Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics Books

• 12-11-2011 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

I'm studying Econics at the moment and am just wondering what textbook is good to use and any revision book ?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

Hi Ned.

I do Economics as well and I'd use "Leaving Cert. Economics Revised and Updated" by Denis L. O'Grady as a textbook and "Rapid Revision Economics" by Michael Ruane as a revision book.

Both books are published by Folens. The textbook I use is very comprehensive and helpful but it was published before the recession began in 2008 so I'd try and get a newer book if you could just so you're up to date with what's happening in the world and not talking about the Celtic Tiger the whole time.
    However, the majority of the book is fine as the principles for Economics remain the same no matter the current economic climate.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭CraigSmith

barbarians wrote: »
    Hi Ned.

I do Economics as well and I'd use "Leaving Cert. Economics Revised and Updated" by Denis L. O'Grady as a textbook and "Rapid Revision Economics" by Michael Ruane as a revision book.

Both books are published by Folens. The textbook I use is very comprehensive and helpful but it was published before the recession began in 2008 so I'd try and get a newer book if you could just so you're up to date with what's happening in the world and not talking about the Celtic Tiger the whole time.
    However, the majority of the book is fine as the principles for Economics remain the same no matter the current economic climate.

Hope this helps.

The ecconomics book by denis O'grady is unbeatable in the market, very easy to understand and explained expertly!

Advertisement