Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for baking supplies

Options
  • 12-11-2011 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Was wonder if anyone knows where to get baking supplies in Waterford or Kilkenny, at the moment i am looking for black food colouring for a cake, finding it very hard to get items unless i order them off the internet. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

I have the little pots of dye pastes but got them in Cork.

There's a place on Michael Street, Jamie's Cook Shop and Creperie. I've only read about it here but they may have it. I've a vague feeling that I've seen it in Superquinn as they've increased the amount of baking stuff. I'll be in there tomorrow and will have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭creambun

Thank you for the replies never though of there always assumed it was a cafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,340 ✭✭✭✭looksee

It is a cafe, but they do baking stuff as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭furry

Superquinn worth a forage. Got green colouring there today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭angelfalling

In the back of Jamie's is a cook shop, they have loads of cake decorating stuff, although at a dear cost. It's the only local place you are going to find it. If time is not of the essence order online.

I had a look in Superquinn today, they didn't have black food colouring. The paste dyes are much better than the liquid ones, you only need a tiny bit and get a more intense colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

jamies have the black paste, its 4.97 (or so) a pot, but if you cant get there allens in clonmel are stocking most of the wilton stuff including pastes, edible glitter, lustre spray etc. not as good prices as online but handy if you are stuck.

Need it for this week the paste will be perfect will have more time to test it, tks for info

• Registered Users Posts: 40 WexTex

Old Post I know, but I was trying to find some baking tools and I'd been in the one on the quay years ago which ye said is gone? So am trying to find out about Jamie's Cook Shop, but the number makes a funny sound when I ring. Is it still there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,340 ✭✭✭✭looksee

It closed a while ago.

I searched the town for baking stuff, shaws, woodies and debenhams have a limited supply, ebay is the only place i can get stuff at the moment i am looking for acetate for chocolate no luck yet back to ebay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

great service from here

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Best shop I've seen in ages was Joyces (?) in New Ross retail park beside Tesco. they hold cake decorating classes there too.

http://www.joyceshomecentre.ie/

http://goo.gl/maps/2fpdd

• Registered Users Posts: 40 WexTex

Oh, didn't know that! I know the shop. They have some great things in there. Will have another poke around there next time I'm headed to Tesco. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Superquinn have a great baking section now, was only in there today and I think they had black, green and red dye iirc.

Advertisement