Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Makes me sick!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

MagicSean wrote: »
    Ah i see. You're just gonna make stuff up now.

Question marks = questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

These people unfortunately don't know any better...
    There is a lot of issues involved here, Dysfunctional Families ?? Education system doesn't seem to fit ?? Weak Courts Service ?? No trust of Gardaí ??

You may be sure a lot of those lads will snap out of it and get on with their life's but the rest of them will be always be causing trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

thee glitz wrote: »
    What's with all these cases where defendants are brought up in front of the beak with 50+ convictions... what are they even doing out on the streets :confused:

Money !!! The legal profession makes a fortune from these people...
    booboo88 wrote: »
    they pay alot of people a fortune for doing jack, they even pay themselves a fortune for doing jack

Its all about the money..

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

Balfie wrote: »
    Just seen a video of when a Jeep rammed a Garda car at halloween in Ballyfermot! Makes me sick that people were actually cheering that the car got rammed, Someone could easily have been killed and people are cheering? Respect or No Respect for the Garda, Uniform or no Uniform. They are people! People with familys! Society sometimes makes me sick!

Video can be seen here

by showing us this all you're doin is giving some nob head, a big head as his youtube hits go up and up. Guards should just leave them to it. let them wreck their own area like fools

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Bosco boy wrote: »
    Being a moderator obviously dosent require intelligence!

I disagwee with dis highly.

Less of the mod-bashing thanks.[/

I have no problem with intelligent mods!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

phill106 wrote: »
    10 years minimum for assaulting an officer sounds like a good start. None of this suspended sentence crap either.

Should be the same for gardai who assault members of the public and none of that suspended crap either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

You always hear people from these skanger areas say that they have nothing do and thats why they have to go out and rob cars etc:rolleyes: They have more to do in these skanger areas than in places like Killiney and Dalkey. You dont see joyriding around those areas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

charlemont wrote: »
    These people unfortunately don't know any better...
    There is a lot of issues involved here, Dysfunctional Families ?? Education system doesn't seem to fit ?? Weak Courts Service ?? No trust of Gardaí ??

You may be sure a lot of those lads will snap out of it and get on with their life's but the rest of them will be always be causing trouble.
    I blame the prison system myself, I mean what sort of parenting skills do you think a fella whose main life experience has been taking it up the jacksie to avoid being shivved inside will bring home? Most of these are third and fourth generation scumbags, on the receiving end for decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

phill106 wrote: »
    10 years minimum for assaulting an officer sounds like a good start. None of this suspended sentence crap either.

Large field, electric fence, wooden huts, intolerant guards with dogs, 3 basic meals, and hard work for 15hrs per day....

...and a cooler..... a BIG one.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Stocking Drinks Whiskey

thee glitz wrote: »
    That seems a little harsh. I'd say 2.5 years+.

10 years is generous in my opinion.

The reason these scum do **** like this is because they just don't care, they have no concept of decency or morality.

When people won't voluntarily behave all that is left is to put the fear into them, deterrents, without morality, it's only the consequences these people fear and I think we should make them **** their pants at the very thought of doing things like this.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

It's a disgrace Joe.

You're a Funny guy micky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Bosco boy wrote: »
    You're a Funny guy micky!

Unlike yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ellegee

fat__tony wrote: »
    Well Ballyfermot is populated mostly by lowlife so what do you expect?

What a ridiculous thing to say. And also not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

fat__tony wrote: »
    Well Ballyfermot is populated mostly by lowlife so what do you expect?

A small percentage of the population are lowlifes. But they are extremely dangerous, disruptive & violent. Most people there are decent.

My mum lives in Ballyfermot, and she's terrified to leave the house once it gets dark. She also has to chain the bins to the railings & chain the front gates to prevent the scum from 'hiding stolen cars in plain site' in the garden.

Everyone knows who the scum are (including the Gardai). But nobody can do anything about it. And civilians who take action end up being attacked or have their cars/homes torched. My neighbour was suspected to 'ratting' to the Gardai and her car was set alight last Christmas eve. The heat shattered the front window and set the living room alight. There were 4 young kids in the house at the time.

One solution.....shoot to kill. Anyone engaged in mass violent behaviour should be shot on sight. They are a cancer and won't be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    The people who murdered Detective Garda Jerry McCabe in cold blood got in or around that. The state will always side with the scumbags, for some reason.

As far as I recall, no one was convicted of murdering him. Several were found guilty of manslaughter and have served their sentences. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

A small percentage of the population are lowlifes. But they are extremely dangerous, disruptive & violent. Most people there are decent.

My mum lives in Ballyfermot, and she's terrified to leave the house once it gets dark. She also has to chain the bins to the railings & chain the front gates to prevent the scum from 'hiding stolen cars in plain site' in the garden.

Everyone knows who the scum are (including the Gardai). But nobody can do anything about it. And civilians who take action end up being attacked or have their cars/homes torched. My neighbour was suspected to 'ratting' to the Gardai and her car was set alight last Christmas eve. The heat shattered the front window and set the living room alight. There were 4 young kids in the house at the time.

One solution.....shoot to kill. Anyone engaged in mass violent behaviour should be shot on sight. They are a cancer and won't be missed.

Who'd do the shooting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    As far as I recall, no one was convicted of murdering him. Several were found guilty of manslaughter and have served their sentences. :cool:

Nobody was convicted of murder. That doesn't mean they didn't murder him, it just means the evidence wasn't there to prove they had intent. But make no mistake, the cowardly bastards murdered him in cold blood and deserved the same fate.

I would hate to live in the area your mother lives in – I’m very glad I don’t.

And yet I do live in Ballyfermot.

Whereabouts in Ballyfermot does your mother live? There does seem to be some anti-social activity up at the Cherry Orchard end of things. But I live in Lower Ballyfermot, the opposite end (and Ballyfermot is a long stretch of an area), and I could not be happier with the place.

I’m not from here originally but I’ve lived here for several years and I’ve never had a problem or felt nervous, day or night. True I don’t go up to the Cherry Orchard end of things – tbh without a car it’s just too far, even if there is a Lidl up there – but I’ve been all around Lower Ballyfermot and the main Ballyfermot shops and can’t recommend it highly enough as an area.

Every large area has good parts and bad parts, even Dalkey and Killiney. To characterize all parts of Ballyfermot as dodgy is quite simply inaccurate and misleading and I really wish people would stop doing it.

MagicSean wrote: »
    Who'd do the shooting?

Me for one. I consider them sub-human and wouldn't think twice about it. And I think many others feel the same.
    ellegee wrote: »
    I would hate to live in the area your mother lives in – I’m very glad I don’t.

And yet I do live in Ballyfermot.

Whereabouts in Ballyfermot does your mother live? There does seem to be some anti-social activity up at the Cherry Orchard end of things. But I live in Lower Ballyfermot, the opposite end (and Ballyfermot is a long stretch of an area), and I could not be happier with the place.

I’m not from here originally but I’ve lived here for several years and I’ve never had a problem or felt nervous, day or night. True I don’t go up to the Cherry Orchard end of things – tbh without a car it’s just too far, even if there is a Lidl up there – but I’ve been all around Lower Ballyfermot and the main Ballyfermot shops and can’t recommend it highly enough as an area.

Every large area has good parts and bad parts, even Dalkey and Killiney. To characterize all parts of Ballyfermot as dodgy is quite simply inaccurate and misleading and I really wish people would stop doing it.

Yup...Cherry Orchard part. Lower Ballyfermot is much safer/quieter, but the whole Cherry Orchard/Croftwood area is a like a warzone. My sister is in the RAF and was stationed in Kandahar & Basra, yet she says she felt safer there than when she visits our mum.

Just came across this on digg.com a few mins ago. Feckin' brilliant.

(Video)
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/18/purse-thief-naked-video_n_1101056.html

• Advertisement

Yup...Cherry Orchard part. Lower Ballyfermot is much safer/quieter, but the whole Cherry Orchard/Croftwood area is a like a warzone. My sister is in the RAF and was stationed in Kandahar & Basra, yet she says she felt safer there than when she visits our mum.

Well could you please in future refer to that area as "Cherry Orchard / Croftwood", and not "Ballyfermot"?

We in the blameless rest of Ballyfermot would much appreciate it :)

Advertisement