Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cider From Juice queries

Options
  • 12-11-2011 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Reading alot on trying this Turbo Cider, and alot using Lidl Apple Juice. Have done Stouts and Lagers from Kitts but would love a Nice sweet cider(Not Sickly sweet though) I drink Bulmers but the Nicest ive tasted is Aspall. Seems the general rule is 4-5 litres of Juice, Yeast, and sugar if desired. I will probably go for Bottling and Adding priming sugars. Just wondering what are people opinion on using the Juice method and extra ingredients to try, I see some people suggesting adding strong tea, Is this for the tannin and what does it do. Not really a Dry Cider fan, but if it turns out that way no doubt I will still drink it. Most confusing aspect though from what Im reading is How long to leave it before drinking, once the initial Fermentation is done. With the Stout/Lagers kitts its usually a week to ferment and a week Bottle, Plus 1 packet of yeast will work with up to 20 litres, So Do i use 1 Packet for 4-5 Litres of Cider ? These Questions have probably been answered before in this forum, but would appreciate some advice here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The one yeast pack will do the 4-5L fine, put it all in. You can add sweetners like splenda (sucralose) to sweeten it, which will not ferment.

I would go for sucralose over the other types.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭silliegillie

Thanks for the tip, Should I add it at the beginning or when bottling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I have a 23 litre batch of Lidl Cloudy Apple Juice in the fermenter, plan to bottle this week.

I used a cider yeast with sweetener included in the sachet from mybeerandwine.ie

I tried a couple of samples last week and it tastes great so far.

Advertisement