Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I found my course, but it's in Cavan, and I can't go there(Media & Public Relations)

• 12-11-2011 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I'm not sure if this is in the right place but...

Media & Public Relations. It's PERFECT for me! But I can't, can't, CAN'T go to Cavan!! Please help! Is there any other course similar to preferably in Cork or Dublin?

Please help!

EDIT: Oops, I meant Carlow, not Cavan.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Why can't you go to cavan? Surely there is some way of working around it if thats what you really want. There are Media courses in DCU and NUIM too, might not be identical but could be very similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

No media courses in Cork anyway. UCC don't do media! Neither do CIT! So that rules Cork out for you anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Carlow's meant to be a great place, college wise. I'd have it down pretty high, but it doesn't have what I want.

Sometimes the course you want means going somewhere you don't. One of my best friends is now in Limerick so he can do woodwork. Thought he'd hate the city, he adores it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭njd2010

No media courses in Cork anyway. UCC don't do media! Neither do CIT! So that rules Cork out for you anyway.

"media" is a fairly broad category, depends what kind of media the OP is looking for. But, off the top of my head I know there is Multimedia in CIT, and also CSN has 1-year Media Production and Radio Broadcasting courses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

njd2010 wrote: »
    "media" is a fairly broad category, depends what kind of media the OP is looking for. But, off the top of my head I know there is Multimedia in CIT, and also CSN has 1-year Media Production and Radio Broadcasting courses.

I know people doing that course. It's not a media course and sounds nothing like the OP's preferred course. Multimedia is more Art and computers than media and PR. I was also going on the basis the OP was looking at Level 7 and Level 8 courses.

• Advertisement
Advertisement