Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hired Thugs

• 12-11-2011 11:54pm

So I have all these hired thugs following me and attacking me. I keep dying to these thugs. Even when I ran to whiterun to talk to a guard to see if i had to pay a fine or anything there was nothing there. I have stolen a few things, but they were from empty houses where noone would have seen me. Any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 kingdiarmuid

i managed to kill these guys and found a contract on their leader. i has the name of the person who sent them but the name did not mean anything to me

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

Same Story myself. Talked to the Jarl after completing the very first Dragon slaying and I walk outside the gates of Whiterun and get approached by 3 thugs. First time I died. Restart and I tried fighting them off and died again.

Third time I came out, and then ran back inside, went back inside to the tavern at the top of Whiterun asked the Merc for help and came back out again and they had disappeared. Strange. Didn't think anymore about it until I saw this thread. It obviously wasn't the Dark Brotherhood/Any guild. A strange one alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Yea its just some1 hired them to kill you,,
    I still have the contract I collected from their corpses but the name of the person who called the hit is not familiar to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Quiet the mystery indeed. Haven't run into this lot yet but have had an assassin try to take me down once and got a letter from them saying i was meant to die. But need to get in with the dark brotherhood soon, always lots of fun those missions, but only after i've cemented my role as hero.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

PauloConn wrote: »
    Quiet the mystery indeed. Haven't run into this lot yet but have had an assassin try to take me down once and got a letter from them saying i was meant to die. But need to get in with the dark brotherhood soon, always lots of fun those missions, but only after i've cemented my role as hero.:D

I treked to Riften to Join the Thieves Guild. Initation mission was interesting and outside of the usual from Oblivion. (Make sure you've got Lockpicks handy) They're the first guild I'm properly come across. Usually once the game starts various Guilds begging you to join.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Falcon.ie wrote: »
    Usually once the game starts various Guilds begging you to join.

I'm in all the guilds I think (apart from civil war). Just became Arch Mage in the Mage's guild. It was a lot quicker than in Oblivion so I'm hopeful there is more to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I had the three thugs try and kill me (I managed to kill them first). The note on the leader was from a guy who I can only remember that his name began with "D". I had found his house and popped inside (it was unlocked) and he attacked me. It was a tough fight, but I managed to kill him. So it was a bit of a shock to find that he was somehow hiring people to kill me, from beyond the grave.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭epiphony

I had 3 hired thugs come after me, but that was after I accidentally started a fight with the two owners of the Riverwood Trader or whatever it's called. I found the contract and the owner took a hit out on me. Maybe you stole something or hit someone that decided to take out a hit too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

They came after me right after I beat the first Dragon.......so I had a few friends with me who ****ed them up. Again, the note had a name on it that meant nothing to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the note I got from them was a guy in the drunken huntsman in whiterun who accused me of being a thief even though I never stole a thing from him, i went therre and tried to talk to him all "wtf dude" but there were no dialogue options about the contract

• Advertisement

I turned down the difficulty settings and killed them. There was a note on one of them signed El Pollo.
    I had killed a chicken in Riverrun previously.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

I turned down the difficulty settings and killed them. There was a note on one of them signed El Pollo.
    I had killed a chicken in Riverrun previously.....

what.. are you crazy??? chickens are sacred in skyrim!!

hypermuse wrote: »
    what.. are you crazy??? chickens are sacred in skyrim!!

I forgot where I was and thought I was going for the kill critter achievement in WoW

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Think i read that its usually innkeepers that send them after you for stealing from them as they don't normally call guards.Not sure if its true,fought them once though!

Advertisement