Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone magnet

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Don't, or you'll regret it. It will fcuk it up. Look for another method. I wrecked an ipod with something similar, your warranty goes out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Bringing a strong magnet close to a mobile phones is a very bad idea. Strong magnetic fields affect electric currents.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,636 ✭✭✭obi604

thanks for replies.

what about if I had a gel case for the iphone and attached the magnet to this gel case ? would that still be harmful ?

obi604 wrote: »
    thanks for replies.

what about if I had a gel case for the iphone and attached the magnet to this gel case ? would that still be harmful ?

Look, forget the magnet. Inside the iphone is some very sensitive circuitry that you cannot bring a magnet near. Never leave it (or a laptop or any other electronic device) on a speaker either. Use your head

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

drop a **** load of money on an expensive phone.

destroy it by using crappy sub par products.

• Advertisement

fair enough

was thinking fo something like this then :

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Car-Air-Vent-Mount-Phone-Holder-Set-Slim-Black-iPhone-4-S-4G-4S-ZVZMA02-/160676338049?pt=UK_Holders_Mounts&hash=item25690e5981

anyone know if these work with a gel case or does the gel case have to be removed every time you want to mount it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

get yourself a parrot car kit. expensive now but will work with all phones and you get to keep the phone in your pocket where it won't distract you!

Thanks but I hate them parrot things

and I have integrated bluetooth in me car so dont need it.

im just looking for a simple device to have my phone positioned on the dash somewhere

get yourself a parrot car kit. expensive now but will work with all phones and you get to keep the phone in your pocket where it won't distract you!

Exactly, why pay hundreds for an expensive phone, then spend pittance on an attachment.
    http://www.parrot.com/uk/products/hands-free-car-kits

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

obi604 wrote: »
    fair enough

was thinking fo something like this then :

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Car-Air-Vent-Mount-Phone-Holder-Set-Slim-Black-iPhone-4-S-4G-4S-ZVZMA02-/160676338049?pt=UK_Holders_Mounts&hash=item25690e5981

anyone know if these work with a gel case or does the gel case have to be removed every time you want to mount it ?

I'd say with that holder you would have to remove the case each time, pain in the ass! Also the holder you showed there goes into the air vent I've had one of those before and it broke the vent because of the weight! So overall wasn't too impressed with it!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement