Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top five favourite gadgets - and why?

Options
  • 13-11-2011 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

Thought this would be a fun idea for a thread, gives those of us who aren't going out tonight something interesting to mull over for a few minutes anyway :)

My top five gadgets are:

1. My Macbook Pro. I needed this for uni as I'm doing music in NUIM, but I have to say I just love everything about it, from its ease of use to its i5 processor speed :D

2. My iPhone 4S. Again, I just love this. I've been addicted to iPhones since the 3GS :pac: I think the best thing about this updated version is the web browser speed.

3. My iPod touch. Though I gave this to my brother (because he accused me of losing his) though I still enjoy using it every now and again, even just to see what apps my brother is into nowadays :P

4. I'd have to say my xbox 360. It's great for when I've nothing else to do, and the kinect we're apparently getting for christmas can only sweeten the deal :cool:

5. Retro time! My gameboy colour is still in great nick, so I enjoy having a walk around kanto in the pokemon universe every now and again!

So, AH, what are your five favourite gadgets? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Moshi Moshi Retro Purple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

Inspector

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Fbjm wrote: »
    Thought this would be a fun idea for a thread, gives those of us who aren't going out tonight something interesting to mull over for a few minutes anyway :)

My top five gadgets are:

4. I'd have to say my xbox 360. It's great for when I've nothing else to do, and the kinect we're apparently getting for christmas can only sweeten the deal :cool:
    :)

Yay you can look like a fool AND pay for it ;)

1: PC

2: Xbox

3: Walkman/phone

That is all the gadgets I own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Solnskaya

1.Orgasmatron 10010 mechanical cock.
    2.Used but fresh examination chair
    3.Large bottle of "Lube-All"
    4.Sony Camcorder
    5.Tube of Savlon, for the aftermath.

Best gadgets ever. As the inventor and innovator behind the "Orgasmatron 10010", I feel doubly proud.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,151 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

My 1960's wind up watch

My 18v Drill

My Camera

My BCD

My electric heated seats.

why do I love them, they have nothing to do with computers or apps or any other crap people are worshiping these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

Someone just wants to bragg. Which is fair enough. But the cleaner? Ah come on now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

My iSpoon. It spoons up yoghurt way better than all the other spoons I had before. Well not that much better, but it a slicker way. And it has a logo on it and is a bit shiney. It did cost five times as much as the other spoons but I would feel uncool with a normal spoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Solnskaya

Sonovagun wrote: »
    Someone just wants to bragg. Which is fair enough. But the cleaner? Ah come on now
    You don't have a cleaner?????Haw haw...
    edit.Neither do I. Bummer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

Ah cop on lads, there's often a back story to these things that people don't like getting into.

For example, we got our cleaner originally to clean my grandma's apartment, since nan was getting less and less able. Eventually, she passed away, but we got on really well with the cleaner whenever we were over for a visit, so we hired her for our house to keep her in a job. Unfortunately, after a few months we just couldn't manage to keep her on any more, and had to let her go. Shortly afterwards she moved out of my area because she couldn't afford the mortgage. I occasionally see her from time to time in the village; I give her a nod, but it's admittedly a bit awkward.

Now if we could stop referencing the fact I mentioned we once had a cleaner, that'd be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Ah cop on lads, there's often a back story to these things that people don't like getting into. But I will anyway so I can continue letting ye all know how fabulously rich we are.

For example, we got our cleaner originally to clean my grandma's apartment, since nan was getting less and less able. Eventually, she passed away, but we got on really well with the cleaner whenever we were over for a visit, so we hired her for our house to keep her in a job. Unfortunately, after a few months we just couldn't manage to keep her on any more, and had to let her go. Shortly afterwards she moved out of my area because she couldn't afford the mortgage. I occasionally see her from time to time in the village; I give her a nod, but it's admittedly a bit awkward.

Now if we could stop referencing the fact I mentioned we once had a cleaner, that'd be great.
    FYP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

El Weirdo wrote: »
    FYP

Jesus, fine, I'll edit that part out.

EDIT: what on earth has admitting we hired our nans cleaner to keep her in a job got to do with bragging? fair enough if you were referring to my OP, but seriously :/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

1. Tamagotchi
    2. Talkboy
    3. Typewriter
    4. Barcode Battler
    5. Watch with TV Remote Control

• Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭lmaopml

My top five gadgets are:

1. My Macbook Pro. I needed this for uni as I'm doing music in NUIM, but I have to say I just love everything about it, from its ease of use to its i5 processor speed :D

2. My iPhone 4S. Again, I just love this. I've been addicted to iPhones since the 3GS :pac: I think the best thing about this updated version is the web browser speed.

3. My iPod touch. Though I gave this to my brother (because he accused me of losing his, even though I know it was the cleaner (yes, we used to have a cleaner, blame it on celtic tiger foolishness :o) who lost it on him >_>) though I still enjoy using it every now and again, even just to see what apps my brother is into nowadays :P

5. Retro time! My gameboy colour is still in great nick, so I enjoy having a walk around kanto in the pokemon universe every now and again!

So, AH, what are your five favourite gadgets? :)

Oh dear, I only have one tonight...

The software that allows me to connect remotely to the office from home and be there like I was actually there in person at the desk....

I love it! Remote desktop is fabulous....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Jesus having a cleaner is hardly that much of a brag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

My butler nearly urinated in his pantaloons in agreement with your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

1. Desktop/Laptop/Computer of some description
    No need to explain here.

2. Smartphone. A HTC Desire to be exact.
    Incredibly useful. A great device that obviously acts as a phone as well as acts as a camera, GPS, music player, a book reader amongst other functions. My main use of my phone (Besides Music) is as a handy web browser that you can use while on the move. Great for checking your emails or train timetables e.t.c. while walking.

3. Tablet: HP Touchpad
    I must admit... Initially I thought getting a tablet would be a waste of money. Well for €145 it sure isn't a waste of money but I digress... :D Great for browsing the net on trains or in public areas where a laptop just isn't practical and the portability of a smartphone is more of a hindrance than a necessity. Also a much better alternative to laptops for playing videos. It's also pretty useful for study. I can store digital versions of textbooks, Powerpoint slides and Googe Docs notes and annotate them using a bluetooth keyboard. All of that and the rest of the functionality that Android tablets have to offer. Quite a lot more utility for it than I first thought.

Oddly enough, I can't think of any more gadgets... I do have others but I wouldn't really ever consider them to be in the same class of "usefulness" as those three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

The Kindle is a pretty fantastic device.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭benj

My Sky+HD......By far the best gadget ever invented :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

1. Atari Jaguar.

/Thread

Seriously How did this not come up before me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

1. personal body hair trimmer thingy
    2. rifle bench-rest (for setting the scope)
    3. micrometer
    4. welder
    5. my log jaw-horse for holding sticks when im cuttin them!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

whenever i think of the word "gadget" i always think of mechanical devices, not electronic things. i always think of electronic things as appliances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

1. Phone HTC Wildfire..
    2. Ipod
    3. Ereader
    4. Laptop
    5. Sky+

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

1. The wheel
    2. Electricity stuff thing
    3. My mum
    4. Cats
    5. Television internet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

the lighter is the greatest gadget ever. I can make fire at anytime without having to rub sticks together. What an invention!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

1. My desktop power supply from maplin. Can charge any battery and run almost any other gadget off this. Can even use it to bend the lead of a pencil.

2. Pico ITX server. Very compact, uses only about 12 watts, only thing wrong with it is the fan is far too loud.

3. Samsung galaxy pro. An android phone with a proper decent keyboard like a blackberry would have, but the keys are much better than you'd get on a blackberry.

4. Satellite phone. Easily mistaken for a 90's "088" phone but your only hope in the middle of nowhere or when the **** hits the fan

5. Arduino / PIC microcontroller
    These happen to be the only kind of microcontroller I own but you can make your own gadgets with these and most electronic gadgets youd buy would have at least one of these built in.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

Ipod

ps3

laptop

smartphone

coffee machine

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

It is when she falls into your Gadget category.

1. Radio on a phone. I can walk around with one device that does 2 things.

2. Rollei SE. Simple front face controls and fits easily into pocket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

iPhone

Xbox

PC

LCD TV

Soldering Iron

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 orl677

If the Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime happened to have Microsoft Office on it, or a very decent emulator, I think it could be my gadget over all gadgets. It doesn't. Polaris Office is quite useful, but just not what I need...I still want it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Advertisement