Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top five favourite gadgets - and why?

Options
2»

Comments

Is anybody else making a list of houses to rob or is it just me?

It's OK, OP, we used to have a cleaner too, but that was because both my parents used to drive nearly 70 miles a day to and from work and it just made it easier when they didn't come home to a messy house.

1. Laptop
    2. Multi-tool pocket knife thing
    3. Mobile phone
    4. Sewing machine
    5. The mighty electrical kettle. I'd be lost without it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Fbjm wrote: »
    Thought this would be a fun idea for a thread, gives those of us who aren't going out tonight something interesting to mull over for a few minutes anyway :)

My top five gadgets are:

1. My Macbook Pro. I needed this for uni as I'm doing music in NUIM, but I have to say I just love everything about it, from its ease of use to its i5 processor speed :D

2. My iPhone 4S. Again, I just love this. I've been addicted to iPhones since the 3GS :pac: I think the best thing about this updated version is the web browser speed.

3. My iPod touch. Though I gave this to my brother (because he accused me of losing his) though I still enjoy using it every now and again, even just to see what apps my brother is into nowadays :P

4. I'd have to say my xbox 360. It's great for when I've nothing else to do, and the kinect we're apparently getting for christmas can only sweeten the deal :cool:

5. Retro time! My gameboy colour is still in great nick, so I enjoy having a walk around kanto in the pokemon universe every now and again!

So, AH, what are your five favourite gadgets? :)

1 Laptop - for all things PC related.
    2 Kindle - a great ebook reader, it's class.
    3 Sky + - great for pausing and recording TV, a Godsend
    4 Portable media player - for entertainment on those long train journeys.
    5 Nokia E71 - great phone handy for calls, emails etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭stimpson

5. iPhone 4 - so I can check email/restart servers from the pub and play games and make phone calls
    4. MacBook - so everyone knows I'm better than them
    3. Modified Gaggia classic and commercial grinder - life's too short to drink crap coffee
    2. Modified Mac Mini - couch surfing, media playing box of joy
    1. My wife - for making babies and practicing making babies and about a million other things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Fbjm wrote: »
    Thought this would be a fun idea for a thread, gives those of us who aren't going out tonight something interesting to mull over for a few minutes anyway

My top five gadgets are:

1. My Macbook Pro. I needed this for uni as I'm doing music in NUIM, but I have to say I just love everything about it, from its ease of use to its i5 processor speed

2. My iPhone 4S. Again, I just love this. I've been addicted to iPhones since the 3GS I think the best thing about this updated version is the web browser speed.

3. My iPod touch. Though I gave this to my brother (because he accused me of losing his, even though I know it was the cleaner (yes, we used to have a cleaner, blame it on celtic tiger foolishness ) who lost it on him >_>) though I still enjoy using it every now and again, even just to see what apps my brother is into nowadays

4. I'd have to say my xbox 360. It's great for when I've nothing else to do, and the kinect we're apparently getting for christmas can only sweeten the deal

5. Retro time! My gameboy colour is still in great nick, so I enjoy having a walk around kanto in the pokemon universe every now and again!

So, AH, what are your five favourite gadgets?

I only have one favourite gadget, the iKnob. It's attached to my laptop and makes an alarm noise when it comes across a certain type of post. It's going mental at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

1. Not owning any apple products
    2. Buying a competitors decently priced similar product
    3. Spending saved cash on hoildays and drink

• Registered Users Posts: 24,046 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

1. Stone
    2. Stone
    3. Stone
    4. Stone
    5. Rock

My civilization are very advanced as you can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,046 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Yakult wrote: »
    1. Stone
    2. Stone
    3. Stone
    4. Stone
    5. Rock

My civilization are very advanced as you can see.

I'm surprised you haven't got a weapon of mass destruction on that list, i.e. a club.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭stanley1

roberts, internet radio.

• Advertisement
Advertisement