Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wii] Ruined SD card

• 13-11-2011 1:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭

I was backing up the NAND to an SD card using Bootmii and it got stuck along the way on the third line. I gave it 10 minutes while trying to figure out if there was a way I could cancel it, but gave up and turned off the wii. The SD car works in the wii (to an extent), as the apps I had on it still come up in the homebrew channel, but the card shows that it has no blocks available in the saves and channels menu, and when I put it into my computer, nothing happens at all, it's not showing up in my computer, or being recognised by the computer at all.

Anything I can try to at least re-format the card or just get it working again?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Probably best just to backup all the app data on it, format it, and try again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Probably best just to backup all the app data on it, format it, and try again.
    I've no way of doing that though, the Wii says it has 0 blocks available and it won't work on the computer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Can you format it through the Wii? Or is that when its telling you no blocks available...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

EnterNow wrote: »
    Can you format it through the Wii? Or is that when its telling you no blocks available...
    Says no blocks available, and only gives me the option to format the wii's own system memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Botulism wrote: »
    Says no blocks available, and only gives me the option to format the wii's own system memory.

Sounds like the SD's file system or something is corrupted. Unless you can find software to force a format, or a low-level format its prob easy to just replace it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

If you just want to format the SD card and don't care about the data on it then use the Panasonic SD card formatter app with the card plugged into a PC.

If you do care about the data then :confused:

Advertisement