Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is 25 a good age to stop sessioning?

Options
  • 13-11-2011 4:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

This is a not-too-serious personal issues thread, aimed at folks aged 25 and above...

I think I'm having a mid life crisis at 25 years of age.

Hopefully somebody here can give me guidance.

I'm always in a social "hanging out" mood, but all my friends (mid 20s) have turned mouldy and they are now literally a carbon copy of their parents. Work the 9-5 week, stay in of a weekend, sit on the couch and watch X-Factor, eat some Sunday dinner, then drag themselves to work on a Monday to reapeat the cycle.

My "best friend" lives literally 2 minutes away from me and if I didn't text or call him to say hello ... we would literally not communicate ever again. The same goes for all my friends, but it's just that my best friend stands out as the most extreme example because... well, he's my best friend. We should be hanging out, right?

In general though, all my friends are happy enough to go through weeks of radio silence and behave like old people.

Am I deluded? Should I just accept the old age routine and start reading Ireland's Own by the fire? I do live in a town though, which has a fairly strong smell of culch off it.

Still, the main question: is 25 too old an age to be "hanging out" with friends?

Or do you folks in you mid-20s still enjoy a healthy social life?

edit: before the 1st reply suggests that all my friends are trying to avoid me... no. They don't even hang out with eachother.

edit: before you suggest that they actually do hang out with eachother but don't tell me about it.... no.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,872 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Broads.ie wrote: »

25 = mid-life? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

No ya nutter

never stop sessioning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

edit: before the 1st reply suggests that all my friends are trying to avoid me... no. They don't even hang out with eachother.

edit: before you suggest that they actually do hang out with each other but don't tell me about it.... no.

I just texted them and they told me they were out having great craic.

Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Can I have your user name?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

We're in the middle of a resession, if you stop sessioning it'll ruin the buzz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

eat some Sunday dinner,

I feckin love Sunday dinner :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I'm 26.
    I became an old person about a year ago too actually.
    There again I do have 2 kids, a house, and a husband, but I did used to still hang out and go drinking a fair bit until I was about 24/25.
    Now it's all about the xfactor and chinese take away dressed in my pj's with the fire on.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Satts

tad00 wrote: »
    I feckin love Sunday dinner :D

Me too, can't beat roast potatoes and chicken gravy. :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Don't ever come down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Stop crying and buy a round.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

i presume you're single and your mates aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭arodabomb

25? Midlife crisis? I assume you're a smoker then!

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭haydar

Do what ever you want. Don't ask what you should be doin

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Turpentine

This is a not-too-serious personal issues thread, aimed at folks aged 25 and above...

Hopefully somebody here can give me guidance.

I'm always in a social "hanging out" mood, but all my friends (mid 20s) have turned mouldy and they are now literally a carbon copy of their parents. Work the 9-5 week, stay in of a weekend, sit on the couch and watch X-Factor, eat some Sunday dinner, then drag themselves to work on a Monday to reapeat the cycle.

My "best friend" lives literally 2 minutes away from me and if I didn't text or call him to say hello ... we would literally not communicate ever again. The same goes for all my friends, but it's just that my best friend stands out as the most extreme example because... well, he's my best friend. We should be hanging out, right?

In general though, all my friends are happy enough to go through weeks of radio silence and behave like old people.

Am I deluded? Should I just accept the old age routine and start reading Ireland's Own by the fire? I do live in a town though, which has a fairly strong smell of culch off it.

Still, the main question: is 25 too old an age to be "hanging out" with friends?

Or do you folks in you mid-20s still enjoy a healthy social life?

edit: before you suggest that they actually do hang out with eachother but don't tell me about it.... no.

Maybe you should add some new friends to your life. Some people, not everyone, seem to lose a bit of their zest when they reach their mid-twenties. Keep in contact with your old friends though.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

I do live in a town though, which has a fairly strong smell of culch off it.

Copper Face Jacks
    29 Harcourt St
    Dublin 2

Problem solved ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

Im 30 and still have same wkd routine as i did 21. Cant hack 2/3 day sessions anymore though. One of these days ill cop the fcuk on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭hairy sailor

a-k-47 wrote: »
    Im 30 and still have same wkd routine as i did 21. Cant hack 2/3 day sessions anymore though. One of these days ill cop the fcuk on.

Same here,mid 30's love a good session,nothing out of the ordinary to be on the piss till 9 in the morning on a good sess the starting over when i get up about 2,used to be able to do alot more but 2 days top's now then die for a few days,no plan's of giving up anytime soon,i enjoy what i do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

It is a good age to get sense, wish i didnt wait another 5 years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

Caoimhín wrote: »
    It is a good age to get sense, wish i didnt wait another 5 years.

Sure hes only 7 years legally drinking. Get some new mates!.

I'm nearly 27 and I go out on the pi*s now more than I did 5 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,895 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Drinks Thursday!!! Yeeaawwwrr

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Sorry OP you're talking bollix there, its only when you get into your mid twenties that you really start to have the stamina to allow you to session properly and the worries that make you want to do so.

From the ages of 15-18 you down a few cans/naggins in a field, get up to mischief, vomit and fall into bed at 00:30

From 18-22 you pre drink, over do it, hit the clubs and go home at 03:00

From 22-24 you probably learn to moderate a bit and thus last til 4 or 5, probably sighs the aid of stimulants.

Then from 25 onwards you have built up a tolerance and taste for heavy sessioning ovwe a period of days with little sleep, you have your own place and more money so it is more practical, you realise that life is not what you had dreamed thus giving you a desire for escapeism. The ecstasy, coke, ketamine and speed allow for super human sessions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Im 27 from the age of 22 my mates where "burned out" but luckily dating a 18 year old at the time I had loads of weekends out in town,now at 27 im still hitting the tiles with people I work with rather than the oul lads who sit in a pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,336 ✭✭✭mojesius

Sorry OP you're talking bollix there, its only when you get into your mid twenties that you really start to have the stamina to allow you to session properly and the worries that make you want to do so.

From the ages of 15-18 you down a few cans/naggins in a field, get up to mischief, vomit and fall into bed at 00:30

From 18-22 you pre drink, over do it, hit the clubs and go home at 03:00

From 22-24 you probably learn to moderate a bit and thus last til 4 or 5, probably sighs the aid of stimulants.

Then from 25 onwards you have built up a tolerance and taste for heavy sessioning ovwe a period of days with little sleep, you have your own place and more money so it is more practical, you realise that life is not what you had dreamed thus giving you a desire for escapeism. The ecstasy, coke, ketamine and speed allow for super human sessions.

Nail on the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

I'21 and most of my friends here are 30+ and there's no end to the weekend sessions. Then again it could just be the whole expat thing, only a few have kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

yeah i would have to say 25 seems to be the age a lot of people start not heading out as much for mad nights out etc, tbh i dont see why, its a personal choice i suppose. but im 25 now and still feel 21 in terms of that, and out of most of my mates i seem to be the one to say about "lets go out for a few drinks" most of the time. imho whatever happened to the days where responabilities such as kids, mortgages, marraige etc didnt mean anything till you were at least 30 odd?! your 20s are for having fun tbh, well your whole life should be :), but definitly your 20s.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

yep

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Sound like a whole lot of fun and a complete lack of responsibility in your life. Back to study I go....... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,981 ✭✭✭✭bnt

"Sessioning" ... is that an equestrian sport, like "Eventing"? :p

I dunno ... when I hear people telling me that my life should follow a certain pattern, my first instinct is to say "O RLY?". Doesn't matter whether it's about drinking, or marriage, or 2.4 children, or anything else - if it becomes predictable, I want to do it differently. Particularly if it's something painful that I don't have to do, such as "Sessioning". My advice: do what makes you happy, stuff everything else.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I really hope when I'm 40 I'm still sessioning.

Sure what else would you be doing?

Advertisement