Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is 25 a good age to stop sessioning?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Good point OP. I'm just past that age and I do feel like some of them are a bit out of touch while others are extreme examples of what not to become :)

Can't seem to find the right balance there for people going to work or college and session the weekend in general.

Since returning to education I've made a ton of new contacts and some great friends from them. Network out I suppose would be my advise. You'll miss them but be kept going in between meetups and they'll more than likely always be there for you if needs be. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Midlife crisis? Are you well in the head ffs? If you let age constrain you in life, you'll be auld before your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

25 is probably around the age when going on the lash every weekend with a set group of people isnt always a given. Lots of people that age are in serious relationships or married with kids or whatever.
    Also imo, mid twenties is the age when the whole drinking yourself into a weekly coma and thinking its the greatest thing in the world ever, starts to wear thin.

People change and I know from lots of experience, if you don't like it, theres very little your going to be able to do about it. Either bite the bullet and call them up to go out. If they are happy to go, just go. If you don't like it, you need to find some new proactive friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭MiseryCat

WTF 25 is considered old????? are you serious! look i'm 25 years old I have no kids, single and I go out with friends for fun having a laugh and yes I have responsibility like having a job ,paying bill etc It depends on the person you are and attitude on the way you live.If your friends are moving on with their lives ,go out and meet new people .Being in your 20s is not old.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

I sincerely hope I'm still heading out at 25. Head down to your local and make mates with the regulars, that way you'll have people to drink with for a long, long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Your friends are dry shytes OP. Its not you, its them. Midlife crisis at 25? You're only a young pup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

No way. The only age to stop sessioning regularly is that at which you have a kid - could be 18 or 40.
    MiseryCat wrote: »
    WTF 25 is considered old????? are you serious! look i'm 25 years old I have no kids, single and I go out with friends for fun having a laugh and yes I have responsibility like having a job ,paying bill etc It depends on the person you are and attitude on the way you live.If your friends are moving on with their lives ,go out and meet new people .Being in your 20s is not old.
    Dude, some folks on this forum go on as if 22 is old.
    There are people in their 30s and 40s on Boards who are miles more fun than them ****ing premature auldies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

Sorry OP you're talking bollix there, its only when you get into your mid twenties that you really start to have the stamina to allow you to session properly and the worries that make you want to do so.

From the ages of 15-18 you down a few cans/naggins in a field, get up to mischief, vomit and fall into bed at 00:30

From 18-22 you pre drink, over do it, hit the clubs and go home at 03:00

From 22-24 you probably learn to moderate a bit and thus last til 4 or 5, probably sighs the aid of stimulants.

Then from 25 onwards you have built up a tolerance and taste for heavy sessioning ovwe a period of days with little sleep, you have your own place and more money so it is more practical, you realise that life is not what you had dreamed thus giving you a desire for escapeism. The ecstasy, coke, ketamine and speed allow for super human sessions.

this post is too accurate its scary!

just over 25 here and finished up a 2day super human session last night ;)

agree that mid-twenties and older is better for sessioning, can last longer and build a tolerence, only down side is recovery is worse..

A lot of the time though when people say their hangovers have gotten worse with age, I wonder whether it's age or just the fact they drink a lot more than when they were younger?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,071 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Age is irrelevant, as death is life's way of telling you to slow down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

There's no good age to stop sessioning. Session until you stop enjoying it. You only live once. If your friends aren't up for it in their mid-twenties, they're the ones with the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

2 words-Barney Stinson.

to be honest tho im not mad on going out drinking, it can be class but not too much of it i still like just chillin out with my mates on the road but doesnt happen that much

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Dudess wrote: »
    A lot of the time though when people say their hangovers have gotten worse with age, I wonder whether it's age or just the fact they drink a lot more than when they were younger?

It's age. Their liver just can't handle it anymore. But sure that's a badge of honour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Mate of mine who is a year older than me (29) is forever going on about how he's "old as ****" now.

Pisses me right the **** off.

Find new friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

Make some new friends that actually wanna go have fun every now and again!:D Sure your old friends won't even have to know about it since they don't leave the comforts of the house, xfactor/fire and Chinese lifestyle!

What have ya got to loose? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Aye too old by 20 really, after then just prepare yourself for deaths sweet embrace:cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Batsy

Broads.ie wrote: »

I think I'm having a mid life crisis at 25 years of age.

There are millions of people worse off than you. I'm 30.

I think someone has bought me a zimmer frame for a Christmas present.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Your friends sound lame OP. Get new ones that like partying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

I only read the first page and it's probably already been suggested but it sounds like you're having a quarter-life crisis - look it up, happens to everyone about 4 or 5 years after college.

My advice: If you're away during winter, turn off the water supply to avoid burst pipes and flooding.

-Brendan, Allianz customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pbowenroe

op you have one year left of being able to session. 26 is the cut-off, from then on you are officially old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

The problem is disposable income. Waking up sunday morning with a bangin headache after an all day session saturday with a good piss up friday night.

Isn't half as much craic when the wallets empty and you've 50 odd quid for the week. Compared to 4/5 times that during the good times.

That what it boils down to, not dry shytes and no craics. It's all about the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

You've got sh*te friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Sure you can't cut it out altogether just cut it down to size. drastically if needs be..

Batsy wrote: »
    Broads.ie wrote: »

I think I'm having a mid life crisis at 25 years of age.

There are millions of people worse off than you. I'm 30.

I think someone has bought me a zimmer frame for a Christmas present.
    What?! You seem about 70.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Broads.ie

OK I THINK PEOPLE HAVE GOTTEN THE WRONG IDEA... KIND OF.

Sessioning would still be good craic to do with friends, but if you read my 1st post, I also ask about just plain and simple hanging out.

Watching a film, having some tins, trying to figure out great sandwich recipes when we're drunk as fcuk, playing XboX, talking shyte etc etc etc.

I'm not talking about clubbing, I'm just talking about hanging out and being social.

Anyway, from the posts I've read so far I think that I really need to move out of this shyte hole town to a city. I'll leave my friends to wither into a routine of Late Late Show and cups of tea, like good country folk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

OP, sounds like your mates have managed to overcome their alcoholism

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

OP, sounds like your mates have managed to overcome their alcoholism

Sounds to me like they have failed to overcome their sobriety. Quitters the lot of them.

Age wrinkles the body. Quitting wrinkles the soul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

I was with a similar gang of lads till I was about 25. The constant going on the lash gets old eventually. From your description it sounds like they aren't trying too hard to keep in contact either. People change, they move on that's just life. Maybe you should get out of the town your in for a while and go do some travelling. Expand your horizons a bit.....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

OP , If I get to 25 and dont have a bunch of people to go drinking with 4-6 nights a week Im just going to have to go make friends with college students or something , sounds terrible OP, you need better mates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Life is one big session. You stop and look around once in a while, you could remember it.

Advertisement