Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The moon was towed here (supportive evidence)

• 13-11-2011 7:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭

Regarding John Lear's belief that the moon was towed here..

I can think of 2 pieces of evidence that support this notion!

1. Coincidence? - It is suspicious to me that the moon perfectly eclipses the sun. If the moon was any closer to the earth or any farther away,this would not be the case.

Is it not interesting that the moon perfectly eclipses the sun?

2. NASA scientists learned that the moon rang like a bell (for over 30 minutes) when one of the lunar modules landed on it. This suggests it is hollow (or at least part of it is).

I think both of these points support the idea that the moon was towed here and is in use as a base for the greys and that we are their "project".

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

This is why I love Boards...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Dude111 wrote: »

1. Coincidence?............

Lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

Bluefoam wrote:
    This is why I love Boards...
    All kinds of interesting things on this base (AND SITE) isnt there??

I love boards also!!

All kinds of interesting things on this base (AND SITE) isnt there??

I love boards also!!

All sorts of hogwash too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

OP, I'd suggest you look at what you call evidence. The sun being hidden behind the moon is not evidence.

Evidence would be something such as a giant tow truck/rocket abandoned in space orbiting the earth, with a big sign on the side saying "moon towing services" and an interplanetary dialing code...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Mooney & Son's Towing & Auto Repair

216-245-4463

Beachwood, Ohio

Ask them.

Bluefoam wrote: »
    OP, I'd suggest you look at what you call evidence. The sun being hidden behind the moon is not evidence.

Evidence would be something such as a giant tow truck/rocket abandoned in space orbiting the earth, with a big sign on the side saying "moon towing services" and an interplanetary dialing code...

But what about "coincidence?" ???? Isn't that evidence enough?

I've a few theories of my own!

For starters:

My sister and comedian & professional television, stage and screen actor Bill Cosby are the same person. You want evidence you say? Well, i've got the evidence:

1) I've never seen Bill Cosby and my sister in the same room.

2) Bill Cosby has been critical of absent fathers in he past.
    When my dad left us and said "Lucy, your mother and I are getting a divorce. Now I don't want you to think it's because we don't love each other any more...... I want you to know that it's all your fault you little b*tch! I wish we never had you" she got upset........ coincidence?

3) When i asked her was she Bill Cosby and hiding it from everybody she said no........... exactly what someone who was trying to hide the fact that they were Bill Cosby would say!

Coincidence? BOOM!!! It's been proven!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

well it is true that one of the Apollo missions found a giant towing lug screwed into a crater, I KNOW thats true because a guy in the pub told me it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭dermiek

Why is Jupiter so much bigger than the other planets? I think it was planted in our solar system to hide the tow truck behind it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Why? Would anyone go to so much trouble

• Advertisement

its the whole point of FAITH is it not? You don't get to know why , you just have to believe that it is so. God had her reasons no doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

1. Coincidence? - It is suspicious to me that the moon perfectly eclipses the sun. If the moon was any closer to the earth or any farther away,this would not be the case.

2. NASA scientists learned that the moon rang like a bell (for over 30 minutes) when one of the lunar modules landed on it. This suggests it is hollow (or at least part of it is).

I think both of these points support the idea that the moon was towed here and is in use as a base for the greys and that we are their "project".

6370c7ae0bc45b5bc59bab47e3ada6ceecf1be83_m.jpg

*I love ancient aliens*

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭GopErthike

Why? Would anyone go to so much trouble

What, hide the truck? Obvious to me really. Imagine the scandal if someone in the project saw it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

The entire galaxy is a massive 3 dimensional billiards game, the proof is the cue marks on the balls.

that can't be right,

only three balls in billiards.Are you thinking of snooker permaybe?

corktina wrote: »
    that can't be right,

only three balls in billiards.Are you thinking of snooker permaybe?

I thought maybe 9 ball pool but didn't NASA downgrade the 9 ball to a dwarf 9 ball a while back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

1. Coincidence? - It is suspicious to me that the moon perfectly eclipses the sun. If the moon was any closer to the earth or any fartheraway,this would not be the case.

I thought this forum was for serious (or even semi serious) threads?
    The moon perfectly eclipses the sun now.
    Thousands of years ago it would have eclipsed more of the suns corona and thousands of years from now it'll eclipse less of the sun. Why? because the moon is pulling away from the Earth at a rate of 2.5-3cm per year. Was this because it was badly parked by the tow truck?

Your second point about the moon ringing like a bell?:D:D:D

How hard would the LEM have had to hit the moon to make it ring? It'd be like a mozzie crashing into Big Ben and making it ring!!

Andrew33 wrote: »
    I thought this forum was for serious (or even semi serious) threads?
    The moon perfectly eclipses the sun now.
    Thousands of years ago it would have eclipsed more of the suns corona and thousands of years from now it'll eclipse less of the sun. Why? because the moon is pulling away from the Earth at a rate of 2.5-3cm per year. Was this because it was badly parked by the tow truck?

Your second point about the moon ringing like a bell?:D:D:D

How hard would the LEM have had to hit the moon to make it ring? It'd be like a mozzie crashing into Big Ben and making it ring!!

Also, to expand on this point, it doesn't always perfectly eclipse the sun every time there is an eclipse. The moon's orbit around the earth is eliptical. And so is the earht's orbit around the sun. This should have an effect if i'm not mistaken?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

There is an estimated billion trillion trillion stars and planets in the universe. Any formation you desire could be found out there, within the laws of physics. I'd imagine the moon 'perfectly'* eclipsing the sun from a planets view is fairly fu(king commonplace, in the universe.

*It isn't a perfect eclipse, as some residual light always appears around the rim. It would appear you only see the evidence that allegedly suits this loony hypothesis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 966 ✭✭✭RedRaven

realies wrote: »
    Mooney & Son's Towing & Auto Repair

216-245-4463

Beachwood, Ohio

Ask them.

HOW IS MY MOONING.

DIAL 1800 - TOWAMOON

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

is there any evidence or source supporting your claim that the moon rung like a bell?

i'm curious , did it go ding-dong? If it is in fact hollow, perhaps the probe landed on the doorbell button?

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    is there any evidence or source supporting your claim that the moon rung like a bell?
    Apollo 13 was headed homeward. Moments later the 15-ton spent third stage of the Saturn V launch vehicle crashed into the Moon, as planned.

It occurred at 8:09 p.m. EST, April 14. The S-IVB struck the Moon with a force equivalent to 11 1/2 tons of TNT. It hit 85 miles west northwest of the site where the Apollo 12 astronauts had set up their seismometer. Scientists on Earth said, "the Moon rang like a bell."

Back in November 1969, the Apollo 12 astronauts had sent their Lunar Module crash- ing into the Moon following their return to the command craft after the lunar landing mission. That Lunar Module struck with a force of one ton of TNT. The shock waves built up to a peak in eight minutes and con- tinued for nearly an hour.

The seismic signals produced by the impact of s-IVB were 20 to 30 times greater and four times longer than those resulting from the LM crash. Peak intensity occurred in 7 minutes.

The information from these two artificial moonquakes led to reconsideration of theories proposed about the lunar interior. Among puzzling features are the rapid build- up to the peak and the prolonged reverbera- tions. Nothing comparable happens when objects strike Earth.

One theory is that the signal is scattered and repropagated in very deep rubble. An- other holds that the velocities of seismic waves from these impacts are comparable to meas- urements of velocities in crystalline rock. So the crystalline material which the astronauts found so abundant on the Moon's surface may extend very deep into the Moon.

http://er.jsc.nasa.gov/seh/pg15.htm

so its not hollow? Maybe it was the crafts rockets set off the Fire Alarm?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭calabi yau

I have a theory:

I believe a planet sized object once collided with the earth. The collision resulted in a load of rock and dust being displaced into space. This coallesed to form our moon.

Sounds crazy I know. Ill stick with the towing theory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr.Success

When the universe was young. A planet called Thea collided with earth and was destroyed all was left was a small chunk which started to orbit the earth.

calabi yau wrote: »
    I have a theory:

I believe a planet sized object once collided with the earth. The collision resulted in a load of rock and dust being displaced into space. This coallesed to form our moon.

Sounds crazy I know. Ill stick with the towing theory.

yeah but who towed THAT there?

Mr.Success wrote: »
    When the universe was young. A planet called Thea collided with earth and was destroyed all was left was a small chunk which started to orbit the earth.

Madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭thecornflake

Reminds me of a guy I know who tells some amount of Bulls**t. He kept trying to tell me that only recently did NASA release information that there were actually, get this, . . .. . .

three men on the Apollo missions !

Crazy, I know, but he had strong evidence. He swore blind that they only let this secret out years ago with all the photographic evidence.

Before anyone says this guy was just trying to pull my leg, he was not, he was very serious.

Any chance of a Mars or moon base coming along any time soon ?, because I don't wanna live on this planet anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Please let this be Thread of the Day!

Reminds me of a guy I know who tells some amount of Bulls**t. He kept trying to tell me that only recently did NASA release information that there were actually, get this, . . .. . .

three men on the Apollo missions !

Yeah , sure didn't the 3rd guy on Apollo 11 go back in time to become Minister for Finance? Liam Neeson played him in a film!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭binxeo

Please let this be Thread of the Day!

I think should thread of the year....:pac: Mental business altogether!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Phoebes, The Martian moon was towed to its position from the asteroid belt.

Our moon was possibly put there to stabilise the Earth.

"I don't wanna live on this planet anymore. "

we'll start a collection for a rocket for you...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭irishleedsfan

binxeo wrote: »
    I think should thread of the year....:pac: Mental business altogether!!!

Couldnt agree more. Funniest thread ever :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

Hilarious-Thanks for that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭GopErthike

Isn't the number 400 important here????

Anyway, whoever parked it there, it obviously wasn't his first day, he got it spot on. another happy customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

I was going to post a real compelling argument in support of OP..

But I don't have my tin foil hat on and them damn aliens might be messing with my brainwaves.... :rolleyes:

OP needs to look up a definition of "Supportive Evidence" somewhere..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

we should nuke the moon just in case ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Has anyone seen the new South Park, with Thanksgiving? Thread reminded me of it ;)

• Advertisement

6370c7ae0bc45b5bc59bab47e3ada6ceecf1be83_m.jpg

*I love ancient aliens*

That guy knows what he is talking about, he's stationed on Babylon 5 lol

Londo_Mollari_Giorgio_Tsoukalos_-Father.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

Has anyone seen the new South Park, with Thanksgiving? Thread reminded me of it ;)

This was the SouthPark I remembered ;)

sp-penismouse.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

But.............I thought it was made out of Green Cheese :confused:

hellboy99 wrote: »

I love giorgio hes awesome,his theories do hold some weight as he backs everything up with some kind of evidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

A perfect eclipse would be one where the Sun's light is blocked out for the entire planet simultaneously. Of course that would require the moon to be so close that living here would be "fun", to say the least.

Isn't it incredible that you when you put your thumb in front of the moon, it creates a perfect lunar eclipse? Coincidence? I don't think so. Clearly our thumbs are not a natural part of our physiology and were add on by aliens.

seamus wrote: »
    A perfect eclipse would be one where the Sun's light is blocked out for the entire planet simultaneously. Of course that would require the moon to be so close that living here would be "fun", to say the least.

Isn't it incredible that you when you put your thumb in front of the moon, it creates a perfect lunar eclipse? Coincidence? I don't think so. Clearly our thumbs are not a natural part of our physiology and were add on by aliens.

Dont be silly seamus god gave us thumbs..........trollolololololol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

Sure wasn't it all faked in a big warehouse in Area 51! If they forgot to paint the stars on the black wall they could well have forgotten to put a foundation under the warehouse resulting in a hollow sound. :rolleyes:

hellboy99 wrote: »

I love giorgio hes awesome,his theories do hold some weight as he backs everything up with some kind of evidence.

There is a major difference between 'some kind of evidence' and robust evidence. Science must hold to one, crackpots hold to another. I will leave you to fill in the rest.

There is a major difference between 'some kind of evidence' and robust evidence. Science must hold to one, crackpots hold to another. I will leave you to fill in the rest.

If he's just said "coincidence?" he wouldn't have been able to question him!

MrStuffins wrote: »

If he's just said "coincidence?" he wouldn't have been able to question him!

The moon was belched out by one of the five moon dogs of our quadrant of the universe... or was it?

I'm just asking questions!

• Advertisement
Advertisement