Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The moon was towed here (supportive evidence)

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

No NO NO! It's Turtles! Turtles all the way down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

MarkR wrote: »

Yes, of course it is you nitwit! But who do you think protects the turtles? Aardvarks?

Do you know nothing of omniphysics? I have been an omnologist of some repute for six clargs now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Yes, of course it is you nitwit! But who do you think protects the turtles? Aardvarks?

Do you know nothing of omniphysics? I have been an omnologist of some repute for six clargs now.

Pah!!! Rookie!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭EggsAckley

Why do poster keep going on about tow trucks? Its Space we're taking about - they would have used tug boats people. What do you think caused all those craters on the surface? Meteor impacts? No they're from the tug boats bumping the Moon into position. And the moon is hollow? Of course it is - thats where they keep the tug boats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

no no, it's hollow because they mined all the cheese out.:rolleyes:

actually I think thats an Urban Myth. The Moon is ACTUALLY FLAT, the same as the Earth

corktina wrote: »
    no no, it's hollow because they mined all the cheese out.:rolleyes:

actually I think thats an Urban Myth. The Moon is ACTUALLY FLAT, the same as the Earth

Yup! It's flat and the flat surface, it's "Face", is facing us perfectly so it LOOKS like it's spherical from our point of view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

My god :eek: The naivety in this thread is astounding, hollow moons, tug boats, aliens and most of all cheese.

Don't you know the Moon is the crown of Selene, and she rides across the sky being pulled by horses (or sometimes oxen and occasionally if the mood takes her dragons). We have known this since the time of the Greeks, there is also abundant evidence for all you "science nazis" out there, to be seen in art galleries all over the world.
    Tug boats and aliens what utter poppycock. :rolleyes:
    She is a Goddess folks, don't be bringing rath down on us.

could be a flat crown couldnt it? could be a crown made of cheese too.could be a Flat crown made of cheese too.

corktina wrote: »
    could be a flat crown couldnt it? could be a crown made of cheese too.could be a Flat crown made of cheese too.
    Oh yea, bright cheese, bright shiny cheese, that sounds very plausible.
    I think you'll find that cheese doesn't shine.
    My god what are they teaching in schools these days, next you will be trying to tell me this "cheese" moon reflects light from the Sun, or something equally ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Oh yea, bright cheese, bright shiny cheese, that sounds very plausible.
    I think you'll find that cheese doesn't shine.
    My god what are they teaching in schools these days, next you will be trying to tell me this "cheese" moon reflects light from the Sun, or something equally ridiculous.

You obviously have never quaffed the milk of the cows of Ceres. I was shining for months afterwards...

You obviously have never quaffed the milk of the cows of Ceres. I was shining for months afterwards...
    If this is the cow you are talking about, I think at least one study done at MIT showed that due to the nose to leg ratio of the imaged ruminant being inconsistent, the picture was declared a fake. The Sun is also behind the camera because the moon is apparently full, but the cow's shadow is at the top of the moon, therefore the picture must have been taken in a studio. The colour I have to begrudgingly admit, does leave the cheese hypothesis open, but only if the MIT study can be proven flawed and the image inconsistencies explained.

If this is the cow you are talking about, I think at least one study done at MIT showed that due to the nose to leg ratio of the imaged ruminant being inconsistent, the picture was declared a fake. The Sun is also behind the camera because the moon is apparently full, but the cow's shadow is at the top of the moon, therefore the picture must have been taken in a studio. The colour I have to begrudgingly admit, does leave the cheese hypothesis open, but only if the MIT study can be proven flawed and the image inconsistencies explained.

Clearly only a cow of such great mass could produce enough milk for a moon sized ball of cheese. It is also possible that the flash from the camera (or cameras) cast the cows shadow on the moon. Also, it is a little known fact that the lead researcher on that MIT paper is the son of the president of the WCC (World Cheese Council), who fear the arrival of the Ceres Cow, whose legendary dairy production would flood the market with cheese, crushing the monopoly enjoyed by the WCC.

the cheese was all mined out, I already told you that. Thats why the moon is hollow....hollow and flat....surely I don't need to explain the Physics of that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

Shame we spent all that money on bailing out Anglo Irish Bank, we should have spent it on a rocket program to check this theory out. And set up a moon base!

I can see the protesters in Dame Street: Moon Base NOW!, Moon Base NOW!

We could have called it the Noonan Moon Base.

Or better still, TWO moon bases - one on the far side of the moon, called the Noonan Nite Moon Base and one on the side facing earth - called the the Morning Noonan Moon Base.

Claim the Moon for IRELAND!

there is no far side of the moon, as a matter of fact its all far...wait, I think I got the quote wrong....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭Calibos

You are all fools. The Hollow Moon wasn't towed into orbit. Inside the Hollow Moon is a giant Hamster called Galacticus and when he runs around inside he can roll the moon aided by the curvature of spacetime as theorised by albert Einstein. In effect, from the Hamster Galacticus' perspective he is always rolling the moon downhill from one gravity well to another, so it takes no effort at all really.

Calibos wrote: »
    You are all fools. The Hollow Moon wasn't towed into orbit. Inside the Hollow Moon is a giant Hamster called Galacticus and when he runs around inside he can roll the moon aided by the curvature of spacetime as theorised by albert Einstein. In effect, from the Hamster Galacticus' perspective he is always rolling the moon downhill from one gravity well to another, so it takes no effort at all really.

OH............ MY............ GOD!!!!

What the hell is this rubbish? Hamster called Galacticus? Who are you trying to fool? Who do you honestly thing is going to believe this? This is one of the most insulting things i've ever read on Boards!

Everyone knows Galacticus is a Guinea Pig!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Shame we spent all that money on bailing out Anglo Irish Bank, we should have spent it on a rocket program to check this theory out. And set up a moon base!

I can see the protesters in Dame Street: Moon Base NOW!, Moon Base NOW!

We could have called it the Noonan Moon Base.

Or better still, TWO moon bases - one on the far side of the moon, called the Noonan Nite Moon Base and one on the side facing earth - called the the Morning Noonan Moon Base.

Claim the Moon for IRELAND!

Ireland already has a giant mass floating around we dont need another......

maryharney.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Has anyone seen the new South Park, with Thanksgiving? Thread reminded me of it ;)

The reason the moon rang when it was hit is because the interior is mostly hollow, consisting of a network of caves.

But inside those caves are the precious stuffing mines, the sole reason for the creation of NASA!

When you see stuffing supplies getting low in the supermarket, expect NASA to announce the resumption of manned missions to the moon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

MarkR wrote: »

Who towed the turtles then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

c_man wrote: »
    Who towed the turtles then?

Splinter

The reason the moon rang when it was hit is because the interior is mostly hollow, consisting of a network of caves.

But inside those caves are the precious stuffing mines

A MrStuffins posting here, coincidence? I think not.

As someone said to me in another thread today "There are none so blind as those who will not see".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

A MrStuffins posting here, coincidence? I think not.

As someone said to me in another thread today "There are none so blind as those who will not see".

The Stuffing Men from the moon's core are among us! :eek:

They're hiding in plain sight, plotting to...

to....

to...control us with stuffing somehow!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Dude111 wrote: »
    1. Coincidence? - It is suspicious to me that the moon perfectly eclipses the sun. If the moon was any closer to the earth or any farther away,this would not be the case.

The moon has been closer to the earth than it is now, and is slowly moving further away from the earth.

The only coincidence is that you happen to be alive during a time where the moon is almost a perfect distance between the earth and the sun to occasionally cover it perfectly during an eclipse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Bunch of fuckin lunartics:(

to....

I'm gonna start with your women!

to....

This thread could probably do with a good stuffing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭geetar

Regarding John Lear's belief that the moon was towed here..

I can think of 2 pieces of evidence that support this notion!

1. Coincidence? - It is suspicious to me that the moon perfectly eclipses the sun. If the moon was any closer to the earth or any farther away,this would not be the case.

Is it not interesting that the moon perfectly eclipses the sun?

2. NASA scientists learned that the moon rang like a bell (for over 30 minutes) when one of the lunar modules landed on it. This suggests it is hollow (or at least part of it is).

I think both of these points support the idea that the moon was towed here and is in use as a base for the greys and that we are their "project".

1st point coincidence.

2nd point is false, because theres no noise in space.

/thread

geetar wrote: »
    1st point coincidence??

Exactly!

Slam Dunk for the OP!

The moon has been closer to the earth than it is now, and is slowly moving further away from the earth.

The only coincidence is that you happen to be alive during a time where the moon is almost a perfect distance between the earth and the sun to occasionally cover it perfectly during an eclipse.

Moving? Pah! The 'moon' is merely shrinking due to dogs eating the cheese (you know, the ones the Russians sent up there).

I have 'supportive' evidence!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

You are an eejit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭spoofilyj

Shakes head and leaves...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

What's with all the Moon conspirators, they seem to be out in force at the moment :confused:

Personally, I think the Sun is just a really bright spaceship, that goes away every once and then and that's why it gets dark.

geetar wrote: »
    1st point coincidence.

2nd point is false, because theres no noise in space.

/thread
    If you put your ear down on the ground of the moon you would hear it, granted not for very long though. Also if you listen through the ground at the moon ringing and lift your head so you can't hear it, is it still ringing? If not, then when you ring a bell in a vacuum, because you can't hear it you haven't rang the bell, and if you didn't do something that you did do that is a paradox and the universe will collapse, therefore to prevent the collapse of reality as we know it, the moon rang like a bell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

The moon was towed here (supportive evidence)

They found the hitch, it's just under the bumper crater......:p

They used a Hiace, it's parked behing Saturn....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

It would have been very difficult for higher life to evolve without our humble moon. The OP is right in that it is a strange moon in its size is about 1 quarter the diameter of the Earth which makes it proportionally the biggest moon in the solar system.

It also has magnetised metals yet it has no magnetic field, there is some evidence that some of the craters where formed internally yet it is to small ever to be hot enough to form a volcano.

It was formed by the debris thrown up from a collision with another planet (current to accepted theory) as it is to big to have been captured by the Earth's gravitational field.

There are other strange unexplained properties of our moon which are not fully explained by current theory. But I am sure one day they will will be.

But bad news people we will lose our moon sometime, I for one will miss it.

But my question to the OP,Why would someone be arsed to tow a moon into the Earth's orbit 3 to 4 billion years ago when the Earth was a molten mess???

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭muppet01

So The Angelus before the news is the sound of angry moon people .............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

44leto wrote: »
    But bad news people we will lose our moon sometime,

:eek:

So she was right, my gambling will lose the sun, moon and stars.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

LOL

A toyota would be the only job boss!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

thats a sensible answer...stop it at once!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Jim, is that you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Monty Python tiiiiiiiiiiiiime!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Regarding John Lear's belief that the moon was towed here..

I can think of 2 pieces of evidence that support this notion!

Is it not interesting that the moon perfectly eclipses the sun?

2. NASA scientists learned that the moon rang like a bell (for over 30 minutes) when one of the lunar modules landed on it. This suggests it is hollow (or at least part of it is).

I think both of these points support the idea that the moon was towed here and is in use as a base for the greys and that we are their "project".
    hmmmmmm.

Was this thread always in AH, or was it towed here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭Wossack

Wow..

They only come out at night... or in this case, the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

al28283 wrote: »

I understand your skepticism. That's because reptiles have been used as scapegoats when it was the Crab People all along ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

hahaha the moon rang like a bell? Any idea of space at all op?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

apparently it was towed here by a bunch of space dwelling bisexual crabs from the Orion nebula. Scientists believe the crabs in question towed it here for the purpose of perving on the sexy crabs on the blue planet below.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Madness.

One might say Lunacy. Hmmm rather.

• Advertisement
Advertisement