Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The moon was towed here (supportive evidence)

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭aristotle25

I dont think the moon perfectly blocks out the sun. The moon casts a shadow on parts of the earth as it passes between the sun and the earth so the eclipse doesn't block out the entire eart surface.

Thats why different parts of the earth see the eclipse at different times and not all parts of the earth get eclipses at once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

cosmicfart wrote: »
    Scientists believe the crabs in question towed it here for the purpose of perving on the sexy crabs
    The words "sexy" and "crabs" don't go too well together. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

foxyboxer wrote: »

:eek:

Is he literally wearing a tin-hat?

foxyboxer wrote: »

In a freak coincidence. At 6:30 am October 7, 2009, Bill Penn of California was watching the moon through his reflector and saw a city in full view in Endymion

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

DOES THE MOON EXIST?

Judging by your username there's been a few full moons in your life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Oh no, I've just realised this thread is in After Hours.... I thought it was a serious discussion, no wonder its started going down hill since it was moved....:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

DOES THE MOON EXIST?

Only when you're looking it at!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Batsy

The Moon was NOT towed here by aliens. What an outlandish and preposterous thing to say. Only the gullible and the Fox Mulders amongst us would believe in such a crazy, far-fetched and silly idea.

The Moon didn't need to be towed as it is - or was - an actual, gargantuan, spherical spaceship itself with aliens onboard controlling it. It moved through space under its own propulsion. It was parked in orbit around Earth and then had rock, dust, debris and artificial mountains put onto its outer surface to make it look like a moon.

The Moon is therefore hollow - any expert will tell you that that appears to be the case - and why it rings like a bell whenever an asteroid hits it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,709 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Batsy wrote: »
    The Moon is therefore hollow - any expert will tell you that that appears to be the case - and why it rings like a bell whenever an asteroid hits it.

I heard it once I think, or it might have been a church bell, cant remember now.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Dude111 wrote: »
    Regarding John Lear's belief that the moon was towed here..

I can think of 2 pieces of evidence that support this notion!

1. Coincidence? - It is suspicious to me that the moon perfectly eclipses the sun. If the moon was any closer to the earth or any farther away,this would not be the case.

The moon is far from always the perfect size for an eclipse, sometimes it's bigger sometimes it's smaller.. the god brigade always uses this argument too but the distance of the earth to the moon is not always the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,429 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I think the OP may have been abducted by the aliens, no sign of him here since the 13th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

I think the OP may have been abducted by the aliens, no sign of him here since the 13th.
    Or arrested by the troll police.

Advertisement