Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free fees conditions

Options
  • 13-11-2011 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I'm a non-Irish student not currently residing in Ireland, but I'd like to transfer to UCD.
    I checked the " Free Fees " page but I didn't see any proper condition mentionned for EU applicants.

Does anyone know what those conditions are ?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

EU Nationals are entitled to free fees also. You just have to have been living in an EU Country for 3 of the last 5 years. As long as you haven't gone to college here before, then you'll be grand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

There is a full description of eligibility for free fees on the Fees & Grants website.
    http://www.ucd.ie/registry/adminservices/fees/free_tuition.htm

Since you are querying Eu applicants, this is the most important part:
    A. Students must belong to one or more of the following categories:-

are EU*, EEA* nationals or nationals of the Swiss Confederation
    or
    have official Refugee status in the Republic of Ireland
    or
    are family members of official refugees who are granted permission by the Minister for Justice and Law Reform to enter the Republic of Ireland and to reside in the Republic of Ireland
    or
    have leave to reside in the Republic of Ireland on humanitarian grounds i.e. "Humanitarian leave to remain in the State”
    or
    have permission to remain in the Republic of Ireland as a family member of an EU citizen and have the classification “4EUFam” on their GNIB card

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

Having a previous level 8 qualification might not allow you to have free fees either, I'm not sure. I know that's definitely the case for grant applications.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Wisco wrote: »
    Having a previous level 8 qualification might not allow you to have free fees either, I'm not sure. I know that's definitely the case for grant applications.

You can't get free fees if you already have a level 8 degree. All is explained at the link above!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭MacieC

No, I do not have a level 8 degree yet.

Thanks for the info.

• Advertisement
Advertisement