Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your First REAL gadget

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

not the first gadget, but i remember having one of these when I was a kid.

http://www.re-buy-cycle.co.uk/uploads/295/3.jpg

It was a computerised bike, that eh, never ever worked. When I say never worked, I mean I never actually saw the thing operational. So it was a big bulky bike that got looks from every other lad in school, was a bitch to get up a hill and I'm fairly sure the folks got it free with a washing machine.
    :D:D
    They had to be a scam,I knew of 3 lads that had them and they did absolutely nothing either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Commodore 64 also here :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I had a spaceship... actually it was just a cardboard box, but to me it was a spaceship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Surprised no one has mentioned a VCR.

My personal favourite was a James Bond watch that played the James Bond Music. or a 128K PC that had to have a cassette tape attached to record or load programs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

First one I can rememebr is the NES in '89.

Ah the memories. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Probably one of them electronic spelling computers but I couldnt tell you the name.
    Besides that, Game Boy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

Sony cassette Walkman.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Max Keller

For me it was a casio watch with a racing game in it. Max.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭spoofilyj

An Amstrad 6128, disk and cartridge load maching, I was so happpy that christmas, still have it and it still works too...:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

irish-stew wrote: »
    An Atari 2600.

I win.

Thread closed.

:p

(gawd I'm getting old)

Nope, I had an Atari 800XL.

With this game:

Bow down, bwoy. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

A BBC micro PC, it wasn't mine as such but I spent most of my early youth breaking it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

ScumLord wrote: »
    A BBC micro PC, it wasn't mine as such but I spent most of my early youth breaking it.

Great machine though. Wasn't that the one that killed off Sinclair?

Advertisement