Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get planning condition against sale lifted

Options
  • 13-11-2011 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi

I received planning permission in 2006 to build my own house on a site in Wicklow that my father had given me. Planning permission was granted with a number of conditions, one of which was that I couldn't sell the house within 10 years. My husband and I are now in the process of separating and I need to sell the house. I've asked in the planning dept in Wicklow County Council but can't get a straight answer out of them regarding having this condition lifted in these circumstances. Does anybody know if a solicitor's letter setting out the circumstances would hold any water with the council or would I need a court order or something like that? Or would that not make any difference? I can't keep up the mortgage repayments on my own so the house would end up being repossessed eventually anyway. Has anybody got any experience of this type of scenario?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,242 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Consult a solicitor, all legal advice is banned sitewide.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement