Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Replacement Product Care Cancellation

Options
  • 13-11-2011 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Might sound like a bit of a stupid question but I just want to be sure.

I purchased Replacement Product Care for earphones I bought from Argos, but I want to cancel the plan now. I was just wondering if I need to go to the same Argos store from which I purchased the plan to cancel it or is it ok if I go to any Argos store? I don't want to waste my journey only to find out I have to go back to the store from which I bought it. Many thanks if anyone can help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,461 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Expect to get the runaround if you try to cancel the protection plan, I think you're talking about some kind of extended warranty in which case what you paid for was effectively an insurance policy, I doubt if you'll get your money back.

You will definitely be bumped back to the original store, nobody in any other branch will be interested in dealing with you.

On what basis are you now attempting to cancel what you paid for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

how much where the headphones and how much was the replacement plan?does it cover missuse or accidental damage?also how long is the plan.to me it might not be a bad idea pending on the shops terms and conditions.i know i get these plans on certain items but not on others.i wasnt aware of headfone cover,i personally have gone through many headfones and they wernt cheap(i cannot bare crap sound lol),problem is all the headfones iv had either were dropped,sat on,or the wires started coming out due to them getting tangled and wrapped around the ipod. as for the cancellation once you havnt used it they should refund you the replacement plan.or else the remander ie if you have had for for one month and the plan is for 1 year you should be entitled to 11 months instead of the whole amount

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mtnh

There is a 45 day cancellation period so it won't be a problem.

I will chance it today anyway.

Thanks.

Advertisement