Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sectarian harassment by teens.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Skopzz I've dialed your advice back there a wee bit. Mentioning just how far the OP could go with defending himself against a dangerous animal, even if it is on his property, is a bit excessive.

There is after all a young girl involved in all of this, and whilst her dad may be more than capable of confronting the young fellas, she's already had one black eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

Thoie wrote: »
    When you reported the black eye to the police, did you tell them you wanted to press charges, or did they ask if you wanted to?

They asked if I wanted to but as I dont know their names or addresses there was nothing they could do Im afraid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Offy wrote: »
    They asked if I wanted to but as I dont know their names or addresses there was nothing they could do Im afraid.

You said earlier that you went to their houses to see their parents.

owenc wrote: »
    You said earlier that you went to their houses to see their parents.

Yes I did but as Im new to the area I couldnt tell the PSNI what the address was and as I only know the first names of two of the boys the PSNI said I would need to get their last names and their exact address. I didnt grow up here so I dont know street names and pointing out what house they lived in was not an option the PSNI would allow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Yes I did but as Im new to the area I couldnt tell the PSNI what the address was and as I only know the first names of two of the boys the PSNI said I would need to get their last names and their exact address. I didnt grow up here so I dont know street names and pointing out what house they lived in was not an option the PSNI would allow.

That's not great.

At least things are getting better. Hopefully they'll grow tired and move on to this next person.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Skopzz

pow wow wrote: »
    Skopzz I've dialed your advice back there a wee bit. Mentioning just how far the OP could go with defending himself against a dangerous animal, even if it is on his property, is a bit excessive.

There is after all a young girl involved in all of this, and whilst her dad may be more than capable of confronting the young fellas, she's already had one black eye.

Let's have a merry-go-round and pretend it's normal to receive this

And as for the people who thanked you...

You did indicate speaking to their parents so it's not rocket science to put two and two together. At least you do not appear to feel too pushed about the matter.

Richard wrote: »
    That's not great.

At least things are getting better. Hopefully they'll grow tired and move on to this next person.

LOL. That must be a joke.

Skopzz wrote: »
    You did indicate speaking to their parents so it's not rocket science to put two and two together. At least you do not appear to feel too pushed about the matter.

Im certainly not pushed enough to take matters into my own hands as you suggested. Where exactly do you think that would lead? To them thinking "oh I better leave them alone". I suspect there is little chance of that happening. I honestly expected speaking to their parents would stop the nonsense, if I had know it would not have I might have wrote down their address. Believe it or not this kind of behaviour is new to me, where I come from we raise our children to respect others and the thoughts of a boy hitting a girl is something we do not tolerate. Neither do we tolerate other parents taking matters into their own hands. What the bloody hell does my tax money pay the PSNI for? Thats their job not mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Skopzz wrote: »
    And as for the people who thanked you...
    Yes? Carry on with whatever you were going to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

How are things now? Any better?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭BogMonkey

If they're hassling you for being Irish, just move to a catholic area. They won't mess with you on the Garvaghy road.

Advertisement