Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q Magazine- this month- U2

Options
  • 13-11-2011 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I was wondering if anybody has picked up a copy of this months Q Magazine with the U2 cover bands songs of Achtung Baby? I have searched all over Dublin for a copy but it seems to be sold out everywhere :eek: really want to get a copy of that CD. A few great covers on it. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

I was in Easons and Tesco in Portlaoise this evening and there was plenty of them in stock in both places if that's any use to ya??

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

They are on youtube if you are really stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

If you're near Ballsbridge, Bon Espresso still has a couple of copies left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

If you're near Ballsbridge, Bon Espresso still has a couple of copies left.

Cheers mate, I got the last copy in there this evening :D

Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

Don't care for the mag too much, but the CD is good. You can download it from iTunes as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Have to say I don't think much of the CD, I was hoping for better.
    NIN do a pretty decent version of Zoo Station though. I'd give Depeche Mode (So Cruel), Jack White (Love is Blindness) and The Killers (Ultraviolet) another few listens but the rest is rubbish IMO. And that's before I even mention Snow Patrol destroying Mysterious Ways...:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

I thought Killers "Ultra Violet" was awful. Snow Patrol and The Fray's covers were also pretty terrible. Damien Rice's "One" was just weird. And while I do like Garbage, I don't think "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses" was the best one for them to cover. They'd have done better with one of the more electronic songs.

Jack White's "Love Is blindness" was definitely the best one there. NIN's "Zoo Station" was pretty good too, if somewhat unadventurous.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

helios wrote: »
    Don't care for the mag too much, but the CD is good. You can download it from iTunes as well.

Same as.... Didn't even open the mag. I'm sure it's good... I'm just not that interested! Pretty happy with the covers. Like Garbage's version of Wild Horses. Think The Killers did a good version of my favourite U2 song. (Ultravoilet)

Advertisement