Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Association 2012

• 13-11-2011 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Dear Coach/Instructor,

On Sunday September 18th 2011, a meeting was held in Lucan Co.Dublin and a new committee for the Irish Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Association was nominated and voted for. The following appointments were made:

• Chairman- Andy Ryan (BJJ Revolution)
    • Vice Chairman- Peter Lavery (BJJ Revolution)
    • Secretary- Barry Oglesby (Drysdale Jiu Jitsu)
    • Technical Director- John Kavanagh (SBG)
    • Tournament Director- Liam Beechinor (Pedro Bessa)
    • Development Officer- Darragh O’Connaill (Ribeiro Jiu Jitsu)
    • Treasurer- Clive Staunton (SBG)
    • Regional Coordinator- Fergal Quinlan (BJJ Revolution)

The Irish Brazilian Jiu jitsu Association is dedicated to the continuous improvement and development of the sport of BJJ in Ireland, and also has the approval of the International Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Federation to proceed in forming an organisation to represent Ireland internationally.

Beginning January 2012, the IBJJA will begin accepting applications for membership of the association. Membership will cost €100 per annum for a club and will be open to all Brazilian Jiu Jitsu clubs who fulfil the membership criteria, namely to have a black belt instructor, or a colour belt instructor operating under an IBJJF approved black belt.

Some initiatives which the IBJJA will be pursuing in the near future for the benefit of the membership include:
    • International recognition from the IBJJF
    • Establishment of an approved BJJ coaching qualification through Coaching Ireland
    • Certification of each member club by the IBJJA
    • Official list of grades, official club list for the new IBJJA website
    • White and Blue belt teams competition open to IBJJA members only
    • Irish Closed competition open to IBJJA members only
    • 2012 Irish Open BJJ tournament
    • Investigation of the potential for reduced Public Liability Insurance for member clubs
    • Regular training meets for those wishing to compete internationally

The IBJJA invites you to join the association for the year 2012, and welcomes your questions and feedback on the benefits of membership to the General Secretary, Barry Oglesby at baz.oglesby@gmail.com

Yours in sport,
    The Irish Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Association.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Kieran81

all the best lads , particularly establishing a set standard for somebody to coach bjj and with the insurance part, hope it help bjj in ireland evolve

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

Best of luck with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

Sounds great! Those initiatives sound really cool! The IBJJA have huge potential to improve BJJ in Ireland, especially with the potential competitions and coaching standards! Best of luck! I really hope it works out better than last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭dasmoose

Nice one guys, good to see this taking off and to see more comps on the calendar!

Could you give us an idea what the membership fee will be put towards?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭wayno

Hi i just have a question about the meeting that was held, i was on the bjj committee since 2010 and tough i would have a vote on the new committee .

Could anyone shed any light on how the invites work as i never got a invite even though i was on the IBJJA committee .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭EnjoyChoke

Doesn't seem to have been very inclusive up to this point. Hopefully this will improve, organisation can only be a good thing long term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭David Jones

As Gordon Gecko succinctly put it, "What are you, twelfth man on the deal team, last to know?"

Only found out about it after the fact too Wayne and a very pertinent question Mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭dasmoose

Well guys I can't speak for you but in fairness, Andy contacted me well in advance of the meeting so that I could let Graham know about it.

In the end we just didn't have any senior club members free to attend, GBNI were invited!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

The main questions I would have is what will the €100 go towards and is it planned for this to be a democratic association?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 hiromatsu22

+1 on the uninvited list...ah well, good luck with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

best of luck with it and the improvements it will bring

Advertisement