Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork County Council Interview

Options
  • 13-11-2011 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi everyone,
    I'm wondering if any from ye had an interview in Cork County Council?
    I applied for an internship there and got invitation for interview and dunno will be a standard panel interview, what to expect... I think its a really nice place to work. If you have any experience with working there will be great if you share or maybe already somebody from ye had interview and can share what type of questions they ask because its a public sector not private employer thats why Im wondering.
    Thanks! :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭homer.j

Typically an interview panel in the public service will be made up of 3 to 4 members, with one acting as a chairperson. The chairperson will typically go through your cv and question you about this.

They will also introduce you to the other panel members and tell you which department/speciality they belong to.

Some of the question they may don't take this as gospel ask you is about the make up of the council, it's main responsibilities, how it achieves its funding (i.e rates/planning fees/motor tax and of course funds from central government), it's corporate plan, the county development plan. They may also ask you if you have any experience in some of the I.T systems they use for example I believe they use SAP for their financial systems.

Did you get a job specification for the internship that you have applied for or know which area they are interviewing you for.

If you have a job spec there may be a core competencies or a job description these are the things they will base their questions on, that's if you have one.

Best of luck.

P.S - No I do not work for the council! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

+1 on Homer's post,

I had two interviews last summer with them for the WPP. One was for one position and the other one was for a number of different positions.

The first one was for a number of different engineering positions, civil/water/environmental etc and that interview was with 3 engineers and was quite good.

Whereas the second interview was with 2 engineers and a person from HR.

Got offered one position, didn't take it, took a different one with another state body.

Advertisement