Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

just sorted after 45 frustrating minutes. Timein Q kept going up and down and eventually froze twice before at the 3rd attempt got seated for 2nd night. Not a ticketmaster vetern tbh but its a boll1x of a system if ya aregoing up and down the Q like billy-o. >200 e for a concert is steep but havent seen the boss livebefore so i'll do it once before we both get too old and cranky to enjoy it (me and the boss that is, the mrs is already there)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Yes!!! Got 2 for the pitch at 9.04 and 2 in section F row X for the second night....CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jimmyboss

One for each nite, mofos :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Going both nights, get in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

How important is a fast internet connection in getting tickets on TM? I have an 80Mbps connection and neither myself nor my colleague had a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Can't afford both nights at the moment so hopefully the second night won't sell out and when finances improve in the new year I'll get one for it then! For now I am happy with going to the 1st gig :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

How important is a fast internet connection in getting tickets on TM? I have an 80Mbps connection and neither myself nor my colleague had a problem.

I'm on a similar connection and never have issues getting tickets, ever really, so it seems to be a major factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuce!!!

Tickets for night one and night two sorted, Can't wait!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Reckon these tickets will be shipped before Christmas? Highly unlikely, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

essentially none. any half way decent connection will be the same as an extremely high speed one.

a 2mbps connection with a ping to the server of 10ms would be much better than an 80mbps connection with a ping of 100ms.

although in reality, neither are likely to make any real difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Got two tickets on pre-sale for Hyde park in London on the 14th July. Looking forward to it now. Seen Bruce four times in the RDS so going to give it a miss this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

2 standing sorted for both nights:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Sweet got 2 seated tickets for the Wednesday show just there. :D

Was full sure I wouldnt have a hope getting them trying this late!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Completely forgot this went on sale today, I really can't afford it so close to Xmas. What do you guys reckon are the chances of both dates selling out before feb/march?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

dee. wrote: »
    Completely forgot this went on sale today, I really can't afford it so close to Xmas. What do you guys reckon are the chances of both dates selling out before feb/march?

I would say chances are very high.

I've got 2 tickets for London Saturday 14th July and 2 for Dublin on Wednesday 18th. Happy out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

I would say chances are very high.

I've got 2 tickets for London Saturday 14th July and 2 for Dublin on Wednesday 18th. Happy out :)

there is no standing for the first night left already, so i would imagine quite high

darryn wrote: »
    there is no standing for the first night left already, so i would imagine quite high

Damn :( guess I'll have to wait until next time he plays here!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭foxirl

dee. wrote: »
    Damn :( guess I'll have to wait until next time he plays here!

Keep an eye on Adverts.ie coming up to the gig. You might get lucky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Think I've two spare standing for the first night if you want them

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Frank03

Ticketmaster is still throwing up tickets for 2nd show...keep trying folks.

• Advertisement

nm wrote: »
    Think I've two spare standing for the first night if you want them

I wouldn't be able to pay you until after Xmas (probably early feb) if that's ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

I dont think you will have a problem getting tickets closer to the gig. I dont have a ticket yet I fully intend going if I am around those dates. I am going to wait until much closer to the date to decide.

For instance you will have people that want to go to the 2nd that have tickets for the 1st gig etc. Also some people might end up with holidays etc at that time. I do have a ticket with a few friends for Manchester (no thanks to Ticketmaster :mad:) but am satisfied that I will be able to get a ticket for one of the RDS gigs should I be able to go.

Overall, it is great to have this tour to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

dixiefly wrote: »
    I dont think you will have a problem getting tickets closer to the gig. I dont have a ticket yet I fully intend going if I am around those dates. I am going to wait until much closer to the date to decide.

For instance you will have people that want to go to the 2nd that have tickets for the 1st gig etc. Also some people might end up with holidays etc at that time. I do have a ticket with a few friends for Manchester (no thanks to Ticketmaster :mad:) but am satisfied that I will be able to get a ticket for one of the RDS gigs should I be able to go.

Overall, it is great to have this tour to look forward to.

also toutless is a great little site

• Registered Users Posts: 86,550 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Are tickets all gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Got mine this morning. This is the first time I get seated tickets - must be getting old...:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Just after buying 4 tickets for Hyde Park with no bother if anyone is still looking for tickets, £66 a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Frank03

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Are tickets all gone?

Tickets for 2nd show available on TM

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Comeback King

:D Got 4 tickets thruogh Ticketmaster this morning, just lucky I guess .Just got a great deal for Ballsbridge Towers for Sprinsten gig on roomex.com €60 Double room for the 18th.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭regress

Even though sold out it should be no problem getting tickets at face value or less outside concerts or in weeks before

Based on past concerts many of the tickets sold today will be to wannabe touts who have no intention of going. Supply will exceed demand particularly with two concerts on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭BangBeater

This question might have been asked somewhere previously on this thread so apologies if so... but can I ask why does Bruce play in the rds when he could sell out Slane or Corke Park twice over?

And what is the capacity of the RDS?

Advertisement