Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ThunderRoad94

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Here ya go lad, Prove It 78 from Cork....

Thank you. Great video quality too. Beyond words. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

would love if Bruce done a solo acoustic tour next year. Imagine him playing a few intimate gigs in the Bord Gais Theatre or Vicar Street

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gordo10

tracert wrote: »
    Brilliant. Go on Nils! I still can't believe I saw Prove It All Night '78 live.

Me too. I had a big request sign for it, but I forgot to bring it:mad:, maybe that's why he played it.
    First time for me to hear it live as well, it was top of my wish list.

Faith rewarded:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

True enough no list will please everyone, but that list is extremely petty imo. Basically, every album that's not "vintage E Street before Bruce went mainstream" sits low on the list, besides Nebreska (which I actually dislike as an album, I like the songs but much prefer them in the full band arrangements he has done live)

That list is done by someone who has a slight "he's just phoning them in" attitude. Lucky Town I agree with, but Wrecking Ball is far inferior to both Magic and Working On A Dream and Seger Sessions should be far higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ThunderRoad94

niallon wrote: »
    True enough no list will please everyone, but that list is extremely petty imo. Basically, every album that's not "vintage E Street before Bruce went mainstream" sits low on the list, besides Nebreska (which I actually dislike as an album, I like the songs but much prefer them in the full band arrangements he has done live)

That list is done by someone who has a slight "he's just phoning them in" attitude. Lucky Town I agree with, but Wrecking Ball is far inferior to both Magic and Working On A Dream and Seger Sessions should be far higher.

Wrecking Ball, far inferior to WOAD? :eek: INFERIOR? :confused: Wrecking Ball is one of his best albums yet. Just shows how he still remains relevant after 50 years in the business (next July! ;)) :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Wrecking Ball, far inferior to WOAD? :eek: INFERIOR? :confused: Wrecking Ball is one of his best albums yet. Just shows how he still remains relevant after 50 years in the business (next July! ;)) :rolleyes:

WOAD is very patchy, nowhere near WB in quality. Magic is one his best albums imo, only surpassed by BTR and the Darkness.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

Magic album is excellent. wonder why he didnt play any songs off it??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Gypsy Biker live complete with guitar duel at the RDS was stunning, would be a shame if he never played it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

WOAD is very patchy, nowhere near WB in quality. Magic is one his best albums imo, only surpassed by BTR and the Darkness.
    Agree with you there, Magic really is up there and challenging to equal his best albums when you listen to it from start to finish, its that good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Devils and Dust ain't bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

This is magic and well worth a listen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXLlslSzwp0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

This is magic and well worth a listen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXLlslSzwp0

Hadn't come across that before. Feckin awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Slightly off-topic, but may be of interest to some: Caril Fugate (who is now 70) has been critically injured in a car crash that killed her 81-year-old husband.
    The single-car accident happened on Monday night in Michigan.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

Slightly off-topic, but may be of interest to some: Caril Fugate (who is now 70) has been critically injured in a car crash that killed her 81-year-old husband.
    The single-car accident happened on Monday night in Michigan.

If anyone is wondering how this relates to Bruce Springsteen, this is the woman who went on the killing spree with Charles Starkweather in Nebraska, I think, back in the 50s. Bruce's song Nebraska is based on this event.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

Looks like dates in Australia and new Zealand going to be announced this afternoon. People getting very excited and speculating over new album and tour for next year on twitter and on greasy lake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Dero123 wrote: »
    Looks like dates in Australia and new Zealand going to be announced this afternoon. People getting very excited and speculating over new album and tour for next year on twitter and on greasy lake

Just cant see it myself, would have thought it will be 2015 at least before he makes his way back around....

Maybe a smaller tour on his own?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Whats your take on it? Can you see a full European tour again next year?

kryogen wrote: »
    Whats your take on it? Can you see a full European tour again next year?

My best guess at the moment:

New Album late Jan (as per WB)
    AUS/NZ tour (confirmed)
    US tour - Spring/Summer
    European Autumn mini-tour
    More US dates Spring 2015
    European tour summer 2015

But who knows with Bruce......certainly the new album hints and rumours have been hanging around for a while now.

Looking at him this year, and the countries and different venues he's visited, he seems like he wants to leave a legacy of live performances world-wide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

Its official now 7 gigs in oz and new Zealand in Feb. Wonder will we see him on Europe late summer agree that he will go back to states April and may with Europe maybe late June through to august.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Frank03

dixiefly's thread title really getting old now.....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

As much as id love to see him again ASAP , id rather he took time off after OZ/NZ tour to write the new album and be back over here in 2015

As much as id love to see him again ASAP , id rather he took time off after OZ/NZ tour to write the new album and be back over here in 2015

You're assuming it's not already written... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

dixiefly's thread title really getting old now.....

And so it begins again! need to start saving. Daughters in college and Bruce Springsteen tours are not very compatible.

I tried changing the thread title to 2013 a month or so ago. Maybe you lose access to the title after a time period.

Mods, can the title be changed to 2012/2013/2014?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

Ha i was about to post in here the other night at how sad i was to see the thread disappear off the front page and it was really setting in that the tour was over and nothing new to talk about. Looks like we will be getting ready to do it all over again within the year :D

Btw i really think he wants to celebrate the 50 years aspect, as soon as he mentioned it in Kilkenny i was thinking it would be very difficult for him to spend that kind of anniversary chilling at home or stuck in the studio. The album is already written and ready to go before NZ/Aus in my opinion, the prolific ****er! (i say that as a jealous songwriter who is struggling to put a verse together at the minute :o )

I thought the 3000th post should be marked in a special way.....Olivia Wilde promoting her new movie....article-0-1B51A5E2000005DC-649_634x899.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

It'd be nice to have a good chat with her about what songs she'd have left off that album, and what outtakes she thinks should have made the cut instead... :rolleyes:

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

I thought the 3000th post should be marked in a special way.....Olivia Wilde promoting her new movie....article-0-1B51A5E2000005DC-649_634x899.jpg
    Good stuff Damo, nice t shirt.;)

Advertisement