Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

It'd be nice to have a good chat with her about what songs she'd have left off that album, and what outtakes she thinks should have made the cut instead... :rolleyes:

What? You need to be an expert now to wear a t-shirt? Sometimes the elitism on this thread is very off-putting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Raoul

What? You need to be an expert now to wear a t-shirt? Sometimes the elitism on this thread is very off-putting.

Its hilarious isn't it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

It was actually meant from the perspective that if you actually encountered Ms. Wilde in a Springsteen t-shirt, you'd be unlikely to thread together anything more coherent than, "Uh... I like Bruce too...", rather than attempting to kickstart a nerdy conversation about said album. It was not meant as any slight on her "level of fandom". But I see how it was interpreted that way.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

It was actually meant from the perspective that if you actually encountered Ms. Wilde in a Springsteen t-shirt, you'd be unlikely to thread together anything more coherent than, "Uh... I like Bruce too...", rather than attempting to kickstart a nerdy conversation about said album. It was not meant as any slight on her "level of fandom". But I see how it was interpreted that way.

This is utter rubbish. If I met Ms. Wilde in said t-shirt (or any other attire), I'd be unlikely to thread anything more coherent than ""Uh..." before giving up and copiously drooling. Please get your facts right in future.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

blastman wrote: »
    This is utter rubbish. If I met Ms. Wilde in said t-shirt (or any other attire), I'd be unlikely to thread anything more coherent than ""Uh..." before giving up and copiously drooling. Please get your facts right in future.

:D

I'd tell her that it's clearly Al Pacino on that T-Shirt, and she should take it off immediately...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Bought "live at hyde park" DVD from itunes (took 3days to download :S) it looks AMAZING!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Bought "live at hyde park" DVD from itunes (took 3days to download :S) it looks AMAZING!!

It is! I would also recommend the New York 2001 show, great performance

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

kryogen wrote: »

Great DVD, though the order is a bit messed up, they have DVD 1 which is an attempt to fit an entire gig into 90 mins then DVD 2 contains a lot of what they had cut out.

Some great performances though. 10th Ave freeze out is absolutely epic. and the whole New york/New jersey banter is class as well.

Well worth the price of the dvd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Bruce has just sent twitter crazy by sending his first tweet.....

https://twitter.com/springsteen/status/369903918681034752

kryogen wrote: »

Havent watched it yet but Iv seen radio nowhere on it....its so class :D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I miss the Springsteen summer...

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭muirsheen

I miss the Springsteen summer...

Me too could do with a concert !

fingers crossed for summer 2014!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

fingers crossed for summer 2014!

think about fans bank accounts lol. Can possibly see a one off Croke Park or Slane gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

PTH2009 wrote: »
    think about fans bank accounts lol. Can possibly see a one off Croke Park or Slane gig

Please not Slane

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Cant see Slane since MCD book for Slane so Bruce wont change from Aiken .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I've heard a rumour from a reasonably good source that a 30th anniversary gig for Slane in 2015 is a possibility. I wouldn't bet money on it yet, but remember where you heard it first :)

I really hope he doesnt do slane :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I really hope he doesnt do slane :/

If The Boss does Slane he will do it right

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Cant see Slane since MCD book for Slane so Bruce wont change from Aiken .

But perhaps Mountcharles might change from MCD to Aiken for Bruce?

RainyDay wrote: »
    But perhaps Mountcharles might change from MCD to Aiken for Bruce?

Very possibly unless him and MCD have signed a contract etc . Think Bruce would def make me head back to Slane . Would love to get my parents tickets for it since my dad went to see him in 85 but the massive walk into the venue might put them off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Very possibly unless him and MCD have signed a contract etc . Think Bruce would def make me head back to Slane . Would love to get my parents tickets for it since my dad went to see him in 85 but the massive walk into the venue might put them off

It's not suitable at all, it's not 1985 anymore. I'd go for Bruce but I'd still rather go to any other venue in the country to see him, as the rest don't involve 1.5 - 2 hours walk either side of the gig, severe traffic problems, endless queues, etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

Cant see him playing Slane would say its more likely couple of night in the Rds and maybe up to Belfast. Do think that it will be 2015 before we see him again in europe

nm wrote: »
    It's not suitable at all, it's not 1985 anymore. I'd go for Bruce but I'd still rather go to any other venue in the country to see him, as the rest don't involve 1.5 - 2 hours walk either side of the gig, severe traffic problems, endless queues, etc etc

Fair point but if you get one of those shuttle buses from City Centre it makes it handier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

nm wrote: »
    Fair point but if you get one of those shuttle buses from City Centre it makes it handier

That's very true about the buses. A 70-something year old family friend who wouldn't be at all sprightly went to Bon Jovi this year using the standard bus, and didn't have any difficulty at all, much to my surprise.

My god how good does he look 2 days before his 64th birthday ???? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2427291/Bruce-Springsteen-shows-tanned-toned-body-hits-beach-Rio-Janeiro.html Hon The Boss!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Helloooo Nurse!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Good news, tonights show at the Rock in Rio festival looks like it will be streamed live on the Rock In Rio You Tube channel. Bad news, its scheduled to start at 4am.

In the meantime, here's Portuguese Bruce opening the Sao Paulo gig last Wednesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

Good news, tonights show at the Rock in Rio festival looks like it will be streamed live on the Rock In Rio You Tube channel. Bad news, its scheduled to start at 4am.

In the meantime, here's Portuguese Bruce opening the Sao Paulo gig last Wednesday

Last year one of the concerts in Lisbon was to be streamed live and it didn't happen think they just released 4/5 songs the next day up on you tube similar to what happens at Hard Rock or Isle of Wright last year

Advertisement