Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Anyone else watching....BADLANDS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fnrkkqlg8fY

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭muirsheen

Happy Birthday Bruce

• Registered Users Posts: 86,604 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

muirsheen wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Bruce

64 and still a rocking legend

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭morebarn2

On Broadsheet.ie Bruce looking fabulous on his 64th Birthday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Here is a bootleg download of KK night 2 - http://springsteenbruce.altervista.org/kilkenny-ireland-july-28-2013-night-2/

Does anyone have a link for night 1 ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

how do you download this? never used/seen this thing before

http://brucespringsteen.net/ A word of thanks from the boss

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

how do you download this? never used/seen this thing before

Think it means it is now available on Jungleland torrents.
    It's a lot of hassle tbh.
    Buy it here, I have no connection but have used before.

http://www.rockinconcerts.com/artistsearch.php?an=Bruce%20Springsteen&city=Kilkenny

People will disagree and I don't want to get into arguments about the rights and wrongs of buying bootlegs. I can't be bothered with downloading. I like to buy a few bootlegs with the work and artwork done for me.
    I bought live Bruce tapes on O'Connell bridge in the late 80's and still have them. See no reason to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

http://brucespringsteen.net/ A word of thanks from the boss

such a well composed letter, and you can imagine those humble words coming from Bruce.
    It was my first time at a Bruce & E-Street band gig and I will always refer to it when it comes to telling people how a professional music act should go about their business.

:confused:

Nothing to do with torrents, there is a direct download link right there. Slow yes, difficult no.

https://rapidshare.com/desktop/download/836p3/3796485944/MjAxMzA3MjhLa2VueS5yYXI=/352977/0/0/1/A0CD43837BCB419AE44B4A22F5ECF4B0/referer-3AB26E30F38A75E4DAF0B2D272DFEC1A

Click the white 'To Download' link on the right. Then download the .rar file. 337MB and not great speed, but that's it.

• Advertisement

such a well composed letter, and you can imagine those humble words coming from Bruce.
    It was my first time at a Bruce & E-Street band gig and I will always refer to it when it comes to telling people how a professional music act should go about their business.

same for me! l love watching videos of him giving speeachs or being interviewed....he has a great way of using words, obv in his songs, his poetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Buy it here, I have no connection but have used before.

http://www.rockinconcerts.com/artistsearch.php?an=Bruce%20Springsteen&city=Kilkenny

People will disagree and I don't want to get into arguments about the rights and wrongs of buying bootlegs. I can't be bothered with downloading. I like to buy a few bootlegs with the work and artwork done for me.
    I bought live Bruce tapes on O'Connell bridge in the late 80's and still have them. See no reason to change.

That sample sounds God-awful

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    That sample sounds God-awful

Can anyone recommend the best (or any great/reasonable quality) bootleg of a show off the current tour?

cheers

nm wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend the best (or any great/reasonable quality) bootleg of a show off the current tour?

cheers

09-12-2012 sirius braodcast from the Apollo is best sound-wise for obvious reasons. Rock in Rio is out there too, I have the video downloaded but not the audioalone as yet....

09-12-2012 sirius braodcast from the Apollo is best sound-wise for obvious reasons. Rock in Rio is out there too, I have the video downloaded but not the audioalone as yet....

how or where do you get these Dr Nick?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

how or where do you get these Dr Nick?

I find that Springsteen Bootlegs is the best. And whilst I haven't listened to anywhere close to them all, the Prodigal Son at Winterland boot from 1978 show is my favourite so far. Would love to hear other recommendations. The Sirius one should be there too, I liked that one at the time, but listening back to it now it shows that it's the first performance of this tour.

That aside, whilst I haven't commented very often in this thread, can I thank everyone that has. It's been absolutely brilliant following this thread over the past 2 years. Seen five live shows over the course of this tour and this thread has been invaluable in getting me into queues, into pits, and into accommodation. The knowledge, banter and insight here is better than some dedicated Bruce forums I could mention. Thanks again.

I find that Springsteen Bootlegs is the best. And whilst I haven't listened to anywhere close to them all, the Prodigal Son at Winterland boot from 1978 show is my favourite so far. Would love to hear other recommendations. The Sirius one should be there too, I liked that one at the time, but listening back to it now it shows that it's the first performance of this tour.

That aside, whilst I haven't commented very often in this thread, can I thank everyone that has. It's been absolutely brilliant following this thread over the past 2 years. Seen five live shows over the course of this tour and this thread has been invaluable in getting me into queues, into pits, and into accommodation. The knowledge, banter and insight here is better than some dedicated Bruce forums I could mention. Thanks again.

nothing comes up when l click on the link?

Mostly get stuff from Jungleland now but that looks a good site. Torrents can be a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

nm wrote: »
    :confused:

Nothing to do with torrents, there is a direct download link right there. Slow yes, difficult no.

https://rapidshare.com/desktop/download/836p3/3796485944/MjAxMzA3MjhLa2VueS5yYXI=/352977/0/0/1/A0CD43837BCB419AE44B4A22F5ECF4B0/referer-3AB26E30F38A75E4DAF0B2D272DFEC1A

Click the white 'To Download' link on the right. Then download the .rar file. 337MB and not great speed, but that's it.

Thanks for that link, took about nearly 4hrs, but not as slow as a torrent i had off it, still trying to d/l a week later

I've come across two similar bootleg sites as well if you want to try them out,

springsteenbootlegs.blogspot.com.es/
    springsteenbootlegs.blogspot.it/
    Mostly get stuff from Jungleland now but that looks a good site. Torrents can be a pain.

I'm not familiar with Jungleland, as PB is blocked on eircom, yeah torrents are a pain for things you actually want

For anyone who was at Limerick, this is fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Rumours on twitter new album is recorded and ready to roll early next year, with tour announcement to come November/December.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

For anyone who was at Limerick, this is fantastic.

That was amazing. Thanks for posting Dr Nick. Do you think it is lightly we will have a tour next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Horse1920

Aiken to have big announcement in the am... Here's hoping...

Big news alright.... ( . ) ( . )... Dollys coming to town....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Horse1920 wrote: »
    Aiken to have big announcement in the am... Here's hoping...

Stereoboard in the UK also claiming a big tour announcement at 9am.. never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Stereoboard in the UK also claiming a big tour announcement at 9am.. never know.

Garth Brooks ???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Dolly Parton seems to be the big announcement on Aiken.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just announced: Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band will be coming to South Africa for the first time in January/February 2014 with two concerts in Cape Town and a third show in Johannesburg. Complete details are ticket information at http://brucespringsteen.net/news/2013/bruce-to-play-south-africa-for-the-first-time-ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

Just announced: Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band will be coming to South Africa for the first time in January/February 2014 with two concerts in Cape Town and a third show in Johannesburg. Complete details are ticket information at http://brucespringsteen.net/news/2013/bruce-to-play-south-africa-for-the-first-time-ever.

Got tickets for both Cape Town shows, so glad it's not outdoors @ the godawfull stadium (Stadium itself great, stadium sound for gigs abysmal)

The 2nd show had sold out within 2 hours, the first night still had standing left when I checked, but no seats.

Can't wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

endabob1 wrote: »
    Got tickets for both Cape Town shows, so glad it's not outdoors @ the godawfull stadium (Stadium itself great, stadium sound for gigs abysmal)

The 2nd show had sold out within 2 hours, the first night still had standing left when I checked, but no seats.

Can't wait :D

Nice, thought about planning a holiday around it but chickened out!

Determined to see him in the US at some point although well aware that the European gigs now have a much better vibe and atmosphere yet it's just something I want to do.

• Advertisement

Advertisement