Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

I have resisted the temptation to listen to the album so far, listening to streamed music like this doesnt do it for me and the speakers on my PC arent hifi quality.

Thinking of going for the vinyl album. Still have 2 working turntables linked to music system and my receiver. Try to relive the days of playing a new album from scratch (excuse the pun).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I think the vinyl comes with a download or disc anyway, so just buy that and get the best of both worlds. That's probably what I'll do. Likewise, I never bother listening in advance: I just wait for the physical item.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

Heard a track from it last night on Paul McCloone's show - yep, good track (can't remember the name of it)... bodes well for the rest of the album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Goreme wrote: »
    Heard a track from it last night on Paul McCloone's show - yep, good track (can't remember the name of it)... bodes well for the rest of the album.

Harrys place? l heard that the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

I think the vinyl comes with a download or disc anyway, so just buy that and get the best of both worlds. That's probably what I'll do. Likewise, I never bother listening in advance: I just wait for the physical item.

You will not get the DVD with the vinyl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I'm actually not too bothered about that. I ordered the London Calling: Live at Hyde Park DVD from his site when it was first released (the bundle with the art print and t-shirt) and the DVD is still shrinkwrapped, never been watched. :eek:

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Managed to listen to the first nine of the twelve tracks from the new album in the car on the way to work this morning - excellent so far!

Harrys place? l heard that the other day
    It was Raise your Hand, very good version.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dmartin22196

Goreme wrote: »
    It was Raise your Hand, very good version.

It's actually called Heaven's Wall.

Heard just like fire would on today fm, catchy but reminds me of a song a female sang and its bugging me l cant think of it!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭Tsipras

Any European tour on the cards??

• Registered Users Posts: 22 backstreets

This is the question on every Bruce fans lips at the moment, he is touring South Africa and Australia from Jan-March and nothing after that, i think Bruce and the band will def tour North America and i can see some European shows but not many as he has hit Europe pretty hard over the last 2 years. Possibly a sort European tour similar to the Magic European tour in 2007 and that will be that for The High Hopes Tour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

This is the question on every Bruce fans lips at the moment, he is touring South Africa and Australia from Jan-March and nothing after that, i think Bruce and the band will def tour North America and i can see some European shows but not many as he has hit Europe pretty hard over the last 2 years. Possibly a sort European tour similar to the Magic European tour in 2007 and that will be that for The High Hopes Tour

Looking that way, yes. I'd take that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Hope no-one else made the mistake (like me) of pre-ordering from WowHD. It went from Not Available Yet to Backordered when the album was released. I ordered another album at the same time that was released about a month at that stage (over Christmas) and it's been on backorder as well since then, three weeks waiting so far and it hasn't even been shipped yet and they can't tell me when it will be. The galling thing is they have a big banner ad for High Hopes on the main page of the website despite not having any stock of it to sell, apparently.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just announced: Bruce & The E Street Band playing New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival on May 3. Tickets on sale now at http://nojazzfest.com

• Registered Users Posts: 31,900 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

blastman wrote: »
    Hope no-one else made the mistake (like me) of pre-ordering from WowHD. It went from Not Available Yet to Backordered when the album was released. I ordered another album at the same time that was released about a month at that stage (over Christmas) and it's been on backorder as well since then, three weeks waiting so far and it hasn't even been shipped yet and they can't tell me when it will be. The galling thing is they have a big banner ad for High Hopes on the main page of the website despite not having any stock of it to sell, apparently.

WowHD are notoriously slow for delivery. I bought Football Manager 12 off them when they were CDWow and I swore never to purchase from them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

I ordered a DVD for the OH in late November for Christmas and it still hasn't arrived:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Nothing to do with a tour, but this is brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

That's just brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

Just announced: Bruce & The E Street Band playing New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival on May 3. Tickets on sale now at http://nojazzfest.com

The last time (I think!) he played that festival was with the Seeger Sessions band and then they went straight to Europe (the Point, first) for a short indoor tour during May before heading back to the US.

Something similar might suit the "High Hopes" tour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

tracert wrote: »
    The last time (I think!) he played that festival was with the Seeger Sessions band and then they went straight to Europe (the Point, first) for a short indoor tour during May before heading back to the US.

Something similar might suit the "High Hopes" tour?

To be honest, excuse the pun but that would be more aptly titled No Hope as I dont think there is any chance of them coming to Europe this summer. This has been an exhausting and long world tour and they must be (rightly) looking to concentrate on North America.

If we get them in the first half of 2015 that would be super.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

dixiefly wrote: »
    To be honest, excuse the pun but that would be more aptly titled No Hope as I dont think there is any chance of them coming to Europe this summer. This has been an exhausting and long world tour and they must be (rightly) looking to concentrate on North America.

If we get them in the first half of 2015 that would be super.

Pun excused!

You're probably right but I can't help holding out hope all the same. (You can't get way from the puns with this new album, sorry.)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Off-topic slightly but thought this was funny...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

'Just Like Fire Would' from Brisbane:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Davy wrote: »

Off-topic slightly but thought this was funny...:pac:

He just makes me melt:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Mars Bar wrote: »
    WowHD are notoriously slow for delivery. I bought Football Manager 12 off them when they were CDWow and I swore never to purchase from them again.

Finally dispatched yesterday so should have some Bruce goodness in a week or so. No sign of the other CD yet, though. To be fair to Wow HD, I've bought a fair bit of stuff from them down the years and this kind of thing is the exception rather than the rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Got the vinyl.. didnt realise there was a CD. Included..
    After buying the CD separately..
    But not complaining.. quite a good album, maybe not fantastic, or his best, but there are some fantastic individual tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Introbaby

Dancor wrote: »
    Nothing to do with a tour, but this is brilliant.

This is fantastic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

blastman wrote: »

I ordered mine from pirate bay, it was delivered about a minute later. Yes, I know it's stealing but I have contributed quite a bit to Bruce' coffers over the years and he most likely won't miss it too much!

Advertisement