Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

clickhere wrote: »
    Dr. Nick I hope you dont mind me asking ,whats the quality like.Thanks

Not bad. Didn't go for the FLAC, just MP3.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

This, just....this!!!

I think they've sold another download of that show!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I need a Springsteen concert this year, still in withdrawel from the unbelievable summer I had last year

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Here are Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band's 2014 U.S. tour dates:

4/8 – Cincinnati, OH – U.S. Bank Arena
    4/12 – Virginia Beach, VA - Farm Bureau Live at Virginia Beach
    4/15 – Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena
    4/17 – Nashville, TN - Bridgestone Arena
    4/19 – Charlotte, NC - Time Warner Cable Arena
    4/22 – Pittsburgh, PA - Consol Energy Center
    4/24 – Raleigh, NC - PNC Arena
    4/26 – Atlanta, GA - Aaron's Amphitheatre at Lakewood
    4/29 – Sunrise, FL - BB&T Center
    5/1 – Tampa, FL - MidFlorida Credit Union Amphitheatre
    5/3 - New Orleans, LA - Jazz & Heritage Festival
    5/6 – Houston, TX - Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
    5/13 – Albany, NY - Times Union Center
    5/14 – Hershey, PA - Hersheypark Stadium
    5/17 – Uncasville, CT - Mohegan Sun
    5/18 – Uncasville, CT - Mohegan Sun

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/bruce-springsteen-and-the-e-street-band-announce-2014-u-s-tour-dates-20140210#ixzz2svrg0WiE
    Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I feel a Irish gig coming on!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I feel a Irish gig coming on!!!!

Much as i hope de, i severly doubt it.. those dates id guess are only half a tour, no NJ date for One thing..

Itd be august before hed hit europe.. would need about a week in the o2 if he were to come here then..

I agree, think it's going to be next year for Europe. There'll be dates or a second half of the tour added to the US schedule first, I'd say.

Downloading the third night in Perth, can't wait to hear Highway To Hell properly!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭interlocked

Brilliant download.

After Night 1 in Adelaide yesterday he's up to 89 songs in seven shows.

And Adelaide was an even better set list than Perth 3!

God only knows what he'll pull out for Night 2

43 degrees there at the moment.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

reading a book atm, Springsteen on Springsteen......really good its a copy of his interviews up til 2012, lan Dempsey interview is in it! Barrowed it from the library

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

at the earliest nov/dec for europe

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Rumours abound that Eddie Vedder and Glen Hansard will join Bruce on stage in Melbourne

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Forster

Great gig in Melbourne Sunday night - 3 hours 50 mins - he just kept going on and on to near midnight.

Love Tom Morello in the band - High Hopes a stand out live and always great to hear full Born To Run album.

Have to say Aussie audience less lively than us plus very wear very few tshirts etc so not the same atmosphere as Home.

Got Roulette too- a real bonus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I think its important to recognise the whole cast of supporting characters in these shows also. Its not just Bruce bustin his ass up there for the best part of 4 hours and it goes above and beyond what pretty much all of the other big touring bands are expected to do at a concert.

Fair play to everyone involved, some of the E Street members are no spring chickens either! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

kryogen wrote: »
    I think its important to recognise the whole cast of supporting characters in these shows also. Its not just Bruce bustin his ass up there for the best part of 4 hours and it goes above and beyond what pretty much all of the other big touring bands are expected to do at a concert.

Fair play to everyone involved, some of the E Street members are no spring chickens either! :)

I was at the cinema yesterday, saw a trailer for a documentary called "20 Feet from Stardom". Its about backing singers and how amazing talented some of them are, working on the road with the likes of the Stones and ESB but never get the limelight as solo musicians that they deserve. The Boss is interviewed in it along with a lot of other legends. Looks like a good watch and also Oscar nominated.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

Looks like Europe could be a runner for this summer after all!

Hope all yalls German is good but you should get the gist!

http://www.bild.de/regional/hamburg/bruce-springsteen/geheimplan-boss-34868932.bild.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

jossnjuice wrote: »
    Looks like Europe could be a runner for this summer after all!

Hope all yalls German is good but you should get the gist!

http://www.bild.de/regional/hamburg/bruce-springsteen/geheimplan-boss-34868932.bild.html

Must restrain self... must not get over excitd yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

Whats the gist of it?My phone IP is blocking the Bild website for some reason?

ankaragucu wrote: »
    Whats the gist of it?My phone IP is blocking the Bild website for some reason?

Linked it on to a friend that fluent in german....let ye know as soon as l do!

***update****

Asked my friend for the gist of it......" its supposed to be a secret but he'll be playing that stadium in Hamburg in July."

***another bit****

"it says an American tour has been confirmed for April and May + that a last leg of the tour in Europe is "highly speculated""

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Wow if this is true.

However I still struggle to see it happening as they are back in the States until mid May. That could see additional gigs added and the band, roadies etc are due a break.

• Advertisement

just switched on the radio...waitin on a sunny day came on....its a sign!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,417 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

he mite not include an irish date. he could just do venues he didnt do during the wrecking ball tour.

Would be cool to see him in the Aviva or the RDS again

• Registered Users Posts: 22 backstreets

If he comes and there is no way Bruce would not visit Ireland if he is touring Europe, it will almost certainly be a Dublin gig and it will be the R.D.S

Aiken will have a bumper summer what with 5 sold out Garth Brooks shows and now Bruce as well( if it happens)

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

How come nobody uses Google Translate?!

Bahr field - What a Concert Pops for Hamburg . Rock superstar Bruce Springsteen (64) should still play this summer here at the stadium.

IMAGE KNOWS THE "SECRET PLAN BOSS".
    Everything is still top secret. But his record company confirmed PICTURE, what is behind the scenes already strong in planning.

Based on the current state of the "Boss" is on 6 July at the Imtech Arena auftreten.Der evening is blocked already for Bruce Springsteen. Tickets for this concert Kracher is to start in the coming weeks.
    The U.S. star (120 million albums sold) is on a world tour since mid-January. Currently in New Zealand, where he plays Saturday and Sunday in Auckland at the stadium. Already known are the dates
    of Springsteen's U.S. tour in April and May. About a subsequent European tour starting in June is speculated hot in fan forums.

Enlarge"The Boss" Bruce Springsteen
    "The Boss" Bruce Springsteen: Live it is a power that his concerts last up to five hours
    Pop-Alarm in Hamburg Stadium: After a while it was there, musically speaking, quiet, heck now crashing again at major concerts in the public park.

The already long sold-out concert "is known Metallica "on 4 June.
    And also in 2015 to run the plans: The UK megastars 'Coldplay' singer Chris Martin to (36) will report back after a long break. Also in stages. Here, too, wondered out loud band management through Hamburg.
    And a German Star also has big plans. More information soon in FIG.

More news from Hamburg and the surrounding area read here on hamburg.bild.de.

The translation ain't the Mae West, but you get the gist!

Here's hoping Bruce and the E Street pay us another visit!
    Please let it not be the R.D.S!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

This vid came up as recommended for me on youtube, I had to say I approached with serious caution, but as usual Bruce pulled it out the bag. The man can do no wrong even with a song like this cheese fest.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

niallo24 wrote: »
    This vid came up as recommended for me on youtube, I had to say I approached with serious caution, but as usual Bruce pulled it out the bag. The man can do no wrong even with a song like this cheese fest.

Downloaded it straight away when i heard it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Today's sunshine is making me think of last summers Springsteen gigs. I need a Bruce fix

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

The new EP for Record Day(today) is available to download on iTunes now

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

Just saw last nights setlist, nine sign requests, three tour premieres and some songs rarely played. There getting better and better every night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Starting with ICEMAN?!
    Holy s**t!
    :)

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Advertisement