Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

Bruce Springsteen - Dallas, Texas - April 6, 2014 .if you put that into you tube the full concert is there. I was trying to load it but it wont embed. I came across it searching for bruce on the Horizon box on UPC tonight. 3 hours later and too much wine i taught i should share with fellow Bruces.:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

The documentary telling the story behind High Hopes is on TG4 tomorrow night at 1050

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Dero123 wrote: »
    The documentary telling the story behind High Hopes is on TG4 tomorrow night at 1050

There's definitely a Bruce fan in TG4, they must have shown Storytellers 20 times back a few years ago....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Dero123 wrote: »

ahhh sickened wont be home :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

ahhh sickened wont be home :(:(:(

Sky + or whatever, video tape if you still have one!

• Advertisement

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Sky + or whatever, video tape if you still have one!

prob the only house in the country without sky, video tape dont work anymore cause of the soarview:(

itl surely be repeated during the week knowing TG4??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

prob the only house in the country without sky, video tape dont work anymore cause of the soarview:(

itl surely be repeated during the week knowing TG4??

On right now :)

so what was the programme like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

It looks like we have finally come to the end of the "Tour".....

Quote at end of gig:
    Before the tour-ending "Dream Baby Dream," Springsteen sat at the pump organ and told the crowd, "We want to take a moment and thank yourselves for coming out and seeing us, I appreciate the support after all of these years. And I want to thank all the four million-plus people that have seen us on the Wrecking Ball/High Hopes tour. They made this simply one of the greatest musical stretches of our lives, when we're coming out of hard times, and I can't thank all of them and all of you enough. So while we're apart, just remember... Dream baby dream..."

Setlist from Mohegan Sun Arena / Uncasville, CT (night 2)

Setlist:
    Roll of the Dice
    Leap of Faith
    Jump
    Frankie
    Santa Claus is Comin' to Town
    Seven Angels
    Don't Look Back
    Darkness on the Edge of Town
    You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)
    Frankie Fell in Love
    Adam Raised a Cain
    High Hopes
    Youngstown
    Murder Incorporated
    Johnny 99
    Cadillac Ranch
    I'm a Rocker
    Loose Ends
    The Ghost of Tom Joad
    The Rising
    Badlands
    Born to Run
    Ramrod
    Dancing in the Dark
    Tenth Avenue Freeze-out
    Jungleland
    Dream Baby Dream (solo)

l saw the set list and thought it was wrong cause santa clause is coming to town is on it?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

so what was the programme like?

Sadly, i only came across the end of the program on sat nite as i didnt expect TG4 to have it on, so after seeing the post on the main boards page, i checked on youtube for it & its in the first link in the search & further below that one you have an hour long interview on E St radio last Jan.

Could be the one that was on TG4, as its longer than on TG4, enjoy anyway :)
    Bruce Springsteen - High Hopes In South Africa documentary film

clickhere wrote: »
    Bruce Springsteen - Dallas, Texas - April 6, 2014 .if you put that into you tube the full concert is there. I was trying to load it but it wont embed. I came across it searching for bruce on the Horizon box on UPC tonight. 3 hours later and too much wine i taught i should share with fellow Bruces.:):)

I just came across it here all 2:52.17 of it all, wow. I havent been on Youtube for ages, now i know why!:) btw where are the setlists?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

l saw the set list and thought it was wrong cause santa clause is coming to town is on it?!

Yea, whats that about? Santa Claus isn't come to any towns in May.

nm wrote: »
    Yea, whats that about? Santa Claus isn't come to any towns in May.

apprentley is was requested by someone in the audience!

Must be someone spacing out the shopping early :confused::)

I just came across it here all 2:52.17 of it all, wow. I havent been on Youtube for ages, now i know why!:) btw where are the setlists?

This is where I usually look for Springsteen setlists
    http://www.backstreets.com/setlists.html

He's done it a few times during the summer recently

http://www.greasylake.org/songs_record_live_all.php?s_song_title=Santa+Claus+Is+Coming+to+Town&s_keyword=Santa+Claus+Is+Coming+to+Town

Documentary on High Hopes in South Africa on youtube for a limited time....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNDZnkiJ0Jc&feature=youtu.be

edit: I see that Patty O'Furniture has already mentioned this documentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Watched Springsteen & I last night. I really needed a Springsteen fix.

Hard to believe last summer was the summer of Springsteen for me. Managed to see all 5 Irish gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Horse1920

A BTX post suggests that Springsteen is looking to release and do quite a few things in the coming months. The person who wrote the post says that there will be a River box set released in November which will then be followed by a new Springsteen album in February. They also say that the new album is not an E Street Band album. There was a report yesterday that Springsteen already has 8 songs down and practically ready for the record that have a "Mexican" type of sound to it. Could very well be that country feel album. The poster goes on to say that there will also be a new tour arrangement starting in Spring 2015. The new tour format is said to be Bruce solo/with minimal musicians for about an hour and then the E Street Band joins for the rest of the show. That would for sure be an interesting arrangement and one I could see working out. This rumor does line up with previous rumors we have heard regarding a new release in November and a tour in 2015. 

Here is the full post made on BTX: 

"There will be a River box set released in November followed by an album of new material (Non E Street Band) in Feb. A tour is due to to begin in Spring 2015, the format is to be Bruce solo/with minimal accompaniment for an hour then joined by the E Street Band for a set.

This is sourced from a rumour and I rate it as reliable as the majority of other posts regarding album/tours for 2015."

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

this happened a year ago today...this is an all time highlight, never gonna top this :)

Thanks for the memories........

Depressed now though!

So Bruce is back in the RDS.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/born-in-the-rds-springsteens-girl-ready-to-go-in-horse-show-30486195.html

Jessica Springsteen, the 22-year-old daughter of legendary US rock star Bruce - who is in Dublin to watch Jessica - will also be taking to the hallowed turf in the RDS as she competes with Team USA.

The RDS is a home from home for her dad who has played sold-out shows there on 11 occasions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

^ Sudden rush of excitement followed by massive deflating of said excitement

:eek::(

10606418_682820608460868_6372137398613794824_n.jpg

Jessica-Springsteen.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is this thread not locked yet its away by its sell by date.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

please don't lock....just change the name!

Did RTE show jessica springsteens performance?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Speak Now

please don't lock....just change the name!

Did RTE show jessica springsteens performance?

Yeah double clear round.

• Advertisement

Yeah double clear round.

did they manage to catch himself in the crowd?

Advertisement