Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Cremated

BangBeater wrote: »
    This question might have been asked somewhere previously on this thread so apologies if so... but can I ask why does Bruce play in the rds when he could sell out Slane or Corke Park twice over?

And what is the capacity of the RDS?

According to the offical site ''The RDS can accommodate up to 35,000 in the Main Arena''...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

regress wrote: »
    Even though sold out it should be no problem getting tickets at face value or less outside concerts or in weeks before

Based on past concerts many of the tickets sold today will be to wannabe touts who have no intention of going. Supply will exceed demand particularly with two concerts on.

There's even a guy about 5 posts up already selling 2 tickets!

Some people buy the max for these things for their friends who may/may not end up wanting to go

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

BangBeater wrote: »
    This question might have been asked somewhere previously on this thread so apologies if so... but can I ask why does Bruce play in the rds when he could sell out Slane or Corke Park twice over?

And what is the capacity of the RDS?

Because he is mates with Peter Aiken (who came across very badly on the news today when defending the prices), who runs Aiken promotions and they appear to only deal with the RDS. MCD are the promoters for gigs in Croker, Slane and Landsdowne.

It really is a shame that he doesn't branch out for at least once and play Croker or Slane. With Croker the prices would be between 60-70- standing and with Slane, tickets would be the same as the RDS but we would be getting a steller lineup of support acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 jungleland86

Having the gig in the RDS is a good for Irish fans because of the relatively small capacity it forces Bruce to do multiple shows to justify coming here.

Also, There are a lot of fans that will go to both of the gigs and while the combined attendance over the two days will be 70,000 - the number of people who actually go will be something like 50,000. Bruce might not fill an 80,000 seater stadium on his own.

While the tickets are expensive, he is the best live act in the world bar none and you'll get 3hrs+ of gold!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Having the gig in the RDS is a good for Irish fans because of the relatively small capacity it forces Bruce to do multiple shows to justify coming here.

Also, There are a lot of fans that will go to both of the gigs and while the combined attendance over the two days will be 70,000 - the number of people who actually go will be something like 50,000. Bruce might not fill an 80,000 seater stadium on his own.

While the tickets are expensive, he is the best live act in the world bar none and you'll get 3hrs+ of gold!

20,000 people will go to both dates????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭grumpygit

just got 2 pitch standing for the 18th so still on sale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

phew! OH was gonna get me tickets as Xmas present, I texted hours ago to see if he'd remembered, just got reply there :) Roll on July!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bringthethunder

I know a few people got tickets for the other shows in europe but i still reckon the RDS is the best place in Europe to see them play, been a smaller venue its easier for die hards to get up close i would rather the RDS than some massive stadium in London or Madrid...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Got tickets for both night. My wonderful brother got up relly early to go wait at a ticketmaster outlet for me. Cannot wait. Last time both night where great but a little extra buzz on the 2nd on but we got into the pit the first night and that was totally amazing

So excited!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭mossie

SB-08 wrote: »
    Because he is mates with Peter Aiken (who came across very badly on the news today when defending the prices), who runs Aiken promotions and they appear to only deal with the RDS. MCD are the promoters for gigs in Croker, Slane and Landsdowne.

It really is a shame that he doesn't branch out for at least once and play Croker or Slane. With Croker the prices would be between 60-70- standing and with Slane, tickets would be the same as the RDS but we would be getting a steller lineup of support acts.

Last time he played Slane there was no support acts, no reason it would be any different if he played it again. He doesn't go for support acts, except where he's appearing as part of a festival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Sweet wrote: »
    Reckon these tickets will be shipped before Christmas? Highly unlikely, right?

If you got them for a present for someone you can print a personalised gift receipt thing on ticketmaster site. it's in the customer service part - you just put in your order number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ecw76

There will be plenty of tickets available for both nights. Neither show is even close to a sell out. Thats why aiken was so tetchy on the radio earlier. Although there are no tickets currently available on ticketmaster for the first night they will be on sale later, closer to the event. It will be easy to pick up a ticket for less than face value in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

What time of the day would one want to start queuing in order to get into the pit on the first night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Because he is mates with Peter Aiken (who came across very badly on the news today when defending the prices),

What else was Aiken saying on the radio? I would have liked to have heard that interview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bringthethunder

What time of the day would one want to start queuing in order to get into the pit on the first night?

Around 3pm done it for me the last time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Bryan4president

darryn wrote: »
    there is no standing for the first night left already, so i would imagine quite high

Actually I just bought a standing ticket for the 1st night about 5 minutes ago, just tried a few times to get a ticket and it worked on the 3rd attempt. Delighted as all the people I know are going on the 1st night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Twilighter

I've got seated tickets for the first night, bit disappointed because I'd rather standing but I'm going with my dad so there's no way he'd queue from 3pm to get to the pit.. Am I aswell to be in seated rather than at the very back of standing??

Deliriously excited btw! I'm 20 and just became a massive BS fan in the last year and a half.. Never imagined I'd make it to a concert!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 BaltimoreJack

Had to use the help of a mate in the IT dept to by-pass the company surf control this morning....was never going to sell out as quickly as other years though. Also have ticket for Manchester & Berlin as there are a few of us heading over... maybe Hyde Park will be on the cards as well....no summer holidays this year!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

Bruce and Landau had a v good relationship with Peters father Jim - I remember a great interview with Jim on RTE radio a few yrs back (Marian Finucane show I think) and he spoke a lot about Bruce. Described in great detail how he got him to play Slane and their subsequent relationship. I also read that Bruce rang Jim the night before before he died. Having listened to interviews with Peter a few times I'm not sure he is the same cut as his dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Had to use the help of a mate in the IT dept to by-pass the company surf control this morning....was never going to sell out as quickly as other years though. Also have ticket for Manchester & Berlin as there are a few of us heading over... maybe Hyde Park will be on the cards as well....no summer holidays this year!:D

Jaysus you sound familiar, did you get tkts for me by any chance as I think I got tkts for you for Manchester.............:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ecw76

They are starting to do the hard sell on the concerts. Two ads for them on tv3 in the last ten minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Standing tickets available for the second date now...wont be able to buy til tomorrow morning/early afternoon, would i get away with it or would they definitely be snapped up by then?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭CapriSunFun

kennyu272 wrote: »
    Second date now on sale.....

Because of you I got great seats for the second date, would have never checked the ticketmaster main page for another date if I hadn't seen this post when I did! Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 jungleland86

darryn wrote: »
    20,000 people will go to both dates????

While the numbers I used are just conjecture, the fact is that almost every fan who travels from outside Ireland for the gig (of which there is a large amount judging by the last few gigs here) will stay for both gigs.

A lot of people who live in Ireland will go to both gigs because no two Springsteen gigs are the same and chances are that the setlist will be entirely different on the 2nd day. The multiple attendee factor is almost certainly considered in the decision to have Bruce playing two midsize shows here as opposed to one in an enormo-dome.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Got seats but I suppose at least we'll be there.

We're glad of them last time when it was raining.

Can anyone remeber, is it easy enough to get into the pitch area if you have seating tickets ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Jaysus you sound familiar, did you get tkts for me by any chance as I think I got tkts for you for Manchester.............:D

and a Bruce related username...I wonder who that could be?

I dont see any sign of surfacing from the remaining one........listening to too much Bruce possibly. I might check the thread about Belfield track, he was quoting boards.ie on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Twilighter wrote: »
    I've got seated tickets for the first night, bit disappointed because I'd rather standing but I'm going with my dad so there's no way he'd queue from 3pm to get to the pit.. Am I aswell to be in seated rather than at the very back of standing??

Deliriously excited btw! I'm 20 and just became a massive BS fan in the last year and a half.. Never imagined I'd make it to a concert!

At the last gig, I showed up at 7 (from Donegal) and somehow got pit passes. Had a terrific view but got soaked, still tho was a brilliant gig. It's according to where you are seated really, somewhere close along the sides is probably better than way at the back. You do right to be excited it's a Bruce gig they are always BRILLIANT!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 fieolsen

If we want to stand as near the stage as possible, is Pitchstanding the option to select at the RDS-Arena in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

fieolsen wrote: »
    If we want to stand as near the stage as possible, is Pitchstanding the option to select at the RDS-Arena in Dublin?

Yes, it is.

Be prepared to queue for a few hours to get pit passes, that is generally the case with Springsteen shows at the RDS.

I was in the general standing area for the first of the two gigs last time and was suffering a bad cold allied to the rain. It was much more difficult to get into the atmosphere of the gigi from way back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 fieolsen

I'd go for Dublin. A Springsteen-concert is a powerfull experience and the best thing is to see him and only him on a night

Advertisement