Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,621 ✭✭✭Speak Now

did they manage to catch himself in the crowd?

Oh they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Is this thread not locked yet its away by its sell by date.

Pease don't, this thread is my favourite thread on boards. As always there will be more shows to discuss eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭interlocked

Is this thread not locked yet its away by its sell by date.

Whoa, whoa back up there bodhrandude...

This thread like the mighty E Street band has bestrode the epic 2012 and 2013 tour like a colossus and now it's beginning to wind up to the 2015 tour.

Don't tell me that it ain't good enough for you:p

Because god dammit we ain't to proud to beg;)

Roll on 2015..........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

i vote to lock - a new thread can always be created

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Its pointless to lock this thread, just change the name to something like "All Things Bruce Springsteen" or "Bruce Springsteen Thread"...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Bruce Springsteen all tours 2012 - 2025.

Grand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Do not lock it, change the name if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

To be honest you guys should be looking for a Bruce forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Son0vagun wrote: »

Loads of bands have their own thread, my vote is don't lock and change the name

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Son0vagun wrote: »

Think that was mooted before and rejected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

DO NOT LOCK THIS THREAD. It is the only think that helps with the Springsteen blues

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Move it to a more appropriate sub-forum at least, jaysus.

Saruwatari wrote: »
    Move it to a more appropriate sub-forum at least, jaysus.

Such as? The tour went on for over two years, and his live work is far more interesting and relevant than his recent albums. When he starts the next your there will be plenty of folks who pits here travelling to see him.

Title should be changed to "Bruce Springsteen All Tour Discussion."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,802 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Such as? The tour went on for over two years, and his live work is far more interesting and relevant than his recent albums. When he starts the next your there will be plenty of folks who pits here travelling to see him.

Title should be changed to "Bruce Springsteen All Tour Discussion."

The music forum? It's gotten to the stage where we're talking about if he was seen in the crowd at his daughters showjumping event and people recording his documentary on tg4, It's no longer a tour thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Croker for two nights

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Croker for two nights

Seems to be the rumour alright. I'll believe it when I see it, between Aitken/MCD and stories about back surgery I'm sceptical.

Edit: Although the Independent is reporting it as a done deal, to be officially announced on Friday.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/music-news/bruce-springsteen-the-boss-is-back-for-this-summers-croke-park-gig-30963050.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

just heard the good news! please god l hope he comes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Certainly unexpected and there havent been any rumours of shows elsewhere. Added to that and the venue being Croker but the indo article seems to have an air of validity to it.

If so, bring it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,819 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Seems to be the rumour alright. I'll believe it when I see it, between Aitken/MCD and stories about back surgery I'm sceptical.

Edit: Although the Independent is reporting it as a done deal, to be officially announced on Friday.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/music-news/bruce-springsteen-the-boss-is-back-for-this-summers-croke-park-gig-30963050.html

"A source has told the Herald"

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

Who's having back surgery, you or Bruce?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,417 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I will be pissed if it's all bull****

The herald said that Rolling Stones would play the aviva last year and that never happend so the bruce news could be untrue

If it is hopefully true will it run like the Kilkenny shows in 2013 with support acts or will it be a standalone show

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

hmm for his last summer gigs the tickets went on sale early December

• Registered Users Posts: 9,802 ✭✭✭hynesie08

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I will be pissed if it's all bull****

The herald said that Rolling Stones would play the aviva last year and that never happend so the bruce news could be untrue

If it is hopefully true will it run like the Kilkenny shows in 2013 with support acts or will it be a standalone show

Bruce shows don't have support, if he's headlining a festival then yeah but this would be a Bruce show.

He could always support himself again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I can't imagine there'd be much support. Croke Park gigs would have an early enough curfew, 10 or 10:30 at the latest.

Bruce may run over that on a point of principal but he'd still be starting, 7/7:30 ish so unless it's a weekend/all day think I don't think there will be any support.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Have there been any rumours of a world tour? I know there is some hardcore Springsteen fans on here, just wondering has anything come up on the BS fansites? They would be a more reliable source than the Independent.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Username2011

Any indication of when these croke park concerts might happen

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Nothing on the main fan sites except reporting what is being said on here and in the Independant. Most say its rubbish but are secretly hopeful. No other tour rumours.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

All very unexpected if true.All I can come up with is, maybe, after last years Garth Brooks debacle Aiken needed someone really sure fire to have in his back pocket to go back to the GAA with and Bruce is doing him a favour (aswell as watching his daughter at the Dublin Horse Show while he's at it)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭yew_tree

I cant see Bruce packing up the stage, equipment, band etc and heading over to Croke Park as a "favour" to Aiken. The fact is there has been zero concrete rumours on any of the fans forums over the past few months except the Rock in Rio Las Vegas one which turned out to be pure bull.

Usually with valid rumours in the past it has been "album and tour date(S), i,e East coast US or European dates. I hope to God it is true but I think it is a load of bull really and some people will be left disappointed by all this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Still more likely to be Ed Sheeran. He has free dates on his tour schedule and no big dates in Ireland but three in Wembley although I hope it is Bruce obviously

Advertisement