Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

yew_tree wrote: »
    I cant see Bruce packing up the stage, equipment, band etc and heading over to Croke Park as a "favour" to Aiken. The fact is there has been zero concrete rumours on any of the fans forums over the past few months except the Rock in Rio Las Vegas one which turned out to be pure bull.

Usually with valid rumours in the past it has been "album and tour date(S), i,e East coast US or European dates. I hope to God it is true but I think it is a load of bull really and some people will be left disappointed by all this.

Thats fair enough yew tree, I'm with you on this.Dont really care HOW its happening so long as it is.Maybe its not.But when I say Bruce may do it as a "favour" I of course also mean that he'd be getting a couple of mill as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭yew_tree

ankaragucu wrote: »
    Thats fair enough yew tree, I'm with you on this.Dont really care HOW its happening so long as it is.Maybe its not.But when I say Bruce may do it as a "favour" I of course also mean that he'd be getting a couple of mill as well!

Yeah I know but they won't be coming over to Europe for one show, they have never done that. Latest I heard is an new Album is in the pipeline but it will be 2016 before we see him over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

The story is on the RTE website now . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Andy Greene of Rolling Stone has tweeted on the subject....
    ''I have definitive word that Bruce Springsteen is not playing Croke Park this summer''

Source: Someone deep in Bruce world.

let that put an end to it.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

The Lord Mayor’s comments come amid fresh rumours that rock-veteran Bruce Springsteen could be set to perform two dates in Croke Park this summer. Meanwhile, 23-year-old singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran is also rumoured to be on the schedule for the GAA stadium’s summer line-up.

“Lessons need to be learned after what happened last year,” said Mr Bourke, adding he had not seen an application for a Bruce Springsteen concert in 2015.

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/lord-mayor-calls-for-protection-of-local-rights-ahead-of-croke-park-gigs-1.2091108

Nail in coffin.

Bloody rags with their clickbait crap.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Tearin It Up

That lord mayor is an ass. If there's anything i learned last year. They can't have an application without selling tickets first.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

nm wrote: »
    The Lord Mayor’s comments come amid fresh rumours that rock-veteran Bruce Springsteen could be set to perform two dates in Croke Park this summer. Meanwhile, 23-year-old singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran is also rumoured to be on the schedule for the GAA stadium’s summer line-up.

“Lessons need to be learned after what happened last year,” said Mr Bourke, adding he had not seen an application for a Bruce Springsteen concert in 2015.

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/lord-mayor-calls-for-protection-of-local-rights-ahead-of-croke-park-gigs-1.2091108

Nail in coffin.

Bloody rags with their clickbait crap.

The application at thsi stage wouldn't state the artist it would just be ' mcd/aiken wish to apply for a concert at 'croke park stadium' on such a date", so He's talking out of his arse In that respect,
    But yes it seems v.unlikely that its Bruce

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

There'll be huge disappointment now if it isn't Bruce.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

Was never going to be Bruce, with the likes of Nils and Jake going out on solo gigs it ruled out the e street band

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

well fcuk that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

would be pretty funny if Springsteen had dumped Aiken and gone with MCD and it was actually true...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

would be pretty funny if Springsteen had dumped Aiken and gone with MCD and it was actually true...

Well, there's room for another court case as Rory's ended too soon today :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

nm wrote: »

The clever web guys at Hot Press forgot to change the title of their earlier story. They updated the body of the page to show the 'no show' content, but the title still reads "BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN REPORTEDLY PLAYING DUBLIN THIS SUMMER - : http://www.hotpress.com/news/Bruce-Springsteen-reportedly-playing-Dublin-this-Summer/13440583.html#sthash.Soo06Xmb.dpuf"

Anyway. it's one night of Ed Sheerin and one night of Coldplay apparently. That'll put manners on the locals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

that's not really an error on their part, you an change the web url to anything as long as the numbers at the end stay the same, eg:
    http://www.hotpress.com/news/Bruce-marries-Little-Steven/13440583.html
    http://www.hotpress.com/news/Rihanna-to-collaborate-with-Bruce/13440583.html

that's not really an error on their part, you an change the web url to anything as long as the numbers at the end stay the same, eg:
    http://www.hotpress.com/news/Bruce-marries-Little-Steven/13440583.html
    http://www.hotpress.com/news/Rihanna-to-collaborate-with-Bruce/13440583.html

It's not the URL I'm talking about. It is the contradictory headline that appears over on the right side - see attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Just after spotting Bruce Springsteen walking down George's Street eating a counter burger!

I think it's back on! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭bren2001

RainyDay wrote: »
    The clever web guys at Hot Press forgot to change the title of their earlier story. They updated the body of the page to show the 'no show' content, but the title still reads "BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN REPORTEDLY PLAYING DUBLIN THIS SUMMER - : http://www.hotpress.com/news/Bruce-Springsteen-reportedly-playing-Dublin-this-Summer/13440583.html#sthash.Soo06Xmb.dpuf"

Anyway. it's one night of Ed Sheerin and one night of Coldplay apparently. That'll put manners on the locals.

Blind speculation or is there any evidence for that? (Not the typical "prove it to me" response. Just wondering did I miss something).

bren2001 wrote: »
    Blind speculation or is there any evidence for that? (Not the typical "prove it to me" response. Just wondering did I miss something).

It's from a generally reliable source. Let's wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭windowcleaner

Excellent piece by Jim Carroll in The Irish Times about what looks to be made-up sources and speculation

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2015/02/11/clickbait-speculation-and-bruce-springsteen-at-croker/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Rumblings of a new tour.....

http://songmango.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 38,417 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

dixiefly wrote: »
    Rumblings of a new tour.....

http://songmango.com/

what a summer euro 2016, the stone roses, a potential Guns n roses reunion and a bruce tour. :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

PTH2009 wrote: »
    what a summer euro 2016, the stone roses, a potential Guns n roses reunion and a bruce tour. :):):)

Absolutely, need to start saving again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Re-issuing the River, wonder what the chances are of a River Album played in full sort of gig. Only ever been done once I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,417 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

reached my springsteen heaven in kilkenny night 1 in 2013 when he they played the Born in the usa album in full (my fav bruce album). The Drive all night performance with Glen Hansard that night was brillent and i will always remember that gig. What a day

Any future dates for me will be meh but exciting at the same time. the man is unreal.

Get him to play Croke Park when ever he tours europe next

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Get him to play Croke Park when ever he tours europe next

With you on Kilkenny, Springsteen disciple here, both nights were magical.

Croker though, I can do without tbh as I hate the place. Maybe they've improved things but every gig I have been to there over the past ten years or so have sounded terrible. The Police and the RHCP especially so.

AC/DC sounded class great at Aviva, so that would be my vote for a Dublin venue. Has Aiken ever promoted a gig at Aviva though? I'll go no matter where he plays mind, just hoping it's not Croker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

With you on Kilkenny, Springsteen disciple here, both nights were magical.

Croker though, I can do without tbh as I hate the place. Maybe they've improved things but every gig I have been to there over the past ten years or so have sounded terrible. The Police and the RHCP especially so.

AC/DC sounded class great at Aviva, so that would be my vote for a Dublin venue. Has Aiken ever promoted a gig at Aviva though? I'll go no matter where he plays mind, just hoping it's not Croker.

MCD use the Aviva for many of its outdoor concerts while Aiken Promotions uses the RDS.

An example is that when The Eagles played two nights in Lansdowne Road on Saturday June 10th and Sunday June 11th 2006, the gigs were promoted by MCD.

That same weekend, Aiken Promotions promoted the Guns N Roses and Metallica gigs in the RDS, on Friday 9th June 2006 and Sunday 11th June 2006.

When The Eagles played the RDS in 2009 and Paul McCartney played there in 2003 and 2010, they were promoted by Aiken Promotions.

Interestingly, both promoters use Croke Park, The Bord Gais Energy Theartre and The 3 Arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dinosaurtommyjr

Hopefully if Bruce plays Ireland in 16 it will be just one big concert somewhere like slane or Croke park, not 4 or 5 concerts like the last good few years, I havent missed him on any of his gigs here since early 90s when first saw him, except in 05 on his solo tour couldn't get a ticket, it runs into too much money with his multiple shows, but still hopes he comes here 4 a gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Hopefully if Bruce plays Ireland in 16 it will be just one big concert somewhere like slane or Croke park, not 4 or 5 concerts like the last good few years, I havent missed him on any of his gigs here since early 90s when first saw him, except in 05 on his solo tour couldn't get a ticket, it runs into too much money with his multiple shows, but still hopes he comes here 4 a gig.

Yes! Let's have a lot less of that thing I've been a fan of for 25 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭La Fenetre

Can't understand why he doesn't do a gig in Slane in the summer, he'd still fill the place twice over.

Advertisement