Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Wooderson

2 or 3 nights in the RDS please Bruce.

Avoid Slane and Croker like the plague.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

La Fenetre wrote: »
    Can't understand why he doesn't do a gig in Slane in the summer, he'd still fill the place twice over.

According to the item about Aiken Promotions on Wikipedia, Aiken promoted The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Queen and David Bowie in Slane.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aiken_Promotions

Since 1992, when Guns N Roses played Slane, any of the gigs at Slane have been promoted by MCD.

As far as I am aware, any of the Bruce Springsteen gigs, in Ireland - in recent years anyway, since 2003 definitely - have been promoted by Aiken Promotions, so I would imagine it is unlikely he'd play Slane.

Anyway Slane can be a pain the ass, depending on wet weather, queues for toilets and food, and on how far beyond the village your bus or car is parked, you could be walking for the guts of an hour, when you add the time getting out of the venue and then walking back through the village, or out the road towards Navan, and then waiting for traffic to move so you can then leave the car and bus parking areas!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Can't understand why he doesn't do a gig in Slane in the summer, he'd still fill the place twice over.

He's too good for Slane.

Slane can be a pain the ass, depending on wet weather, queues for toilets and food, and on how far beyond the village your bus or car is parked, you could be walking for the guts of an hour, when you add the time getting out of the venue and then walking back through the village, or out the road towards Navan, and then waiting for traffic to move so you can then leave the car and bus parking areas!:)

This.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭La Fenetre

I used to enjoy summer concerts in slane, maybe they've gone down hill so

• Advertisement

RDS still the best outdoor location for a Buce gig. Relatively small, great sound (unless it's windy!), place to queue for the pit, spaces for bars etc, nice part of Dublin......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

The Aviva is the best outdoor venue we have I reckon but it'll probably be the RDS again if it happens.
    Whatever though, anything but Slane and im happy

• Registered Users Posts: 45,495 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Seen him a good few times in the RDS.

The thomand park gig surpassed them all for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I used to enjoy summer concerts in slane, maybe they've gone down hill so

I used to be 23.

RoboKlopp wrote: »

Thomand was superb, but do you think it was better than 2012 #2? That show was flawless.

• Advertisement

If we're counting the pre-show you could have a point actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,178 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I'm already way more excited about this possibility then I should be!!!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

RoboKlopp wrote: »

I think the Thomond Park gig in 2013, was the longest of the series of five gigs in Limerick, Cork, Belfast and Kilkenny!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Maybe he'll take a tip from Boner and the lads and do a month long residency at The Point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Wooderson wrote: »
    Thomand was superb, but do you think it was better than 2012 #2? That show was flawless.

2012 2 my first Bruce show.. just flawless..

Having him a stones grow from home in Thomond was amazing.. but 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

2012 both shows for me were fantastic

thomand was the only one i missed last time and i believe it was amazing

Come Back Boss

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Thomond was superb, the entire crowd (way up in the stands) were well up for it, great atmosphere. Would love to see him back there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,819 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Nils is playing gigs until the end of April so can't see where this tour is coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

The Nal wrote: »
    Nils is playing gigs until the end of April so can't see where this tour is coming from.

If anything is going to happen then we will find out at the Saturday Night Live appearance
    http://ultimateclassicrock.com/bruce-springsteen-saturday-night-live/

With the reported success of U2 at the 3 Arena wouldnt it be great to get them to play there though tickets would really be like golddust.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,417 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

dixiefly wrote: »
    If anything is going to happen then we will find out at the Saturday Night Live appearance
    http://ultimateclassicrock.com/bruce-springsteen-saturday-night-live/

With the reported success of U2 at the 3 Arena wouldnt it be great to get them to play there though tickets would really be like golddust.

a few 3arena shows would be class.

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    a few 3arena shows would be class.

Please God no. Horrific venue. The less gigs there the better. Outdoors please! Or solo in Vicar St! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I would take 3arena over the RDS, not a hope of him playing vicar street, though bob dylan did, but there was not a snowballs chance in hell of getting tickets for that.

rubadub wrote: »
    I would take 3arena over the RDS, not a hope of him playing vicar street, though bob dylan did, but there was not a snowballs chance in hell of getting tickets for that.

Nothing better than a nice summer Bruce gig in the RDS! I'm hoping for a solo tour anyway. Where he'd probably play 3Arena alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

http://www.blogitallnight.com/rumors/springsteenrumored2016tourdatesandlocations

Looks like it's a full e-street band tour to celebrate the River box set release.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

please let it be true!! I need a bit of brucie!!

please let it be true!! I need a bit of brucie!!

big doubts the tour will hit ireland or even outside of the us. a summer of Euro 2016 and Bruce would be unreal though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Tg4 this Saturday @11.05pm the ties that promise documentary for anyone interested

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Tg4 this Saturday @11.05pm the ties that promise documentary for anyone interested

I really enjoyed it. Some lovely acoustic versions of the songs. It may be all the Bruce we're getting for some time.

eh i dunno wrote: »

They got their Bruce documentary ttles mixed up but looking at the detail it is 'The Ties that Bind' and not 'The Promise'

They've changed it now, ignore.

• Advertisement

Reading and leeds festivals are annoucning there first headliner in the morning at 8am with the original Guns N Roses being tipped for it (which seems very very unlikly) but i have heard Bruces name being mentioned as the headliner

If this is true a possible Irish date may be on the horizon

Advertisement