Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Ready and willing :)

The 33 attended are in my sig....but then I'm really old :cool:

Top 5 fave shows Nick?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Hi,

Here's another documentary i came across while searching on sky box,

It's on ch 266 newly renamed called Showbiz TV

Info: Digiguide

51361.gifp.gifBruce Springsteen - On the Road
    (Documentary)
    Time - 13:30 to 15:00 (1 hour and 30 minutes long).
    When - Monday 7th December on ShowBiz

For 40 years Bruce Springsteen has influenced fans from all over. With his songs defining more than a generation. This is his inside story.
    It seems it was on in Oct according to this site

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Hi,

Here's another documentary i came across while searching on sky box,

It's on ch 266 newly renamed called Showbiz TV

Info: Digiguide

It seems it was on in Oct according to this site

Saw it. Awful. Avoid.

Wooderson wrote: »
    Top 5 fave shows Nick?

Oooh, difficult one. Ramdomly:

Slane (of course, as the first)
    Wrecking Ball Dublin Night 2
    Tunnel of Love '88 Dublin
    Berlin WB 2012
    Magic Night 3 Dublin 2008 (Sunday) - maybe the best http://www.greasylake.org/setlists_show_multimedia.php?s_venue=&s_city=dublin&s_statecountry=&s_note=&concert_id=2399&ID=2399&s_concert_date=2008-05-25&s_tour=Magic+Tour&concert_date=2008-05-25&venue=RDS&city=Dublin&statecountry=Ireland&login=

Magic #3 and WB Dublin #2 were superb shows agreed. That Sunday in '08 was *raucous* and the show in 12 was just about the most perfectly balanced show he's done here...

Something bout Limerick tho. Of the 15 shows I've seen that's the one I think just might be my fave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,418 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Kilkenny 1 (2013) was the perfect show for me, done my fav album In full ( born In the USA).

Wooderson wrote: »
    Magic #3 and WB Dublin #2 were superb shows agreed. That Sunday in '08 was *raucous* and the show in 12 was just about the most perfectly balanced show he's done here...

Something bout Limerick tho. Of the 15 shows I've seen that's the one I think just might be my fave.

Absolutely.....Thomand was magical just for the pre-show. In the pit looking at this was one of the most perfect moments of any concerts I've been to.....two of my favouite songs back to back acoustic, unreal.

Absolutely.....Thomand was magical just for the pre-show. In the pit looking at this was one of the most perfect moments of any concerts I've been to.....two of my favouite songs back to back acoustic, unreal.

Indeed, Sir. Just an epic show. Pre-show in the baking heat. Memorable gig which sustains me through dark times to this day.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Thomond Park was certainly the best for me. Incredible gig! The sound was loud and clear all night, something you would not get in the RDS!

That version of 41 shots performed in Linerick sent shivers up my spine. Electric!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,819 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Thing about Bruce is that he varies the setlist so much all the gigs are different. Saw him play a "rockier" gig in Stockholm (including all of Darkness on the Edge of Town), a few of the party type Dublin shows were superb. Loved the gig I saw on the Devils and Dust tour. Really serious, announcements before the show telling the audience to turn off phones, no photos, no talking during the show etc.

I'd advise anyone thinking of spending a chunk of cash going to multiple gigs to go travel to see him. Even if it means you see a gig or two less. Saw 2 x Barcelona shows in 2012 and theres no comparison between that and, say, Kilkenny which was the last Irish show I saw. You don't have to queue all day either and you get a weekend away out of it!

Interested to see what setlists he plats on this one though. Hope he shakes it up a bit. Was a bit Bruced out myself towards the end of the last tour. As was Bruce!

Wouldn't make too much of his daughter at the Olympics. Its 2 weeks in mid August. He could easily plan around that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Ready and willing :)

The 33 attended are in my sig....but then I'm really old :cool:

yeah right ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Try 15 nights :pac: - how many saw the last tour here, 180,000?

Of that how many individual attendees I wonder, quite a good few went more than once especially with the staggered timing of the gigs.

dixiefly wrote: »
    yeah right ;)

Well not as old as you :D

imagine a bruce acoustic tour and playing venues such as the Olympia The Marquee etc. I think he did a tour like that in the 1990's but played bigger venues.

An olympia gig would sell out in seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

Just announced that all the new tour shows are going to be full river shows plus favourites.
    Would think if he going to tour Europe in summer on back of this it will only be one show per city

Dero123 wrote: »
    Just announced that all the new tour shows are going to be full river shows plus favourites.
    Would think if he going to tour Europe in summer on back of this it will only be one show per city

True. He could change things of course IF he comes to Europe in the summer. I'm still thinking new album in the autumn and he'l wait til then.

Playing the album at every show should decrease demand in the US for tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I've a reasonable bootleg of Kilkenny night 2 in mp3 format if anyone wants it.

Would love night 1 if its out there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

I've a reasonable bootleg of Kilkenny night 2 in mp3 format if anyone wants it.

Would love night 1 if its out there too.

I would love a copy of this show!
    Bruce was pumped that night!

This is the show with "my love will not let you down" right?

Great track that!!!

Thanks in advance! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Dero123 wrote: »

I see that General Admittance/floor tickets in the Us are $150 plus fees ,pretty steep

I see that General Admittance/floor tickets in the Us are $150 plus fees ,pretty steep

Glad I saw a lot of these big acts before the prices went to crazy town. Absolutely no interest in paying €135 to see anyone. Have much better things to be doing with my cash.

Solo album next though, just confirmed by the Bossman!

• Advertisement

And he's IN the studio, Patti's instagram - short clip of strings: https://www.instagram.com/p/oPaRL-lRCY/

No Irish shows this summer id say now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I would love a copy of this show!
    Bruce was pumped that night!

This is the show with "my love will not let you down" right?

Great track that!!!

Thanks in advance! :)

pm'd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

And he's IN the studio, Patti's instagram - short clip of strings:

That's from last summer.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    No Irish shows this summer id say now.

Looks like a no. We need a solo album and tour asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Anyone have the audio from the Limerick gig by chance?

That's from last summer.

Ah, sorry, so it's before he shelved the Copland project. He couldn't make it work as an album at the time he said.
    He's back on it now tho by the sounds of things though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

The Nal wrote: »
    Glad I saw a lot of these big acts before the prices went to crazy town. Absolutely no interest in paying €135 to see anyone. Have much better things to be doing with my cash.

Solo album next though, just confirmed by the Bossman!

If that's where they are at in the US, it is probably more likely to be €150 or similar here. I love Bruce shows, but really, feck that. It's just too much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭Tsipras

RainyDay wrote: »
    If that's where they are at in the US, it is probably more likely to be €150 or similar here. I love Bruce shows, but really, feck that. It's just too much.

I'd pay double that to see him

Advertisement