Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,819 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

RainyDay wrote: »
    If that's where they are at in the US, it is probably more likely to be €150 or similar here. I love Bruce shows, but really, feck that. It's just too much.

Its completely silly.
    Tsipras wrote: »
    I'd pay double that to see him

You're part of the problem. If people stop paying silly money to see concerts then the acts will stop charging silly money. If Bruce turned up to play to a half empty stadium due to the cost of the ticket do you think the tickets would be cheaper or more expensive next time?

Personally, I'd feel like a complete titbox standing there watching someone whos charged me two weeks worth of grocery shopping to go and see. I wouldn't enjoy it. My cynical radar would be beeping too loud for me to hear the music. Never mind join in and celebrate in being ripped off.

And even if I bagged a cheapo ticket, the fact that I'd be at the same gig as a load of cretins who paid 150 quid + would ruin it for me. Like those poor fúckers at U2 last week who paid 190 quid for nose bleeders.

First time in nearly 20 years of going to Bruce shows I've seen die hard fans saying "I'm not going" due to the price. Fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

The Nal wrote: »
    Its completely silly.

You're part of the problem. If people stop paying silly money to see concerts then the acts will stop charging silly money. If Bruce turned up to play to a half empty stadium due to the cost of the ticket do you think the tickets would be cheaper or more expensive next time?

Personally, I'd feel like a complete titbox standing there watching someone whos charged me two weeks worth of grocery shopping to go and see. I wouldn't enjoy it. My cynical radar would be beeping too loud for me to hear the music. Never mind join in and celebrate in being ripped off.

And even if I bagged a cheapo ticket, the fact that I'd be at the same gig as a load of cretins who paid 150 quid + would ruin it for me. Like those poor fúckers at U2 last week who paid 190 quid for nose bleeders.

First time in nearly 20 years of going to Bruce shows I've seen die hard fans saying "I'm not going" due to the price. Fair play to them.

jaysus do ya want to call over and tell my kids santa isn't real too?

people can spend their money on whatever the feck they want they work for it who are you to call somebody a cretin or any other name for spending their hard earned cash however they please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

people can spend their money on whatever the feck they want they work for it who are you to call somebody a cretin or any other name for spending their hard earned cash however they please

I'd agree with this really, while I HATE any gig going over €80/90 as ticketmaster lump on as well at the end of the day different people have different reasons to go. Some people the only bands they go to see are U2 in some cases or Bruce in others, while, most like myself go to many gigs. I remember going to Hyde Park and spending whatever on the weekend but then skipped the two gigs in Dublin a few days later. Some of my mates went to all the gigs but they go to very few other gigs and the money spent by them is similar to myself overall.

So each to their own but it really is a pi$$er that the music industry go ott like this. I remember when The River came out first, Bruce insisted on it being priced as a single album and it was the cheapest double album on sale. Personally I find it difficult to justify paying €90 for The Ties That Bind as it will become a dust catcher like The Promise, at the same time others I know have bought it and it's a massive deal for them to get this. A re-mastered version of the vinyl would be much more up my street.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,418 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

the remastered album and all of bruces catalogue is on spotify which is only about 12 a month.

I payed 196 for a u2 ticket and i would gladly pay the same for bruce if he played indoors here. The man is going to honor the high price tag i think and will play a brillent show for the tour.

Are you really Bertie Ahern? Christ. We're getting very close to what American gigs are like now. A load of sad old bastards standing their eating popcorn while all the younger people are at home not being able to afford a ticket.

• Advertisement

dixiefly wrote: »
    Some people the only bands they go to see are U2 in some cases or Bruce in others, while, most like myself go to many gigs.
    Thats the issue I suppose. Some have no problem paying it because it might be their only gig of the year, until AC/DC tour again or Garth whatshisname.

I don't go to these big gigs anymore. I've better things to be doing with my cash. Theres nothing special about any of them anyway.

Sad state of affairs when long term fans and people who are less well off are priced out of going to see their band.
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    The man is going to honor the high price tag i think and will play a brillent show for the tour.

No doubt he'll play a great show, as he always does, but theres no honour in 150 quid a ticket. Hes not that good. Either are U2.

People wanting to go to multiple shows (Id usually catch 3-4 a tour) are now going to have to pay 600 quid for 4 shows. Fúcks sake. Genuinely depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

If that's where they are at in the US, it is probably more likely to be €150 or similar here. I love Bruce shows, but really, feck that. It's just too much.

Its 150 dollars for GA and the best seats but there are cheaper seats available for 73-150 dollars,which is relatively low by US standards.

Even at those prices there will still be huge reselling ,sites even had tickets up earlier in the week advertising tickets for huge money despite having no tickets .
    http://www.independent.ie/business/new-york-probes-sale-of-speculative-bruce-springsteen-tickets-on-stubhub-34272492.html

Frankly alot of gigs are getting to the stage where they are not really worth it anymore.
    Bruce isnt the worst by any means in fact he is good at combating touts .

Alot of artists are going in for vip seating areas ,price scalping and just plain rip off prices.
    I was looking at Jeff Lynne of ELO ,his gigs in Manchester are £121 for a decent seat ,that's over 170 euro .
    Madness really.
    Talented guy but he is ripping people off like so many other artists.
    I saw him on TFI Friday last week and he was miming his new song and was about a second out of sync.

No way will I pay these big prices ,I usually just wait till closer to a gig and pick up a ticket for less than face value ,there are nearly always loads floating about .I've yet to fail to get a ticket for a gig I wanted to attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Wooderson

The Nal wrote: »
    Looks like a no. We need a solo album and tour asap.

A cheap ass tickets for you obv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭Tsipras

dixiefly wrote: »
    I'd agree with this really, while I HATE any gig going over €80/90 as ticketmaster lump on as well at the end of the day different people have different reasons to go. Some people the only bands they go to see are U2 in some cases or Bruce in others, while, most like myself go to many gigs.

Ya, I'd pay that kind of money only for Bruce, I wouldn't cross the road to see most big acts.
    Apart from Bruce I only go to local gigs usually in Roisin Dubh if I'm at home..

Tickets are pretty steep for the Us leg with the vast majority of seats 150 dollars plus fees ,~170 dollars in total

Sample seating chart below

Bruce%20Springsteen%20Seating%20Chart.jpg

• Advertisement

Bruce interview here on Backstreets.

Hints that tour might be extended if they are having fun but doent sound as if it would be a significant extension (i.e. another continent)

http://www.backstreets.com/riverinterview.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Got my tickets for Boston and Albany :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Hazys wrote: »
    Got my tickets for Boston and Albany :D

Several tabs open and just sitting on 1 min then going to sold out. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

oleras wrote: »
    Several tabs open and just sitting on 1 min then going to sold out. :(

Opening multiple tabs is dodgy which i learned today.

I had the Boston gig open in one tab and the Albany one in another.

I wanted the Boston gig firstly as I live here and Albany secondly as a bonus, only a 3 hr drive.

So i got the Boston tickets and they were being held for me and i was starting the payment process, so with those tickets in the bag then i hit the button to get in line for Albany tickets, as soon as i clicked, my Boston tickets page throw up an error and i lost my tickets!! I refreshed and it went from Boston to Albany.

I was lucky though, i had my wife also trying to get tickets so she was able to get the Boston tickets and i continued on to get Albany tickets. Although i had better seats for Boston initially but it all worked out in the end.

Whats crazy is that i did the exact same thing in the summer with multiple tabs for NFL games and i had no such problem...Ticketmaster ffs sort it out.

I had the Boston gig open in one tab and the Albany one in another.

I wanted the Boston gig firstly as I live here and Albany secondly as a bonus, only a 3 hr drive.

So i got the Boston tickets and they were being held for me and i was starting the payment process, so with those tickets in the bag then i hit the button to get in line for Albany tickets, as soon as i clicked, my Boston tickets page throw up an error and i lost my tickets!! I refreshed and it went from Boston to Albany.

I was lucky though, i had my wife also trying to get tickets so she was able to get the Boston tickets and i continued on to get Albany tickets. Although i had better seats for Boston initially but it all worked out in the end.

Whats crazy is that i did the exact same thing in the summer with multiple tabs for NFL games and i had no such problem...Ticketmaster ffs sort it out.

Ticketmaster are a horrible company ,the pits.

Anyone buying from outside the US or Canada could not do so on the normal desktop version of Ticketmaster.
    Everytime youd try to buy tickets using "Find Seats for me " the following error "We were unable to process your request" occurred after typing "Security Checkpoint" .
    It only worked on the mobile version of Ticketmaster.com ,which is a complete joke .

Then you have the nonsense of trying to put so many gigs on sale simultaneously when their website and infrastructure clearly isnt up to the task.

Numerous venues were displaying no tickets available 1 minute after going on sale despite the fact that they obviously weren't sold out.

Very few decent seats seemed to be released either today ,a usual Ticketmaster ploy,sell off the crap seats first.

Check Bruce interview E Street radio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lia2zYqeXIw

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭interlocked

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Absolutely.....Thomand was magical just for the pre-show. In the pit looking at this was one of the most perfect moments of any concerts I've been to.....two of my favouite songs back to back acoustic, unreal.

Ahem, that was my sign for Hearts of Stone, I was on the far right hand rail, he sang For You, for Gina, (she was looking for Westside Angel, now that's beyond obscure!), and then he went looking, saw him looking a few times, thought it was past me and then......

I think you owe me either a free consultation or a pint!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Ahem, that was my sign for Hearts of Stone, I was on the far right hand rail, he sang For You, for Gina, (she was looking for Westside Angel, now that's beyond obscure!), and then he went looking, saw him looking a few times, thought it was past me and then......

Pint it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

...Ticketmaster ffs sort it out.

Honestly, stopping people from buying tickets in multiple tabs sounds like a great idea to me.

Honestly, stopping people from buying tickets in multiple tabs sounds like a great idea to me.

How else are you to try and get tickets for several shows that go onsale at the same time ?

• Advertisement

How else are you to try and get tickets for several shows that go onsale at the same time ?

Get in the queue behind others who are less greedy and just buying one at a time. It is entirely reasonable for them to prioritise individual purchasers over bulk purchasers.

Get in the queue behind others who are less greedy and just buying one at a time. It is entirely reasonable for them to prioritise individual purchasers over bulk purchasers.

Yeah, that didnt answer my question.

What has greed got to do with maximizing options ?

Yeah, that didnt answer my question.

What has greed got to do with maximizing options ?

Take a step back, and have a think about it from TicketMaster's point of view, or from the point of view from the audience at large - in fact, from any point of view other than your own narrow point of view - and you'll work it out yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Gina nicked those videos from me!

Fair play on the sign btw. Cheers! That "Hearts of Stone" performance is a Bruce-highlight for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

That performance of Hearts of Stone was incredible.I was at Thomond that day and I remember thinking at the time jaysus, Bruce's voice here sounds AMAZING.

If they wanted to prioritise individual purchasers they wouldnt have a ridiculous ticket limit of 8 per gig .

• Registered Users Posts: 43 SettlePettal

.. (delete plz)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Take a step back, and have a think about it from TicketMaster's point of view, or from the point of view from the audience at large - in fact, from any point of view other than your own narrow point of view - and you'll work it out yourself.

He said different shows.

He said different shows.

No he didn't - he said "get tickets for several shows that go onsale at the same time"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

No he didn't - he said "get tickets for several shows that go onsale at the same time"

Yea, several different shows, that go on sale at the same time.

What's the problem? Are you saying people should only be allowed to go once?

Where do you start your rule from - is it once ever in life, once per tour, once per country - what? Why exactly do you think you should get more rights to a ticket than anyone else, because they went to the show on another night?

None of these silly rules to the general public ticket sales make any real difference anyway, when Ticketmaster and the promoters are touting huge amounts of tickets themselves through their various tout networks. They don't even get released to general sale, which is much much bigger issue then one individual being allowed by 4 tickets instead of 2 or whatever.

Advertisement