Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

This conversation is getting real old real quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Yea, several different shows, that go on sale at the same time.

What's the problem? Are you saying people should only be allowed to go once?
    I think it's fairly obvious what I've been saying - that when tickets are in short supply, it is entirely reasonable for the seller to set their systems up to allow each person to make one transaction at a time, in order to spread out the scarce resource to the widest audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

This reminds me of the conversation by a music fan+Stuart Clarke on The Last Word who went to 6 gigs most recently in Belfast + Dublin & Matt said isn't that too much & back came the reply, that every gig is different, same with all the football matches he also mentioned as not every game is the same?

Anyway, back to the music:

Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon
    20.45 - CNBC ch 505
    Sunday 20th December
    With guest Bruce Springsteen talks about The Ties That Bind

Bruce Springsteen: The Ties That Bind
    23:00- BBC FOUR
    Bruce Springsteen gives an account of the events & aesthetic behind 1980's The River

if anyone missed it recently on TG4

Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band: Live from the River Tour 1980
    23:55 - BBC FOUR
    Concert from Tempe, Arizona featuring tracks from the classic 1980 album The River

Here's the Ties That Bind youtube page

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Well, he's back......Pittsburgh tonight!

bs2016_river.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Periscope rocks!!

Rebel Rebel in a tribute to Bowie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgmhF0XV8uA

dixiefly wrote: »
    dixiefly wrote: »
    Periscope rocks!!

Rebel Rebel in a tribute to Bowie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgmhF0XV8uA

Great audio quality on the persicope recording, and great audio and video quality on the Rebel Rebel recording - the standard has really gone up for fan recordings.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

Croke park June 10 th 11th and 12th should be in everyone's diary but as it's only 2 nights they haven't been finalised yet as to which 2 nights

• Registered Users Posts: 38,418 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

argentum wrote: »
    Croke park June 10 th 11th and 12th should be in everyone's diary but as it's only 2 nights they haven't been finalised yet as to which 2 nights

No match scheduled for croker that weekend, there losing revenue from losing out on the first round Dublin football game and it's the weekend if the euros. I'd guess it will be 10th/11th.

What source did u get it from ??

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

argentum wrote: »

Source?

• Advertisement

A friend of mine who is involved with the media (not IN the media) told me the Euro tour IS happening and Dublin is part of it. He also heard that Croke Park was mooted but didn't believe a word of this, his connections are close to Aiken.

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    A friend of mine who is involved with the media (not IN the media) told me the Euro tour IS happening and Dublin is part of it. He also heard that Croke Park was mooted but didn't believe a word of this, his connections are close to Aiken.

Bar the stone Roses the summer concert season is looking fairly bare so Bruce is needed this summer in Ireland. No sign of Mr Brooks, guns n roses are doubtful to play here this year, acdc are not playing here.

Bruce and the euros this summer brillent

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

Playing the full River album makes no sense in a large stadium setting, especially mid summer. It needs the more intimate atmosphere of an indoor arena.

Will still go though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

Playing the full River album makes no sense in a large stadium setting, especially mid summer. It needs the more intimate atmosphere of an indoor arena.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Hoping to God he'll come... Would make my year

Bruce outdoors doing covers of teletubbie songs would sell out lol. The Irish examiner said a few weeks back Bruce is expected to play the 3arena in 2016.

Hoping to God he'll come... Would make my year

Depending on price- if he goes over e100 per ticket, he can go and ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

Heading to NYC in the morning for the Madison Square Garden gig on Wednesday night. Excitement Overload! Broooooooooooooooooooooooooooce! :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭interlocked

Hope to God it's not Croke park, way way too big for a concert, especially one containing a double album run through.

Rumours about the MEN arena in Manchester sound interesting though.......

Anyway, there's a free MP3 download of last weeks Chicago concert, available on Bruce's website for the next 36 hours or so, as compensation for the cancelled New York concert last night.

http://live.brucespringsteen.net/live-music/0,13586/Bruce-Springsteen---The-E-Street-Band-mp3-flac-download-1-19-2016-United-Center-Chicago-IL.html

That's right, The Price You Pay is zero. good man Bruce!

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

Rock in Rio Lisbon just tweeted about a show on May 19, in Lisbon obviously

https://twitter.com/rockinriolisboa

PS. Can someone please change the title of this thread ?

• Advertisement

Hopefully an Irish date will be announced soon. It will be sad to see him do a Euro tour and leave out us

Slane is possible but wud not suite his audience age group, Croke Park, rds or the aviva would be better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Slane is possible but wud not suite his audience age group, Croke Park, rds or the aviva would be better

I see Rod Stewart has a gig in Kilkenny on June 25th, could see him play there too if they are putting on a series of gigs in Nowlan Park.

I'll be glad with any date in Ireland in all honesty. I can't see them skipping us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

hearing Dublin on 1st of June, Croke Park.. announcement by end of this week..

part of the River tour, but outdoor to accommodate festivals(pinkpop and werchter both rumoured)

no London either, but Manchester and Glasgow.

normally reliable person..

bennyl10 wrote: »

part of the River tour, but outdoor to accommodate festivals(pinkpop and werchter both rumoured)

That's what's on BTX as well...

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    That's what's on BTX as well...

ah..
    could be where my guy got it from, but he's yet to be wrong, at least in my experience

was same person who called Kilkenny and Cardiff last time around with no Dublin so i kinda take him as gospel at this stage when it comes to Bruce..

wouldn't be the the worst to have, hate Croke for gigs personally, but it's better than Slane and at least it's something

bennyl10 wrote: »

A Tuesday evening and Dublin are due to play wexford in the hurling on Sunday 29th May in Croke Park. Don't think it will be that day

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

It's Wednesday and 3 days is loads of time to setup a stage.

adrian522 wrote: »
    It's Wednesday and 3 days is loads of time to setup a stage.

Wednesday my bad sorry . Just the 1 night or will they add a Thursday

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Wednesday my bad sorry . Just the 1 night or will they add a Thursday

Wednesday evening would be fine.. I'd imagine Croke Park would just be one day.. one in there is same as 2 in the RDS

that's all I've heard anyway!! :)

could be v wrong, but just said I'd let ye know:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

A midweek concert in the vast expanse that is Croke Park just after the longest day of the year where it will be bright for most of the gig .
    Not ideal at all.

Advertisement