Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,622 ✭✭✭Speak Now

A midweek concert in the vast expanse that is Croke Park just after the longest day of the year where it will be bright for most of the gig .
    Not ideal at all.

It'll be bright ok but still 3 weeks to the longest day. Sunset 21:43 on the said date.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

Didn't we have the same rumours last year for Croker and it never happened? Even Hotpress confirmed it was happening and it didn't. Hopefully it does go ahead but is a 80,000 seater stadium really suitable venue to do a double album special show? A one off in the O2 would be great but obviously very hard to get tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,802 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Pinkman wrote: »
    Hopefully it does go ahead but is a 80,000 seater stadium really suitable venue to do a double album special show? A one off in the O2 would be great but obviously very hard to get tickets.

This would be my fear as well, how many of the once a year gig crowd will show up for this and get annoyed/loud/drunk/angry when he doesn't play the "hits" until the encore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Didn't we have the same rumours last year for Croker and it never happened? Even Hotpress confirmed it was happening and it didn't.

Yeah that was a massive clusterf**k last year, mainly caused by the promoter not shutting down completely false rumours straight away.

Hotpress should have known better, amateur hour on their end.

The Boss is definitely in Europe this summer so it's looking quite likely he'll play Ireland, I wouldn't count my chickens on Croker just yet but the rumours definitely have more foundation this year and not just complete BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,418 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

lc180 wrote: »
    Yeah that was a massive clusterf**k last year, mainly caused by the promoter not shutting down completely false rumours straight away.

Hotpress should have known better, amateur hour on their end.

The Boss is definitely in Europe this summer so it's looking quite likely he'll play Ireland, I wouldn't count my chickens on Croker just yet but the rumours definitely have more foundation this year and not just complete BS.

it was someone in the evening hearld who said bruce was playing croke park last year.

some rumours of both Dublin and Belfast dates, hopefully there confirmed soon and we can all get our tickets and look forward to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

It'll be bright ok but still 3 weeks to the longest day. Sunset 21:43 on the said date.

Sorry ,my mistake ,I was confusing June 1 with July 1.

So is this European tour going to be a similar setlist to the US River one or will it be a more greatest hits setlist ?

Sorry ,my mistake ,I was confusing June 1 with July 1.

So is this European tour going to be a similar setlist to the US River one or will it be a more greatest hits setlist ?

Looking like a river album setlist with a few classics added.

Nothing to report about an Irish gig yet

There going to announce a tour when all dates are finalized according to someone on btx

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Looking like a river album setlist with a few classics added.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bruce-springsteen/2016/consol-energy-center-pittsburgh-pa-bf3a966.html

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bruce-springsteen/2016/united-center-chicago-il-4bf39fea.html

Yeah, assuming it's following the US tour it will be the River album in full plus a couple of encores banging out some classics

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

If this was a Born in the USA anniversary tour it would make complete sense to do a stadium tour as it's like a Greatest Hits album in itself, but The River has 20 tracks (21 if you include Meet Me In The City which he opens with) and only about three maybe four would be 'hits' that would still get radio play to this day. If he is playing Croker it is obviously because he has said he is only doing a small tour and doesn't want to do more than one night so Aiken picked Croker instead of the RDS. I've no doubt he will sell it out but I can see a lot of casuals moaning at the lack of hits for until over 2 hours into the gig.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well I hope he sticks with the River concept for Europe, I'd probably go either way but I've seen enough "Greatest Hits" type shows over the years and would absolutely love to see this show as its being done in the US.

If this was a Born in the USA anniversary tour it would make complete sense to do a stadium tour as it's like a Greatest Hits album in itself, but The River has 20 tracks (21 if you include Meet Me In The City which he opens with) and only about three maybe four would be 'hits' that would still get radio play to this day. If he is playing Croker it is obviously because he has said he is only doing a small tour and doesn't want to do more than one night so Aiken picked Croker instead of the RDS. I've no doubt he will sell it out but I can see a lot of casuals moaning at the lack of hits for until over 2 hours into the gig.

ah the venom of the irish concert scene. most of them would never of heard of the river album and are only there for the Dancing in the dark, born to run etc. i also hate people talking during the acoustic songs some are die hard fans talking too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Agreed

The current setlist he is playing in the US isn't really suited to large outdoor venues.
    Ideally an indoor tour of Europe would be ideal but the lure of an easy buck for a stadia tour is just too enticing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,802 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Agreed

The current setlist he is playing in the US isn't really suited to large outdoor venues.
    Ideally an indoor tour of Europe would be ideal but the lure of an easy buck for a stadia tour is just too enticing.
    Is it the lure of a quick buck though? I mean I don't doubt that but look at the other options

1 night in the point? Wouldn't fill the demand.

Multiple nights in the point? He did an interview before this tour saying it was gonna be a more select tour, not a 2 year slog like the last couple, so I'd say multiple nights in one venue is out.

Tour Ireland? See above.

So while I'd rather see this show indoors, I can see why he'd go for croker.

Very much doubt this but he might do Croke Park in June and then do a small solo 3arena show in Nov/Dec

Hopefully the Irish date will be confirmed soon so I can start saving

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

Very much doubt this but he might do Croke Park in June and then do a small solo 3arena show in Nov/Dec

Hopefully the Irish date will be confirmed soon so I can start saving

Start saving because it will go on sale very soon after being announced!!

prodsc wrote: »
    Start saving because it will go on sale very soon after being announced!!

Great I think it will sell out straight away but tickets will appear closer to the day. No repeat of Mr Brooks please

Big rumours rock in Lisbon is an exclusive European show

Worrying that there is no Irish press info on a Dublin show where last year the false rumours are were spreading like hot cakes

WHAT?!? Where are these rumours coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Ticket Alarm on Eventim.de:
    Curtain up: Bruce Springsteen und die E Street Band at eventim.de

Kommt der Boss Bruce Springsteen auf seiner "The River"-Tour auch nach Deutschland? Registrieren Sie sich jetzt für den Ticketalarm und Sie werden sofort informiert, sobald Tickets für Bruce Springsteen erhältlich sind!

• Advertisement

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Ticket Alarm on Eventim.de:
    Curtain up: Bruce Springsteen und die E Street Band at eventim.de

Kommt der Boss Bruce Springsteen auf seiner "The River"-Tour auch nach Deutschland? Registrieren Sie sich jetzt für den Ticketalarm und Sie werden sofort informiert, sobald Tickets für Bruce Springsteen erhältlich sind!

Ya das is gut!

from my understanding of that statement from using google translate it states that 'If the Boss Bruce Springsteen on his " The River " tour to Germany ? Register now for the ticket alert and will inform you immediately as soon as tickets for Bruce Springsteen are available !'

its not confirming anything

from my understanding of that statement from using google translate it states that 'If the Boss Bruce Springsteen on his " The River " tour to Germany ? Register now for the ticket alert and will inform you immediately as soon as tickets for Bruce Springsteen are available !'

Yep it doesn't confirm anything but why would a leading ticket seller in Germany tweet something like that if it wasn't on the verge of announcing something?

Doubt they are in the game of trolling their customers for the craic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

True, but this is similar to what they've put up before other tours. We'll see :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Worrying that there is no Irish press info on a Dublin show where last year the false rumours are were spreading like hot cakes

I call BS on that. It's not economically viable for Bruce to bring his merry band of music makers over to Europe for just one show.

JJ wrote: »
    I call BS on that. It's not economically viable for Bruce to bring his merry band of music makers over to Europe for just one show.

It will heartbreaking to be left out hopefully by this time nxt week we will kw something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

JJ wrote: »

Well todays announcement throws dirt in your face.....so far anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

madalig12 wrote: »
    Well todays announcement throws dirt in your face.....so far anyhow.

what announcement?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

New Dates announced...

March 19 -- Los Angeles, CA -- Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena (On Sale Jan. 29, 10 a.m.)
    TBD -- Portland, OR -- Mode Center (On Sale TBD)
    TBD -- Seattle, WA -- KeyArena at Seattle Center (On Sale TBD)
    March 28 -- New York, NY -- Madison Square Garden Arena (Jan. 24 Rescheduled)
    March 31 -- Denver, CO -- Pepsi Center (On Sale Feb. 5, 10 a.m.)
    April 3 -- Oklahoma City, OK -- Chesapeake Energy Arena (On Sale Jan. 30, 10 a.m.)
    April 5 -- Dallas, TX -- American Airlines Center (On Sale Jan. 30, 10 a.m.)
    April 7 -- Kansas City, MO -- Sprint Center (On Sale Feb. 5, 10 a.m.)
    April 10 -- Greensboro, NC -- Greensboro Coliseum (On Sale Feb. 5, 10 a.m.)
    TBD -- Columbus, OH -- Schottenstein Center (On Sale TBD)
    April 14 -- Auburn Hills, MI -- The Palace of Auburn Hills (On Sale Feb. 5, 10 a.m.)
    April 18 -- University Park, PA -- Bryce Jordan Arena (On Sale Feb. 6, 10 a.m.)
    April 20 -- Baltimore, MD -- Royal Farms Arena (On Sale Feb. 5, 10 a.m.)
    April 23 & 25 -- Brooklyn, NY -- Barclays Center (On Sale Jan. 29, 11 a.m.)
    May 19 -- Lisbon, Portugal -- Rock in Rio Lisboa

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/bruce-springsteen-announces-new-leg-of-the-river-tour-20160127#ixzz3yd0MeBGT
    Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

adrian522 wrote: »
    May 19 -- Lisbon, Portugal -- Rock in Rio Lisboa
    First the Web Summit, now the Boss. Has Bruce been hanging out with yer man Cosgrove?

Advertisement