Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,418 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The Lisbon date was announced days ago

No Bruce date on the 1st June anyway in Dublin hotel prices are way too low for a concert to be taking place

Bruce is the difference between a good summer and a great summer for some of us. Hopefully we will have some news next week about a Dublin gig

Apparently a Euro tour annoument on Tuesday. No word is Ireland included

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Apparently a Euro tour annoument on Tuesday. No word is Ireland included

I saw the same report that tomorrow should be the day.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2016/0201/764497-born-in-the-gaa-bruce-springsteen/

christ here we go. A source from the hearld reported it :(:(:(

seen this before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2016/0201/764497-born-in-the-gaa-bruce-springsteen/

christ here we go. A source from the hearld reported it :(:(:(

seen this before

Same stuff being re-hashed.....they trawl the internet like the rest of us.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Wouldn't surprise me to find out this thread was a source for that "news"

• Registered Users Posts: 49 CantonaGod

Announcement of European tour at 2pm today according to Greasy Lake fan site.

CantonaGod wrote: »

Hope Ireland is included. I'd take Croke Park or a gaa club in the aran islands don't care lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

CantonaGod wrote: »
    So, hopefully not much time to wait.

• Advertisement

An Irish date wud be leaked by now and Aiken are very quite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Italian dates have been announced.

Milan July 3rd & Rome July 16th.

These don't match the supposed 'leaked' tour dates from last week so be interesting to see what's what

lc180 wrote: »

These don't match the supposed 'leaked' tour dates from last week so be interesting to see what's what

maybe it wont be croke park after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

lc180 wrote: »

Announced where please?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

I would certainly be leaving the last Friday & Sunday of May free if I was a Boss fan in Ireland. Heard it from several people now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Heard a venue? RDS presumably?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

adrian522 wrote: »

Croke Park is the rumoured venue.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

wardides wrote: »
    I would certainly be leaving the last Friday & Sunday of May free if I was a Boss fan in Ireland. Heard it from several people now.

ANy idea when it will be announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

adrian522 wrote: »

Croker.

Delay in announcement is apparently due to discussions around fixtures already scheduled for that weekend.

• Advertisement

wardides wrote: »

RDS id say

the ROI are playing Holland in a friendly in the aviva on Friday 27th May- there not going to mix bruce fans with soccer fans as it would congest the whole area.

Theres a gaa match on sunday 29th may in Croke Park

Sat and sun shows in the RDS would be the best or even Friday in belfast and saturday in the RDS

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

RDS id say

the ROI are playing Holland in a friendly in the aviva on Friday 27th May- there not going to mix bruce fans with soccer fans as it would congest the whole area.

Theres a gaa match on sunday 29th may in Croke Park

Sat and sun shows in the RDS would be the best or even Friday in belfast and saturday in the RDS

Are ROI not playing Holland in the Aviva?.. surely that would contest the RDS more?...

Doubt we'd get a weekend here.. weekend normally kept for UK..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

My mate who works Croke Park security told me last week it was 27th and 29th of May. Those are the dates.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Are ROI not playing Holland in the Aviva?.. surely that would contest the RDS more?...

Doubt we'd get a weekend here.. weekend normally kept for UK..

meant to say they cant have the friday show in the rds with the soccer on in the aviva. pubs in the ballsbridge area would love that but it would be insane from a crowd control point of view. The match starts at 7.45 with bruce starting at 7.30 approx and the possiblity of the soccer crowd staying around the area to hear the last few songs of bruces set and then the concert crowd will start to exit.

Croke park hotel price has shot up for those dates too...

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Croke park hotel price has shot up for those dates too...

its a bank holiday weekend too.

so the teams that were due to play Croke park on the 29th are being told there not playing

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dinosaurtommyjr

its a bank holiday weekend too.

so the teams that were due to play Croke park on the 29th are being told there not playing

I rang up Aiken earlier today to find out any information, but women told me there was no information of him playing here, so might b just a rumor.

I rang up Aiken earlier today to find out any information, but women told me there was no information of him playing here, so might b just a rumor.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

thats that i suppose

• Advertisement

Aiken will not confirm anything over the phone.....
    Never ever....

Why would they confirm, what will be the major event this summer, by phone, to a random person?...

Christ alive...

Advertisement