Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,802 ✭✭✭hynesie08

PTH2009 wrote: »
    :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

thats that i suppose

Why would Aiken give out information on a gig that hasn't been announced yet? Let's use some logic here.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Aiken will not confirm anything over the phone.....
    Never ever....

Why would they confirm, what will be the major event this summer, by phone, to a random person?...

Christ alive...
    I just rang them there, they said the same but it sounded like your man was winking down the phone, so definitely happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,418 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

hynesie08 wrote: »
    I just rang them there, they said the same but it sounded like your man was winking down the phone, so definitely happening.

2773579803_6cd1a4cdac.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Is this how they will do it ?

leaking a few more dates every couple of weeks ... christ ..

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

I rang up Aiken earlier today to find out any information, but women told me there was no information of him playing here, so might b just a rumor.

brilliant :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

I really can't see him not coming to Ireland when doing the European tour......he knows he has a massive fan base here.....concerts always sell out ASAP....plus there's a bit of Irish in his blood....hes too loyal to leave us out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I really can't see him not coming to Ireland when doing the European tour......he knows he has a massive fan base here.....concerts always sell out ASAP....plus there's a bit of Irish in his blood....hes too loyal to leave us out!

Yeah, we're definitely his favourite audience in the whole wide world.

So, having missed out on NY/NJ, I'm planning on heading to a European gig, what is considered to be the "best" European Springsteen crowd? I'm leaning towards Stockholm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

So, having missed out on NY/NJ, I'm planning on heading to a European gig, what is considered to be the "best" European Springsteen crowd? I'm leaning towards Stockholm.

Barcelona or Milan I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,819 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Saw him in Stockholm in 2013 when he did Darkness on the Edge of Town and it was fantastic. Nightmare to get in and out of the gig though. The Swedes are a fairly physical bunch. The missus got bumped into a few times. Unapologetically. More of a rock crowd really.

Barcelona crowd is superb. And they're a lot more laid back about getting in early, up the front etc.

Haven't been to an Italian gig but may do this time. Always great crowds and the gig he played in Rome in 2013 was just outrageous. Check out this for a setlist. :eek:

Twist & Shout and Shout aside obviously.

• Advertisement

Still no word on a Dublin show ???

Everyone getting too excited with that Joe.ie article and the usual bandwagon crowd jumping aboard.

Wud Aiken be brave enough to put on a Bruce show the same night as an Irish euros game ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Still no word on a Dublin show ???

Everyone getting too excited with that Joe.ie article and the usual bandwagon crowd jumping aboard.

Wud Aiken be brave enough to put on a Bruce show the same night as an Irish euros game ??

Daft if you ask me. Joe.ie has approximately the same journalistic and editorial standards as Lovin' Dublin ffs.

I'm sure all will be revealed soon, but if he's doing a full European tour (as appears likely), he'll be in Ireland. No doubt whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

I don't believe he is doing two nights in Croker. Not that he wouldn't sell them out (he sold 180,000 tickets here on his last tour) but considering the setlist won't be changing much due to 21 songs from The River staying the same each night. I would imagine Aiken wanted the usual two or three nights in the RDS and the only reason they are doing Croker is due to Bruce saying he is only doing one night so they picked the biggest venue to meet demand. Two nights at Croker is ambitious considering they is only two or three big hits from The River album and it may turn off the thousands of fans who go to multiple nights. The encore section will be packed with hits so there won't be many rare material in the gigs.

Due to it being 3 years since he last played here and the fact there are no other big stadium gigs this summer so far I would imagine a Croker gig would sell out within hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

I don't believe he is doing two nights in Croker. Not that he wouldn't sell them out (he sold 180,000 tickets here on his last tour) but considering the setlist won't be changing much due to 21 songs from The River staying the same each night. I would imagine Aiken wanted the usual two or three nights in the RDS and the only reason they are doing Croker is due to Bruce saying he is only doing one night so they picked the biggest venue to meet demand. Two nights at Croker is ambitious considering they is only two or three big hits from The River album and it may turn off the thousands of fans who go to multiple nights. The encore section will be packed with hits so there won't be much rare material in the gigs.

Due to it being 3 years since he last played here and the fact there are no other big stadium gigs this summer so far I would imagine a Croker gig would sell out within hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

So this tour has only tracks from The River ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

He plays the entire River double album every night, plus more tracks besides. Check out setlists on setlist.fm

http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/bruce-springsteen-2bd6dcce.html

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Has the european tour confirmed to be the River tour? If it is people will still buy tickets without realising its the River tour and then end up complaining about the setlist

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well Springsteen.net refers to the "River Tour" for the only 3 European dates so far...

http://brucespringsteen.net/category/live-dates

• Registered Users Posts: 49 CantonaGod

Vienna July 7th is the latest European Date to be strongly rumoured.
    Although it seems a bit odd to be drip feeding in this way.

Less strong are ;

July
    13th Paris
    16th Copenhagen
    18th Helsinki

CantonaGod wrote: »
    Vienna July 7th is the latest European Date to be strongly rumoured.
    Although it seems a bit odd to be drip feeding in this way.

Less strong are ;

July
    13th Paris
    16th Copenhagen
    18th Helsinki

The tour is ending in rome on the 16th July. I imagine a French show will be before/after the euros. 3 dates in Germany rumoured for the end of May which wud mean our rumoured planned dates are wrong.

My guess at a tour wud be

May- portugal/Spain/germany
    June- UK/Ireland/Holland/Belgium/
    July- France/Denmark/Austria/Sweden/Finland/Norway and Italy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

Anyone been to a gig in the San Siro, Milan before?Any idea where you'd get tickets?Italian Ticketmaster?

The tour is ending in rome on the 16th July.

Whats your source on this?

adrian522 wrote: »
    Whats your source on this?

On the Italian promoters page he said Rome is the last date on the tour.

Come on Bruce announce an Irish date I have a life to live lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

After all the rumours for months, the dates that have been verified so far are completely different. As always with Bruce Inc., believe nothing til you see it on .net

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2016/0201/764497-born-in-the-gaa-bruce-springsteen/

updated article which again proves **** all evidence.

i heard wembley and manchester are almost sorted and will be announced by the end of the next week

• Registered Users Posts: 14,853 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Irish Independent just said that the dates are confirmed as May 27th and 28th in Croke Park.
    Possibility of third gig on the 29th if enough demand.
    They seem pretty define in the article as it's the main headline on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

IMG_20160204_WA0001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Aiken just tweeted Ian Dempsey has some VERY exciting summer news this morning :)

Has to be it!!! Fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

Irishshin wrote: »
    Aiken just tweeted Ian Dempsey has some VERY exciting summer news this morning :)

Has to be it!!! Fingers crossed!

Could be Beyonce

There's a rumour of a Croke Park concert as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Def Bruce!!!
    Ian just said he has all the details at 8am

May 27th it sounds like with possibility of 28 & 29 if demand is high
    Matches will be moved or rescheduled

Advertisement