Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Officially May 27th in Croker
    The River tour ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Tickets on sale next Thursday 11th February.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN & THE E STREET BAND CONFIRM RETURN TO IRELAND IN 2016.
    Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band,
    The River Tour,
    Croke Park, Dublin,
    Friday 27 May 2016.
    Tickets on sale Thursday 11 February at 9am!
    On their last visit to Ireland, they played sell out Shows around the country in Limerick, Cork and Belfast before wrapping up their European Tour with 2 nights in Kilkenny.
    Now Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band have confirmed a return to Dublin – last appearing in the city in 2012 - to play for the first time ever at Croke Park.
    For more info on Bruce Springsteen
    www.brucespringsteen.net
    Tickets for Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band at Croke Park on sale Thursday 11 February at 9am from:-
    All Ticketmaster Outlets Nationwide
    24hr Credit Card Bookings:-
    0818 719300 (ROI)
    0844 277 4455 (NI)
    Book on line www.ticketmaster.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Officially May 27th in Croker
    The River tour ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭random_guy

A bit of a shame in my opinion.

Any concert I've ever been to in Croker has had fairly awful sound. I've also noticed huge echos bouncing back from the Nally Stand.
    Grand though if your near the front around the pit area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Any idea of ticket prices? Guessing close to 100

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

No idea of the price yet???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Price is irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

OMG I really want to go to this....but so much planned already with holidays etc...!!! Don't know if all my friends can afford it....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭Tsipras

Woohoo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

"This gun's for hire, even if we're just dancing in Croke Park"

...I'll get me coat! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

so we're to assume this'll be a river show?..

ah the complaint about the set from the irish gig day trippers is going to be hilarious...

"where was born in in the america?"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

so we're to assume this'll be a river show?..

ah the complaint about the set from the irish gig day trippers is going to be hilarious...

"where was born in in the america?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

frash wrote: »
    BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN & THE E STREET BAND CONFIRM RETURN TO IRELAND IN 2016.
    Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band,
    The River Tour,
    Croke Park, Dublin,
    Friday 27 May 2016.
    Tickets on sale Thursday 11 February at 9am!
    On their last visit to Ireland, they played sell out Shows around the country in Limerick, Cork and Belfast before wrapping up their European Tour with 2 nights in Kilkenny.
    Now Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band have confirmed a return to Dublin – last appearing in the city in 2012 - to play for the first time ever at Croke Park.
    For more info on Bruce Springsteen
    www.brucespringsteen.net
    Tickets for Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band at Croke Park on sale Thursday 11 February at 9am from:-
    All Ticketmaster Outlets Nationwide
    24hr Credit Card Bookings:-
    0818 719300 (ROI)
    0844 277 4455 (NI)
    Book on line www.ticketmaster.ie

Great news. As mentioned above, some punters may not take to the River album in it's entirety. I am looking forward to it & hopefully will get tickets. I've seen Darkness and BTR live as a full album show so this will be great.

I wonder if there is a 2nd gig will it be the River album also? if it wasnt they should nearly announce that in advance and let people try for the gig that suits them best. Probably wont happen but they should do that as I'd say a second gig is a nailed on certainty.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

dixiefly wrote: »
    Great news. As mentioned above, some punters may not take to the River album in it's entirety. I am looking forward to it & hopefully will get tickets. I've seen Darkness and BTR live as a full album show so this will be great.

I wonder if there is a 2nd gig will it be the River album also? if it wasnt they should nearly announce that in advance and let people try for the gig that suits them best. Probably wont happen but they should do that as I'd say a second gig is a nailed on certainty.

And a third.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

I knew he wouldn't leave us out! My year is made ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 38,418 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yes yes yes after last year's false rumours and lack of evidence dis year I didn't expect it to happen but **** is real now.

Ticketmaster crash I expect next Thursday.

No repeat of Garth Brooks please. They only unhappy people will be the Wexford,Kildare and dublin county boards/teams as they will have to play a week earlier. The fai won't be happy either but who is going to pay to see 2 under strength teams play a friendly

• Registered Users Posts: 17,996 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Is the Saturday gig definitely happening? Be easier for me to get to but don't want to take chances if it's not

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

Excellent news to have it confirmed. Wonder if there will be support acts given it is such a big venue? Hope he comes out early to do 30 minutes acoustic set like he did last time he was here. Looking at the setlist it appears there is only room to change around 5-6 songs each night due to 21 River tracks and then the essential hits such as Born to Run, Dancing in the dark, Thunder Road, Rosie etc.

Usually I try to go to as many Bruce gigs as I can but if only 5 or so songs are going to be changing each night I am not sure now. It will be great to hear The River in full (i've already heard BITUSA and BTR in full) but we are used to him changing up to 20 songs from night to night so it always seems like a totally different show.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

Pinkman wrote: »
    Excellent news to have it confirmed. Wonder if there will be support acts given it is such a big venue? Hope he comes out early to do 30 minutes acoustic set like he did last time he was here. Looking at the setlist it appears there is only room to change around 5-6 songs each night due to 21 River tracks and then the essential hits such as Born to Run, Dancing in the dark, Thunder Road, Rosie etc.

Usually I try to go to as many Bruce gigs as I can but if only 5 or so songs are going to be changing each night I am not sure now. It will be great to hear The River in full (i've already heard BITUSA and BTR in full) but we are used to him changing up to 20 songs from night to night so it always seems like a totally different show.

Saw him in Madison Square Garden last Wednesday :D. Absolutely incredible. The Full River album and then another 11 songs. Show is c 3hrs 15mins + so there will be no support i'd imagine. http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bruce-springsteen/2016/madison-square-garden-new-york-ny-3bf3f0cc.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

YES!!!!!

Works out perfectly for me, cos i wanted to come home for that UCL final weekend anyway !!!

I do not want to be in Barcelona for that weekend !!!

YEEEAAAHHHHHHHH THE BOSS!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,802 ✭✭✭hynesie08

See yiz in the pit!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,615 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Do you think he will do a 2nd or 3rd gig and any idea on ticket prices yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Any idea of ticket prices? Guessing close to 100

Irish TImes suggests €65 for seated, €100-ish for standing, up to €131 for something unspecified

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/bruce-springsteen-to-play-croke-park-in-may-1.2522291

Is it usual to pay more for standing?

I wouldn't assume at all that there will be a 2nd or 3rd gig. 1 x Croker = 3 x RDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

RainyDay wrote: »
    Irish TImes suggests €65 for seated, €100-ish for standing, up to €131 for something unspecified

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/bruce-springsteen-to-play-croke-park-in-may-1.2522291

Is it usual to pay more for standing?

I'd imagine its seating "From €65" which will be a seat somewhere on the North Circular road, for a decent seat where you can actually see/hear I would guess it will be closer to the standing price or the mysterious €131

It is a truck load of money though :(

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Do you think he will do a 2nd or 3rd gig and any idea on ticket prices yet?

Newstalk just said that if there is demand he will do a second night on the 29th..

which means that will be the best , always the last gig of a city is the best one with Bruce.

endabob1 wrote: »
    I'd imagine its seating "From €65" which will be a seat somewhere on the North Circular road, for a decent seat where you can actually see/hear I would guess it will be closer to the standing price or the mysterious €131

It is a truck load of money though :(

Yeah , its a bit annoying , Bruce goes on about the working man and corporate greed and he charges a looot for his tickets.

mind you, 3+ hours is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Newstalk just said that if there is demand he will do a second night on the 29th..

which means that will be the best , always the last gig of a city is the best one with Bruce.

I've been told the only dates officially penned in are the Friday & Sunday night. Nothing mentioned about the Saturday.

wardides wrote: »
    I've been told the only dates officially penned in are the Friday & Sunday night. Nothing mentioned about the Saturday.

Yep, Sunday 29th :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Yeah , its a bit annoying , Bruce goes on about the working man and corporate greed and he charges a looot for his tickets.

mind you, 3+ hours is worth it.

"DO YOU THINK THIS IS A FREE RIDE???

IF YOU WANNA PLAY - YOU'VE GOTTA PAY!!!"

:D

Advertisement