Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

There won't be a sat gig. For a few reasons or he wouldn't sell out the three and mainly he is not fit for three in a row and has not done so in ages

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Boss time!!!!!! Cannot wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

endabob1 wrote: »
    I would guess it will be closer to the standing price or the mysterious €131

It is a truck load of money though :(
    and don't forget service fees which will be another €6.85 per ticket if ordering online.

bruceticket.jpg?w=423&h=215

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Yeah , its a bit annoying , Bruce goes on about the working man and corporate greed and he charges a looot for his tickets.

mind you, 3+ hours is worth it.

3+ hours AND a band of maybe 12-15 excellent musicians, a lot more than most acts.

Under €100 is reasonable - anything over that is too much for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Anyone hear rumours of a Barcelona gig ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

RainyDay wrote: »
    a band of maybe 12-15 excellent musicians

Nope, this is the river tour
    No E-Street Choir, No E-Street horns, No E-Street Orchestra

Just the basic band and one or two others

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Interesting if he is doing multiple nights I'd say he will definitely mix up the set lists. So far on this tour he hasn't done multiple nights anywhere so we may see a different format in Europe, or something slightly different format for a second night in the same city (if that even happens).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just booked the Clarence Hotel for my parents for the weekend. Was the cheapest i could find

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Yeah , its a bit annoying , Bruce goes on about the working man and corporate greed and he charges a looot for his tickets.

His tickets in the US for the tour are very expensive .
    175 dollars for most seats in venues including nosebleeds behind the stage in some venues.
    Even with those huge prices ,the scalpers are still making big money in the main markets like New York,New Jersey,Philadelphia and Boston.
    So much for the working man.

Concerts prices are out of control now .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Republic Of Ireland Vs Holland on in the Aviva on May 27th too

A busy city that night

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

The Master wrote: »
    Nope, this is the river tour
    No E-Street Choir, No E-Street horns, No E-Street Orchestra

Just the basic band and one or two others

I'm seeing 10 here

but you get my point - this isn't a drums/bass/2 x guitars combo - it's a big band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

RainyDay wrote: »
    I'm seeing 10 here

but you get my point - this isn't a drums/bass/2 x guitars combo - it's a big band.

My God ... a few months ago I posted "Im all Bruced out" .... how DARE I !!! :D:D .... cant bloody wait ..

• Registered Users Posts: 38,418 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

yll7p.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭Tsipras

Do ye think It'll be difficult to get tickets for the Italian or Lisbon gigs?
    Anybody hear any word of UK gigs (where I'm living)
    I'm thinking it might be good craic to see him play abroad I've only seen him in Ireland before.. Or do both obviously if finances stretch to that

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

98 quid for standing ticket. 65, 116, and 131 for seats.

Ticket prices for Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band were revealed this evening.
    They are priced at €65.45, €116 or €131 for seating and €98.50 for standing tickets.
    Tickets will be limited to six per person. They will be available at all Ticketmaster outlets nationwide and online.

€131 euro for a seat is a joke.
    It wasn't much more than that on the US leg and those gigs were indoors.
    I also dont think a setlist of The River and 10 other hits will go down too well in a stadium .

Ticket prices for Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band were revealed this evening.
    They are priced at €65.45, €116 or €131 for seating and €98.50 for standing tickets.
    Tickets will be limited to six per person. They will be available at all Ticketmaster outlets nationwide and online.

€131 euro for a seat is a joke.
    It wasn't much more than that on the US leg and those gigs were indoors.
    I also dont think a setlist of The River and 10 other hits will go down too well in a stadium .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

eh i dunno wrote: »
    98 quid for standing ticket. 65, 116, and 131 for seats.
    Around the same as Nowlan Park in 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 86,615 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Just booked the Clarence Hotel for my parents for the weekend. Was the cheapest i could find

The hostel prices are sky high even dearer than hotels in dorm room

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The hostel prices are sky high even dearer than hotels in dorm room

Might throw my place up on air bnb in that case :D

• Advertisement

are 131 tickets premium level tickets. If not i imagine they will be
    Blocks 335-330 Hogan Lower
    Blocks 302-307 Cusack Lower
    Blocks 735-730 Hogan Upper
    Blocks 702-707 Cusack Upper
    Possibly the davin upper will be 131.

other sections will vary from 65 to 116 range. the lowest price will be the Davin lower id say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Would love to go but sadly money isn't spare as a lot on this year so apologises Bruce, I can't make it :(.

Always thought though that if anyone could make Croker really rock, its him & E Street. Been at a couple of gigs there and its a lifeless place due to a lot of far weather fans and the poor sound quality so it will be interesting to see how the River goes down by the canal.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jimd2

Ridiculous pricing for a big stadium like that. Hard to justify a standing ticket at that price with Ticketmaster add ons even if you get a pit place.

this could be the last e street tour for a while with bruce suggesting that he going solo for the next while.

i can see it this way

a new solo album will be released before xmas 2016 and he will do a few small solo shows.

2017- solo us arena tour followed by solo arena shows in the europe and other places.

2018- year off touring

2019- Possible E Street tour celebrating the 35th Anniversary of BITU

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

jimd2 wrote: »
    Ridiculous pricing for a big stadium like that. Hard to justify a standing ticket at that price with Ticketmaster add ons even if you get a pit place.

Well i did hear that Croker is down €1/2 Million from last year, that's probably why, paying for the prawn sandwich brigade!

I see that Easons have got a licence to sell tickets as well, maybe not as dear v online?

Also did i hear there's an Ireland game on same nite?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Soccer, yep, vs Holland, in the Aviva.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

The Clarence?How much?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭MrSkinny

Anyone hear rumours of a Barcelona gig ?

Rumour is he'll play in San Sebastián on 15 or 17 May, Barcelona on 21 May and Madrid in June.

Source (in Spanish):
    www. diariovasco.com/culturas/201601/29/springsteen-volvera-anoeta-mayo-20160129004008-v.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Well i did hear that Croker is down €1/2 Million from last year, that's probably why, paying for the prawn sandwich brigade!

I see that Easons have got a licence to sell tickets as well, maybe not as dear v online?

The artist sets the price.

Ireland v Holland in the Aviva the same night yeah, town will be hoppin' afterwards!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

sasta le wrote: »
    The Clarence?How much?

450 which is still expensive

Advertisement