Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

450 which is still expensive

For how many rooms? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

I booked free cancellation rooms for the 29th when the rumours hit. Dunno whether to hold out on buying 27th ticks or wait for 2nd gig to go on sale.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

frash wrote: »
    For how many rooms? :eek:

1 for 2 nights

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

I have seen Springsteen many times now, >10 times I'd say, and 2 of those outside Ireland. He always does a good show but I'd like to go to a place where the chances of having nice weather are significantly better than here.

I saw U2 in croke park a few years back and thought the atmosphere was pretty poor in such a big wide open cavernous stadium. The Aviva would have been a better venue I think.

Anyway I'll see if i can go see him abroad. But if my tickets come through for the euros then I'll have to give Bruce a miss this time, although the setlist suits me a lot more on the current tour than previous ones. Would love to see this tour indoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,419 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

i paid 100 each which included ticketmaster fees for Cork 2013 and Kilkenny 1 2013. so were paying 37.10 extra for a seat in Croke Park and i suppose they will add 1 euro facility fee on top of that. not the worst but would rather it be cheaper.

What tickets are people going to go for ?? 3 seated tickets located in blocks 335/334 or 302/303 would suite me or similar sections front row in the upper tier.

speaking of the cork show in 2013 does anyone remember the death trap gettting out of the old greyhound track behind the stadium. thank god the place is getting rebuilt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

Flying to cardiff on the 27th to see the Manics in Swansea on the 28th back in Dublin on the sunday evening..... feeling a bit torn.... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Msrebeckyxo

Hi all, little bit confused with prices!
    I always thought the standing tickets were cheaper
    What tickets will be 65 euros then is it the lower tiers or the top tiers?
    Ridiculous amount of money but we're trying to get some for our parents :(

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

Bruce has adance with an 88 year old woman from county Sligo in Toronto

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

Stevie was impressed!

Great video!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

PTH2009 wrote: »
    What tickets are people going to go for ?? 3 seated tickets located in blocks 335/334 or 302/303 would suite me or similar sections front row in the upper tier.
    Seats? Just leave the thread now and go think about what you've done....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Hi all, little bit confused with prices!
    What tickets will be 65 euros(

Depending on how the stage will be set
    The €65 tickets could be on the hill with the band's back to you.
    Remember this is The River Tour it's been indoors so far.
    Plus there's day gap between shows at least .
    No way we're getting 3 nights on the trot like some are suggesting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

The Master wrote: »

I imagine the stage will be the same aS his past few..

If Ed Sheeran prices are anything to go by, the 65 will be right beside the stage, giving you a side profile of hand and stage view..

• Registered Users Posts: 38,419 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The Master wrote: »

The stage will be infront of hill 16 blocking it so tickets will not be sold for there. There will be a few sections of the stands closed because of restricted views and all that.

There may be only a handful of 65.45 tickets available and most seats will be priced at 131. I imagine the 116 tickets will be in the Davin stand and the last few rows of the upper Hogan and cusack stands.

Scared I won't get any tickets as both will sell out fast. Remember when acdc played the Aviva people were saying it would not sell out and it sold out in under 5 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dinosaurtommyjr

What time does people think u would want to Q to b sure of getting tickets, usually when Im Queueing up for his tickets I'm always there the night b4 they go on sale to b sure of getting them, but with croke park been a bigger than usual venue for a Springsteen gig mighten need to q for as long. Im thinking of going to his shows, maybe a 3rd show if he announces it on Thursday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The stage will be infront of hill 16 blocking it so tickets will not be sold for there. There will be a few sections of the stands closed because of restricted views and all that.

There may be only a handful of 65.45 tickets available and most seats will be priced at 131. I imagine the 116 tickets will be in the Davin stand and the last few rows of the upper Hogan and cusack stands.

Scared I won't get any tickets as both will sell out fast. Remember when acdc played the Aviva people were saying it would not sell out and it sold out in under 5 mins

When will we know ticket pricing?
    As was just looking at the price of my ticket from 18/07/12
    €86+€6.10
    , it was worth the money, but €100 or up is too much.

Thanks Laros, i see there's a recent concert there in that clip 1/31/16 Newark, NJ
    & i see someone has put up the audio from same as well, will have a look at it tomoro.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

When will we know ticket pricing?
    As was just looking at the price of my ticket from 18/07/12
    €86+€6.10
    , it was worth the money, but €100 or up is too much.

Thanks Laros, i see there's a recent concert there in that clip 1/31/16 Newark, NJ
    & i see someone has put up the audio from same as well, will have a look at it tomoro.

Ticket prices for Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band were revealed this evening.
    They are priced at €65.45, €116 or €131 for seating and €98.50 for standing tickets.
    Tickets will be limited to six per person. They will be available at all Ticketmaster outlets nationwide and online.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

clickhere wrote: »
    Ticket prices for Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band were revealed this evening.
    They are priced at €65.45, €116 or €131 for seating and €98.50 for standing tickets.
    Tickets will be limited to six per person. They will be available at all Ticketmaster outlets nationwide and online.

Thanks, i just came across it by accident on the Indo

I wonder what are the chances of trying to get it online or i maybe near an Eason's that day, get it there as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,819 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

98.50 to listen to a 35 year old album. Fcuk me.

Bruce getting very close to "the line" on this one. In a lot of ways Id like to see the place half empty as a result. Im 50/50 about going at all.

Fans being very upset that they cant afford to go to the show is very offputting.

The Nal wrote: »
    98.50 to listen to a 35 year old album. **** me.

Bruce getting very close to "the line" on this one. In a lot of ways Id like to see the place half empty as a result. Im 50/50 about going at all.

Dont go then. If you are gonna go and complain just dont bother.

madalig12 wrote: »

Just bend over and take it?

• Advertisement

Just bend over and take it?

No. Just let others enjoy it. If you dont want to spend that kinda money then dont. Just dont bother other peoples enjoyment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

madalig12 wrote: »

Pathetic attitude. I love Springsteen. I love seeing him live and believe that given the length and quality of shows, he'll still give you more value for your money than pretty much any other artist out there. I will inevitably go and see him when he comes here to Barcelona and charges similar prices.

But refusing to acknowledge that the prices are obscene really is sad and pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭Tsipras

Pathetic attitude. I love Springsteen. I love seeing him live and believe that given the length and quality of shows, he'll still give you more value for your money than pretty much any other artist out there. I will inevitably go and see him when he comes here to Barcelona and charges similar prices.

But refusing to acknowledge that the prices are obscene really is sad and pathetic.

You're entitled to your opinion of course and if you think the prices are obscene fair enough but it's a matter of perspective surely?

I bet for a lot of people (including myself) Bruce will be the only act that they pay big money to see this year, and will sacrifice other stuff to see him.

It's the price of a couple of nights out on the town!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 bm92

There's no doubt it pushing the limit on expenses but I think it's worth it. Then again I did queue for like five days in Limerick for it so I may be biased :P

Kelly Travel are offering buses to and from venue now also ! kellytravel.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 44 bm92

There's no doubt it pushing the limit on expenses but I think it's worth it. Then again I did queue for like five days in Limerick for it so I may be biased :P

Kelly Travel are offering buses to and from venue now also ! kellytravel.ie/

Tsipras wrote: »

I bet for a lot of people (including myself) Bruce will be the only act that they pay big money to see this year, and will sacrifice other stuff to see him.

And theres the problem. Its not the case for me. I go to a lot of gigs and this "ah sure I only go to one gig a year, Ill pay whatever" attitude inflates the market. As U2 did.

Pricing his fans out of going to see him is complete bull****. Thousands and thousands of people cant afford the ticket price.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I still think it represents value, if he plays 2 nights I'll go to both. I'd prefer the price to be cheaper but compared to other gigs this represents value given that Springsteen will play twice as long as a lot of acts.

Also the fact that the album is 35 years old is completely irrelevant, I'd pay more to hear a great album from 40 years ago than to hear a more recent album thats not great (which is the case with most albums released recently).

A lot of these songs won't have had an airing in 30 years prior to this tour and personally I've only heard 3 or 4 of the river songs live so am really looking forward to it.

Out of interest what do people think would be a fair price "To hear a 35 year old album" ?

adrian522 wrote: »
    I still think it represents value, if he plays 2 nights I'll go to both. I'd prefer the price to be cheaper but compared to other gigs this represents value given that Springsteen will play twice as long as a lot of acts.

Value? Are you high? I've been to loads of long shows before. Twice as long is pushing it aswell. But some of the better Bruce shows I've been to have been the shorter ones. 3 hour mark.

Wilco are playing Dublin. Seen them do close to 3 hours before. They're a far more relevant band and are charging 50 quid. And look at this for a setlist.

Also the fact that the album is 35 years old is completely irrelevant, I'd pay more to hear a great album from 40 years ago than to hear a more recent album thats not great (which is the case with most albums released recently).

A lot of these songs won't have had an airing in 30 years prior to this tour and personally I've only heard 3 or 4 of the river songs live so am really looking forward to it.

I'm not really a heritage act fan. Seeing them just roll out the hits. Doesn't really do it for me. The best Springsteen shows I've seen are ones where he had "something to say" as the folk phrase goes. Kilkenny for example was quite flat. Full album shows are a bit pants. Barcelona 2012 both nights were great as we didn't get an album. Although I did love seeing Darkness in Stockholm.

This tour has also delayed the solo album which is a bit ****. It stinks of putting the creative juices back in the bottle for a quick bit of cash.
    Out of interest what do people think would be a fair price "To hear a 35 year old album" ?

Not 100 quid. For a stadium show. Vicar St or something then fair enough.

Ill repeat, pricing fans out of the shows is very off-putting. Singing about working class people, a lot of whom can't afford to go to the show.

Roll on the solo album. That will be interesting.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Again, Out of interest what do people think would be a fair price "To hear a 35 year old album" ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

98.50 to listen to a 35 year old album.

I actually love album concerts, but is anyone else a bit disappointed it's The River? It'd be about my 5th favourite Springsteen album.

Advertisement