Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

No, not all. Last tour he did album shows of 3 separate albums. As I said above a lot of the songs from the river very rarely get played, most of Born in the USA and Born to Run get played quite regularly.

I would have liked to see the full album of Darkness on the edge of town, which he did on the last tour but not on any of the nights I saw him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,853 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

adrian522 wrote: »
    Again, Out of interest what do people think would be a fair price "To hear a 35 year old album" ?

Considering he is playing a stadium of 80,000 people and his stage and setup is extremely basic I'd consider a price of 75-85 euro for a ticket to be fair.
    That's a 6-7m euro take per night .

2 nights in Croke Park he'd gross considerably more than he did in the first 5 gigs of the US tour ,11m euro ,which visited the strongholds of Pittsburgh, Chicago, New York City, Washington, D.C. and New Jersey.

Bruce and his promoters have really hiked up the prices on this tour .
    Its a bit rich coming from a guy who likes to go on about the working man .
    Charging 175$ to sit in a nosebleed behind the stage on the Us leg ,pure greed,however they have pushed the tickets to the levels that they think they will maximise revenue because if they dont get the extra money scalpers will as evidenced by the huge resale market for the gigs in cities like New York,Boston,New Jersey etc.
    Its a vicious circle now ,concert prices are increasing year on year,huge inflation.
    People with money to burn will buy tickets .

No doubt the Irish media will hype up the gigs and get the public into a frenzy for next Thursday.
    I hope they inform Joe Public that he wont be playing Born in the USA and most of his hits .

• Registered Users Posts: 38,419 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Got the citywest hotel for the Friday night for 3 of us 144 with my 3plus roomex discount . Bit far out but it will do. Now to get 3 tickets

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

What was the price in 2012 or 2013, it hasn't gone up that much.

From my emails in 2013 it was 192 for 2 tickets, 2012 it was 92 for one ticket.

I don't think its realistic to expect prices to drop 20 or 30 in the space of a couple of years. It's not much of an increase on previous tours to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jimd2

Tickets for general admission (pitch) should be no more than €80. Remember that most people on the pitch wont be in the pit so that is the price they are paying. Also prices out in the corners of the stadium where (reportedly) sound is poor should be no more than €50.

• Advertisement

People on here are in dreamland, seriously if you think the prices are too much don't go, if enough people agree then the prices will come down.

Simple supply and demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

If you think the ticket prices are too high then don't buy it. Better chance for the real fans to get tickets then so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Got the citywest hotel for the Friday night for 3 of us 144 with my 3plus roomex discount . Bit far out but it will do. Now to get 3 tickets

Luas will get you 90% of the way there and back. Walk from O'Connell St or Connolly Station to Croker.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,853 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I don't think its realistic to expect prices to drop 20 or 30 in the space of a couple of years. It's not much of an increase on previous tours to be honest.

He wasnt playing an 80,000 seater venue back then though ,the venues he played were half or 1/3 of the capacity .
    His gross would be far less .

He could have left it at 90 euro for a ticket this time ,any more is price gouging.
    I dont like the way ticket prices are going ,we are heading back to the Celtic Tiger ,rip off republic days .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

T-Maxx wrote: »
    If you think the ticket prices are too high then don't buy it. Better chance for the real fans to get tickets then so.

I'm not sure if this is an attempt to troll or just an awful attitude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

People on here are in dreamland, seriously if you think the prices are too much don't go, if enough people agree then the prices will come down.

Simple supply and demand.
    It's not quite as simple as simple supply and demand when the supply is fixed and the demand is high.
    T-Maxx wrote: »
    Because only those who don't question the ticket prices are real fans. Because only those who can afford the tickets are real fans. Because real fans deserve a better chance than you poor bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Pathetic attitude. I love Springsteen. I love seeing him live and believe that given the length and quality of shows, he'll still give you more value for your money than pretty much any other artist out there. I will inevitably go and see him when he comes here to Barcelona and charges similar prices.

But refusing to acknowledge that the prices are obscene really is sad and pathetic.

How exactly is around 30 euro an hour obscene?
    My attitude was far from pathetic. I was advising that someone else would be helping other peoples enjoyment of an event, if rather than spending what they consider to be too much and complaining at the gig itself, that they just keep their money. A win win.
    I previously did not give an opinion on whether I thought the cost was too high or not.
    Sad is going on a forum an calling names.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

As was just looking at the price of my ticket from 18/07/12 @ RDS
    €86+€6.10 Ticketmaster,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Don't forget the US dollar is now about 15-20% stronger against the Euro than in 2012 - this will inevitably have a knock on effect and increase Springsteen's fee. Also I would be surprised if he had any say in what the tickets cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

As was just looking at the price of my ticket from 18/07/12 @ RDS
    €86+€6.10 Ticketmaster,

Ticketmaster price advertised ha# started to include the fee recently, so it's only a small increase..

Now too bad really!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,819 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Ormus wrote: »
    I actually love album concerts, but is anyone else a bit disappointed it's The River? It'd be about my 5th favourite Springsteen album.

My 6th I think. 7th if Im in a Devils & Dust mood.

In no particular order

Greetings
    Wild, Innocent
    Born to Run
    Darkness
    USA
    Nebraska
    River

Theres a lot of crap on the River. I real think the stadium shows could be a bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 hmw

where are the different priced seats? can't see it explained on ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ts_editor

Don't forget the US dollar is now about 15-20% stronger against the Euro than in 2012 - this will inevitably have a knock on effect and increase Springsteen's fee. Also I would be surprised if he had any say in what the tickets cost.
    You've rather contadicted yourself there.
    Artist fee is the biggest cost for any gig. So yes, Bruce does have a say in ticket price.

So no chance of Bruce or any artist doing a tour free of charge for the love of music. I Guess the artist fees pays the bands, crew and the staging ??

is the provisional date for the second croke park show deff Sunday 29th May ???.

booked the citywest for that night with free cancellation just in case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Ticketmaster price advertised ha# started to include the fee recently, so it's only a small increase..

Now too bad really!

& it's worse if someone was block booking for 6 it's €6.10 each instead of for one block purchase :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

ts_editor wrote: »
    You've rather contadicted yourself there.
    Artist fee is the biggest cost for any gig. So yes, Bruce does have a say in ticket price.

Actually for this gig, the cost of renting Croke Park might actually be bigger.

And he doesn't directly set the price. Sure, his fee influences the cost, but no doubt he sets his fee in USD and doesn't really care (or know) what that is in Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

Actually for this gig, the cost of renting Croke Park might actually be bigger.

Why do you think that?

And he doesn't directly set the price. Sure, his fee influences the cost, but no doubt he sets his fee in USD and doesn't really care (or know) what that is in Euro.

That's not usually how it works, unless it's a festival show(eg. Glastonbury) which CP is not!

!!

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

A couple of comments.
    The ticket price is expensive.Any more so than most other big gigs in Ireland?No.You may aswell criticize them ALL on price.
    As Bruce's shows can never be described as short or lacklustre, you're getting better value for money than most artists shows.
    Finally (and I hate to bring it up, but) I find it incredible that people who have a problem paying €100 to see Springsteen DONT have a problem paying 2 and 3 times for their water!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭Tsipras

Which Italian gig would you have a preference for - Milan or Rome?
    Thinking of going to one and Milan tickets on sale tomorrow.
    Initial thought was Circus Maximus in Rome sounds very cool and Rome is great, been there a couple of times, but never been to Milan (or anywhere in Northern Italy) so might be a good chance to see it.

Have to make out my budget tonight to see if I can afford it.. been putting off doing this as will be too gutted if I can't afford it!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

ankaragucu wrote: »
    I hate to bring it up
    Yeah, fcuking sure you do :rolleyes:

If buying online the prices will hav 6.85 service charge each so will be

98.50 6.85 105.35 (standing)
    65.45 6.85 72.30
    116.00 6.85 122.85
    131.00 6.85 137.85

EDIT: checking ticketmaster tickets are being charged 6.10 max for service charge at checkout, but their own T&Cs on the site are saying 6.85
    so

98.50 6.10 104.60
    65.45 6.10 71.55
    116.00 6.10 122.10
    131.00 6.10 137.10

• Registered Users Posts: 12,819 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Tsipras wrote: »
    Initial thought was Circus Maximus in Rome sounds very cool and Rome is great, been there a couple of times, but never been to Milan (or anywhere in Northern Italy) so might be a good chance to see it.

Have to make out my budget tonight to see if I can afford it.. been putting off doing this as will be too gutted if I can't afford it!

Milan is ok. Nothing particularly special about it apart from the cathedral. And the food and wine obviously! Oh and Caravaggio's Supper at Emmaus in the Brera gallery. Raphaels Marriage of the Virgin and Mantegna's Lamentation of Christ are there too. Three game changers. Stunning to sit there and look at. 400-500 years old, in the flesh.

But I much prefer Rome.

Flights for both Milan and Rome are very pricey at the minute.
    rubadub wrote: »
    Yeah, fcuking sure you do :rolleyes:

If buying online the prices will hav 6.85 service charge each so will be

98.50 6.85 105.35 (standing)
    65.45 6.85 72.30
    116.00 6.85 122.85
    131.00 6.85 137.85

72.30 for the cheap seats. In a fcuking stadium.

The rip off era is back. Bryan Ferry charging 85 quid for his Olympia gig. And hes a complete cúnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭_Lola_

Tsipras wrote: »

Milan. Always been a special place for Bruce. Going there myself. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Milan is a great Springsteen venue. The city is a bit industrial and **** but as pointed out, the Duomo is nice. The San Siro is a dump but works for concerts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

ankaragucu wrote: »
    A couple of comments.
    The ticket price is expensive.Any more so than most other big gigs in Ireland?No.You may aswell criticize them ALL on price.
    As Bruce's shows can never be described as short or lacklustre, you're getting better value for money than most artists shows.
    Finally (and I hate to bring it up, but) I find it incredible that people who have a problem paying €100 to see Springsteen DONT have a problem paying 2 and 3 times for their water!!!

Well then why did you bring it up?:confused:

Absolutely nothing to do with a music thread. If you dont want to pay for water then that is your business. Dont start criticising me or others here who have paid. Just go and hold up the city centre traffic or whatever you do to protest but stay away from a music thread.

Advertisement