Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

So given the Beyonce news I take it there is no way he is doing a third gig despite it being widely reported? I would love it if he played Darkness in full the second night instead of The River. It's going to be very odd being at a Bruce gig knowing knowing most of the setlist. One of the best things about his shows is the unpredictability and the fan requests. I can't wait to hear Drive All Night live though.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,419 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Pinkman wrote: »
    So given the Beyonce news I take it there is no way he is doing a third gig despite it being widely reported? I would love it if he played Darkness in full the second night instead of The River. It's going to be very odd being at a Bruce gig knowing knowing most of the setlist. One of the best things about his shows is the unpredictability and the fan requests. I can't wait to hear Drive All Night live though.

going to take a lot to beat this in croke park. will always remember this :o:o:o What a day it was

• Registered Users Posts: 12,819 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I can't wait to hear Drive All Night live though.

Me too. And Stolen Car. And Independence Day.

The problem is that we have to sit through Sherry Darling, Jackson Cage, Crush on You, You Can Look But You Better Not Touch, I Wanna Marry You, Cadillac Ranch and I'm a Rocker etc to hear the good stuff. And by the looks of the setlists, an 8 minute version of Shout at the end aswell. :confused:

I'm really not sure how Joe Spudmuncher down the back of the stadium will react to a 90 minute album in full that they only know 2-3 tunes from. A genuine worry.

The Nal wrote: »
    Me too. And Stolen Car. And Independence Day.

The problem is that we have to sit through Sherry Darling, Jackson Cage, Crush on You, You Can Look But You Better Not Touch, I Wanna Marry You, Cadillac Ranch and I'm a Rocker etc to hear the good stuff. And by the looks of the setlists, an 8 minute version of Shout at the end aswell. :confused:
    he seems to have done away with the 2nd encore which was just bruce and his guitar normally it was Thunder Road

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Everlong1

The Nal wrote: »
    I'm really not sure how Joe Spudmuncher down the back of the stadium will react to a 90 minute album in full that they only know 2-3 tunes from. A genuine worry.

Which is why we have the pit. :D

I see Brilliant Disguise on some of the more recent setlists - fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,819 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Everlong1 wrote: »
    Which is why we have the pit. :D

I see Brilliant Disguise on some of the more recent setlists - fantastic.

haha yeah true. On both counts.

On that note - what are we thinking latest arrival to get into the pit? And will they do what they did in the RDS last time? Give the bands out at 3pm ish so we can piss off to the pub for the afternoon?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,615 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'd prefer 3 Bruce dates than 1 Beyoncé, does you think he will do Sat or Sun extra date?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dinosaurtommyjr

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'd prefer 3 Bruce dates than 1 Beyoncé, does you think he will do Sat or Sun extra date?
    No defo not playing the 3 , he mighten even play 2 nites, depends how the Friday sells first it's the only official date yet, a guy from Aiken was on pat kenny Friday said only 2 is the limit he's going to play, I'm going to the 2 shows if he announces a 2nd one, I was at his 5 irish shows 3 years ago, and saw him in coventry, the river is a classic album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

The rep from Aiken said that if a second gig is going ahead, there will be a day between them and that the Sunday has been provisionally booked. Seems odd that Saturday would be bypassed entirely, but that seems to be the running line at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

The rep from Aiken said that if a second gig is going ahead, there will be a day between them and that the Sunday has been provisionally booked. Seems odd that Saturday would be bypassed entirely, but that seems to be the running line at the minute.

Very few if any back to back gigs for Bruce anymore.....He's nearly 67 ffs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

Dr. Nick wrote: »

Ya no back to backs in the US arena tour in the same city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Pffffffft.

He's in better shape than ever :P

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Has anybody heard of artists letting the same stage setup out to another act? like Springsteen does the friday and sunday and someone else does the saturday. Would be more cost effective.

I know Springsteen does not usually have support but it could work well for some band with support, where the support act could possibly headline the second night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

prodsc wrote: »
    Ya no back to backs in the US arena tour in the same city.

Remember Hyde Park 2009 when he couldn't get back up the steps during Out in the Street?

'Get me an elevator, I'm ****in' 60!' :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭interlocked

Milano sold out, GA's gone within a few minutes.

San Siro will be bouncing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

PTH2009 wrote: »
    is the provisional date for the second croke park show deff Sunday 29th May ???.

booked the citywest for that night with free cancellation just in case

Although nothing is definite until announced I'm told that the second date will deffo be the Sunday IF he plays a second date.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

Any idea how to go about sourcing tickets for Milan now???
    Is there an Italian version of ads.ie or suchlike?

There'll probably be drops of tickets in the next few months on the ticketone website.

Keep an eye on Backstreets or Greasy Lake, you'll usually find tickets from fans popping up there, I picked a few up there on the WB tour.

I wouldn't panic to be honest, main thing would be to source a good price on a hotel (and flight) as soon as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

What's a residents presale? Do any residents not want to attend?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,996 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Went in to pre order with local ticketmaster agent. One of the staff said 75 tickets were upper davin other said the nally. Anyone know for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭_Lola_

Not quite. I bought mine after 45 minutes long battle with the F5 button. :D

And long after that the GA's would appear but it was impossible to get in.

Drained.
    Milano, ci vediamo. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

paulie21 wrote: »
    Went in to pre order with local ticketmaster agent. One of the staff said 75 tickets were upper davin other said the nally. Anyone know for sure

Never heard of preordering with TM!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,802 ✭✭✭hynesie08

prodsc wrote: »

Never heard of preordering with TM!!

There's still a few small independent record shops that get physical tickets delivered, and they sort out regulars. Sound cellar in Dublin is the last one in Dublin i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭villa2008

Anybody have a code for the residents presale and maybe not using it, please PM code.

villa2008 wrote: »
    Anybody have a code for the residents presale and maybe not using it, please PM code.

Take a code too if any spares going.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Its not a code, its an email with a link & password.

600 tickets; mixture of seated & standing. From 7am tomorrow. Limited to 2 per household.

Nice to see they're finally looking after us/trying to avoid another GB :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭villa2008

cson wrote: »

600 tickets; mixture of seated & standing. From 7am tomorrow. Limited to 2 per household.

Yeah, only right the local residents get the option to buy tickets first.

Again if anybody is not using the tickets I'd appreciate the link / password to avoid the madness on Thursday at 9am.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭Tsipras

cson wrote: »

I'd love if a concert was on next door to me no worries about transport/accommodation.. I lived above a pub for a year before they never gave me free pints for having to listen to drunken antics every night

Advertisement