Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

TripleAce wrote: »
    got my tickets for the 18th but I really would like to go on the 17th as well....will more tickets be sold later?

Sometimes more tickets are released closer to the date as some do be held back until the stage design is completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭mccarte2

Anyone ever been to a concert in Barcelona? Would you recommend seeing him there as am not around Dublin for the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭michaelduignan

mccarte2 wrote: »
    Anyone ever been to a concert in Barcelona? Would you recommend seeing him there as am not around Dublin for the summer.
    I have seen him in the nou camp in Barcelona in 08 and rds in 09. Barcelona was miles better. He was unbelievable. Came on stage when it was pitch black too which added to the atmosphere! Loads of Irish in the crowd there! It's on in the Olympic stadium this time though. Only downside was after the gig. It finished around 12.30 in the morning and it was impossible to find a bus/taxi back to the hotel. Not nice walking around a strange city at night! Still didn't take away from an amazing night.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭mark182

Bruce joined Gaslight Anthem on stage for 'American Slang' in Asbury Park last night. Looks like he's all set to rock next year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭mark182

Just some Professional Footage of the previously posted video. As posted by Gaslight Anthem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

mark182 wrote: »
    Just some Professional Footage of the previously posted video. As posted by Gaslight Anthem

I'm not gonna lie, I thought that sounded a bit sloppy. A cool video though.

He sounds great on these recent videos.

I'm so excited for these gigs watching the videos. Even just by the crowds reaction when he starts singing this

Ticket arrived in the post this morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

I'm sure this is very old, but it was the first time I saw it
    also tickets came in the post :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQzpefkdPl0&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

I have 2 pitch standing tickets for the 18th and am looking to swap for the 17th.If anyone is interested please send me a PM.

• Advertisement

Whiplash85 wrote: »
    I have 2 pitch standing tickets for the 18th and am looking to swap for the 17th.If anyone is interested please send me a PM.

try http://toutless.com/
    good luck

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Anyone notice one their ticket it doesnt say "Aiken Promotions Proudly Present" on the ticket? Just has a gap and then Bruce Springsteen

Anyone notice one their ticket it doesnt say "Aiken Promotions Proudly Present" on the ticket? Just has a gap and then Bruce Springsteen

yea that was a strange one

I never noticed that as was just excited to see the ticket arrive so quickly. Aiken couldn't be honest and say they are proud to be ripping us off so said nothing at all :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Unquiet Nights

I saw him at RDS and didn't think the sound was that bad as long as you get centralism and not past the halfway line or so. Would rather see him there than Croke or Slane. Springsteen has never overly liked playing to large drunken festival crowds, which Slane is more like. People who don't as a whole know his songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

nialldinho wrote: »
    just got 2 tickets for barcelona! the spanish ticketmaster site put me in the queue at 9.13 and i only finished the transaction now. so 4 hours 20 mins waiting online! makes our ticketmaster service look efficient! except i suppose we'd never get a ticket after that long here!

Really was the most frustrating queue I was ever in. 2nd night was a synch compared to the first. Was so pleased to be getting a second gig in Barcelona. Camp Nou last time was amazing so hoping for more of the same this time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18 BornToRun75

how do u get into the pit for the rds gig? i went to see bruce in 09 there and queued for hours to get up close but when i got in i wasnt allowed in the pit cos i didnt have a wristband! anyone know where to get these wristbands or how long i would have to queue to get up close?

I was in the pit in 08 and 08 and both times received pit passes in the queue. In 08 it was dry so we queued for about 2 hours but only queued for an hour in 09 as the weather was dire. Weather will determine how long I queue this year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 BornToRun75

musicmania wrote: »
    I was in the pit in 08 and 08 and both times received pit passes in the queue. In 08 it was dry so we queued for about 2 hours but only queued for an hour in 09 as the weather was dire. Weather will determine how long I queue this year!!
    Where did u get the pit passes? Did u get up close for the concerts?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

I got the wristbands for 09
    Joined the queue on the Bewleys side of the RDS
    Didn't get close to the stage, the weather was so bad, once we had wristbands we went away to get warm and dry for a while.
    The pit was MASSIVE though! Much bigger than the Jovi gigs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Going to my first Springsteen gig on the 18th :) Just curious, what's the deal to get Pit Passes? heard of people queing in a car park or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Just curious, what's the deal to get Pit Passes? heard of people queing in a car park or something?

You que at the gate and the first 5,000 people roughly (depending on how big the pit is) get a wristband to get into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

You que at the gate and the first 5,000 people roughly (depending on how big the pit is) get a wristband to get into it.

Saw people say that at other Springsteen gigs(2009) and at Bon Jovi, Aiken didn't work it that way at the RDS.. they had people line up separately if they wanted to get into pit..

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Saw people say that at other Springsteen gigs(2009) and at Bon Jovi, Aiken didn't work it that way at the RDS.. they had people line up separately if they wanted to get into pit..

Bon Jovi is different, You need to be paying big bucks for the pit there.

I think it's possibley only some ques that get pit passes for Bruce. I qued up for hours in 09 and didn't get any passes. :mad:

Announcing WRECKING BALL -- new album coming March 6. Hear "We Take Care Of Our Own" now with lyrics and get more album info with pre-order details at www.brucespringsteen.net.

Really liking the new track!!! :) It's similar to some stuff from Magic. I was worried after reading the rolling stone artical about the new album being 'wild'. Can't wait for the 6th of March release!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 RadioNowhere

Bruce announced the 1st leg of his US tour today and "The E Street Band's members are: Roy Bittan - piano, synthesizer; Nils Lofgren - guitar, vocals; Patti Scialfa - guitar, vocals; Garry Tallent - bass guitar; Stevie Van Zandt - guitar, vocals; and Max Weinberg - drums; with Soozie Tyrell - violin, guitar, vocals and Charlie Giordano - keyboards." (taken from his website)

No word on a replacement sax player yet, although SVZ claimed there will definately be a replacement for Clarence as much of Bruce's music is centered around the sax!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

No word on a replacement sax player yet, although SVZ claimed there will definately be a replacement for Clarence as much of Bruce's music is centered around the sax!

I read somewhere that it may possibly be Alto Reed.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

A few names being thrown around. Guess we will have to wait and see. Whoever it is it won't be the same

• Advertisement

Bruce Springsteen Announces Additional Musicians for 2012 ‘Wrecking Ball’ World Tour

The expanded line up for this Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band tour features singers Cindy Mizelle and Curtis King, trombonist Clark Gayton and trumpeter Curt Ramm, all of whom have toured with Bruce Springsteen in the past along with newcomer Barry Danielian on trumpet. E Street stalwart Eddie Manion and first time tour member Jake Clemons, will share the saxophone role.

Advertisement