Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

I'm at home sick and totally forgot this was today at 9am :( Spent the last hour trying to get ANYTHING. Got 5 in the Upper Hogan for the sunday.

Where is the best place to try to swap for standing tickets?
    Fcuking bollox to the touts and bandwagoners.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,819 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

mojesius wrote: »
    I'm at home sick and totally forgot this was today at 9am :( Spent the last hour trying to get ANYTHING. Got 5 in the Upper Hogan for the sunday.

Where is the best place to try to swap for standing tickets?
    Fcuking bollox to the touts and bandwagoners.

www.toutless.com

• Registered Users Posts: 15,440 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I still see single seated tickets available for the Friday, despite media reporting the gig completely sold out!

Also, still loads available for Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭muggles

Did anyone else have difficulty with the Captcha on Ticketmaster? I was using Chrome and it was next to impossible read. The more I entered the incorrect letters, the worse it got (which is probably what it is set up to do??).

I opened up Explorer and got "cream and sugar" in letters as clear as crystal.

I also phoned Ticketmaster in the meantime and found their recordings to be a heap of mumbo jumbo as well.:confused::o

I did however manage to get tickets after all that!!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I got 2 standing for Friday at 9.33 and 2 standing for Sunday just after 10 .
    Was in the queue for ages and had given up on Friday so was surprised to get 2.

Its getting to the stage now where a scarecrow could nearly sell out Croke Park there are so many bandwagoners .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Zardoz wrote: »
    Its getting to the stage now where a scarecrow could nearly sell out Croke Park there are so many bandwagoners .

I laughed out loud😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Was a bit late getting in the queue. Twice I've gotten through and offered 2 tickets for Canal Upper for €245.

I declined both times, who the hell sets these prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,819 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Not really pointed out that hes doing the entire album on TM. Or on the ad after the news last night.

The Nal wrote: »
    Not really pointed out that hes doing the entire album on TM. Or on the ad after the news last night.

but he usually plays for 3 hours or so no?

so that would still leave 2 hours or so for everything else??

Anyone complains about that then **** them. Don't spend €100 if you don't even know what you're going to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,615 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Has both days sold out

I got tickets for Sunday :D

Had multiple tabs open in Chrome and, after a while, opened one in Explorer out of boredom. Explorer came through. Is there some preference for that browser or was I shooting myself in the foot by opening six tabs in Chrome?

Seems there are still tickets for upper Hogan stand - although they come with a vertigo warning!

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

muggles wrote: »
    Did anyone else have difficulty with the Captcha on Ticketmaster? I was using Chrome and it was next to impossible read. The more I entered the incorrect letters, the worse it got (which is probably what it is set up to do??).

I also phoned Ticketmaster in the meantime and found their recordings to be a heap of mumbo jumbo as well.:confused::o

It was ridiculous, I thought it was only me but checked for tickets later again and it was grand s you said above, simple things like good morning or gadda gadda, the ones earlier you couldn't make out at all!!!!

There's over 20 songs on The River

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I wonder is there anything to read into the Saturday being left vacant?
    Could there be a smaller event happening elsewhere on that date perhaps?

Any chance a 3rd date being announced?

(one can hope and dream).

There are going to be alot of puzzled people when they find out he isn't playing most of his hits.
    Then again most of them will be off their heads on grog so probably wont even notice.

Its mind boggling that more people will see him in Dublin than Philadelphia,Chicago,New Jersey,Boston,DC and Madison Square Garden,NYC combined.
    $$$$$$$$

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

SickBoy wrote: »

Rest day. He is nearly 70 you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Waggaboo

SickBoy wrote: »

I'd say it's more to do with the fact that he's 66, will play 3 hours plus of high energy stuff and will likely need a lie-down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

madalig12 wrote: »
    Rest day. He is nearly 70 you know!

Hes only 66, still plenty of life and another good tour left in him ;)

• Advertisement

There are still a few tickets for both days available on TM, they are up in the stars but still some available for anyone interested.

Nearly 70 and buff!

19d910017bb1b9eb38f625ab93536a29.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭perrier

On the tour so far you get the full River album followed by a hour of hits at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭_Lola_

Madness on the edge of town. :D

Got my Milano tickets. Wasn't even trying to buy anything today. :p

perrier wrote: »
    On the tour so far you get the full River album followed by a hour of hits at the end.

That'll do me :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Had a slight mare, panic attack when entering my card details. Entered my Debit Card, didn't seem to go through, so tried the credit card, after a few more clicks, then entered to security number, asked which cars it was for.

Seemed even though I already had a TM account, i had no payment methods saved, and it was getting me to update them. Thought I had the tickets lost by that point.

Phew.

How strict are Croker about the pitch? I remember at Bruce at RDS a few years ago, several friends had seating tickets and were able to come onto the pitch no bother. I assume Croke Park is a different ball game, but last gig I was there at was U2 years ago.

Where are people buying the tickets for Milan / Lisbon and the European dates from?

perrier wrote: »

Yeah its around 12 songs after the River which is 21 songs.
    No Born in the US though ,that will surely have to be incorporated for Dublin.
    Any chance a 3rd date being announced?

(one can hope and dream).

None I'm afraid.
    Croke Park only has a licence for 3 gigs a year and Beyonce is using the 3rd slot.
    Her tickets go onsale Monday and they should be snapped up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

muggles wrote: »

Yes muggles, I was using a laptop and Chrome and I couldnt read it. Even tried the audio and couldnt make it out either. Got in using my ancient PC.

Advertisement