Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,996 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Zardoz wrote: »
    Its getting to the stage now where a scarecrow could nearly sell out Croke Park there are so many bandwagoners .

One did. 5 times over.

small-2001_SCARECROW_Album_cover_sq-min.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

mojesius wrote: »
    How strict are Croker about the pitch? I remember at Bruce at RDS a few years ago, several friends had seating tickets and were able to come onto the pitch no bother. I assume Croke Park is a different ball game, but last gig I was there at was U2 years ago.

Reckon they will be pretty strict for health and safety reasons, certain capacity for the pitch etc. For Nowlan park even early when the people were just arriving, from what a noticed they wouldn't let people with pitch standing tickets walk down the stand and hop the barrier, they had to go behind stand to the correct entrance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Both gigs sold out now.

Let's start a campaign for five nights at Croker? I don't see what could go wrong!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

JIdontknow wrote: »
    Reckon they will be pretty strict for health and safety reasons, certain capacity for the pitch etc. For Nowlan park even early when the people were just arriving, from what a noticed they wouldn't let people with pitch standing tickets walk down the stand and hop the barrier, they had to go behind stand to the correct entrance.

Yeah true :(
    Loads of standing tickets on seatwave now for 175 euro (excluding their mammoth booking fee). :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Queued up online before 9am for lower Cusack or Hogan, wait went from 8 minutes to 16, back to 9 etc, 25 minutes later got offered upper 725 tickets, I declined... Website on phone keeps refreshing and then going back to selection screen. Don't give up lads there's two Upper 725 seats still on Ticketmaster!

Same here, then almost had pitch standing & for some reason i got knocked out :mad::mad::mad:
    RHunce wrote: »
    Looked for pitch tickets, they offered two for the upper Davin stand instead, didn't take them, disappointed.

I thought too far away

Seve OB wrote: »
    Stick with it folks. My own laptop broke the other day so i was all over tha place!

Had phone app and tablet going. Not a hope. Only spotted sunday went on sale at 9.45 or so. Got wifes laptop up and running. Maybe 15 mins in que and got 4 standing on ipad, then as i was checking out spotted 4 on the app and then 4 on her laptop.

Lucky my checkout went smoothly as i hadnt logged in on ipad and its touchy at best of times.

When i seen verified by visa..... I was petrified..... But it worked.... Thank f.

So there is hope folks

Best of luck, im off to work now, dead late but happy out

big_show wrote: »
    Got 6 for Sunday, so that's the gang sorted, I'm didn't know people who search for 6 are at a disadvantage? A lad at work here searched for two AFTER I put in a search for 6 and he got his first.

Also AIB need to fcuk off with their verification I could have done without the extra password to remember.

I used to get stuck on that page, but if you have the password remembered for other log-ins, you can just click on it, but i forgot the Ad blocker, as it was I'm stuck on that page for ages, as it said for the last 20m,

"We are currently..."

I went in again & got the same thing & got Sunday Upp Hogan Stand Upp 733, i suppose a lot cheaper than the €133 i had waiting!

At least i'm going & only artist worth the price

Only Davin Stand left now

Btw: What's this i see at bottom of page?
    Special Offer
    Your purchase is complete
    Click here to claim your €10 cash back
    voucher on your next Ticketmaster purchase!

For people who have tickets but not what they want, don't panic. Over the next few months people will be looking for different things, situations will change etc so you may be able to swap. Let the chaos settle down first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

• Registered Users Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Both gigs sold out now.

There are still tickets available on ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

There are still tickets available on ticketmaster.

Yeah but it's sold out, in a 'not actually sold out' kind of way.

• Advertisement

Tickets still available on ticketmaster, just saw 1 for Sunday- lower 331 row K on which would be on half way and a decent ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭littlevillage

That'll do me :D:D:D:D:D:D

Checkout

setlist.fm .... has the setlist from the US leg of the River Tour (going on at the moment)

http://www.setlist.fm/search?query=bruce+springsteen&year=2016

As pointed out its the full River Album plus about 10 of his crowd pleasers.

Noticeably he seems to have dropped 'Born in the USA' from the setlist but there's still some great stiff in there

Should still be epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Just had a wee snoop on Adverts, Gumtree etc to see what things were like. Tout ****s out in force already.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Wow, logged on for friday sold out app crashed. Been very busy so just saw on boards (thanks everybody) Sunday gig. Went hmm when are they going on sale.
    log into website (phone works well i find)there it is on sale!! Really wanted stand yoke dials for i would say 5 minutes (i just clicked i am not a robot) and boom there it was 2 tickets. Clicked confirm and got them, unreal. Missed out on a good few gigs in last year.Last epic gig in dublin for me was tom petty. So very content, going to stay outside dublin (her indoors no problem driving) hotels are really ripping the piss though supply and demand i suppose....

Tickets still available on ticketmaster, just saw 1 for Sunday- lower 331 row K on which would be on half way and a decent ticket.

Same here:

Sec LOW325 Row FF, Seats 17 €131.00 ea

HOGAN STAND - LOWER TIER,

• Registered Users Posts: 5 john wesley harding

Just got 2 stand tickets for Sunday so don't give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    I thought those websites only allowed tickets to be sold at face value otherwise the ad is removed fairly quickly? Just had a look on Adverts there and all the tickets are being advertised at face value?

Most of those ads with people selling at face value are scammers I'd imagine
    Hardly any feedback .
    I'd always be wary of anyone willing to sell a ticket so soon for face value.

I thought those websites only allowed tickets to be sold at face value otherwise the ad is removed fairly quickly? Just had a look on Adverts there and all the tickets are being advertised at face value?

I saw one with tickets at 275 with a face value of 245.

In theory the websites work like that (adverts at least) but I guess there'll always be something slipping through the cracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

For people asking there is absolutely no chance you will get on to the pitch unless you have a standing ticket.

Just had a wee snoop on Adverts, Gumtree etc to see what things were like. Tout ****s out in force already.

It was only listening to TodayFM, that i knew there was a second concert & one of the staff had tweeted it for €600 :mad:

Although what crazy captchas were these, i didn't see them thank god!

Aiken promotions say it's sold out now, although maybe just a few dear one's left to fend for themselves!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Flinchwhip

What's a bandwagoner for a music gig, never heard anything so ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Flinchwhip wrote: »
    What's a bandwagoner for a music gig, never heard anything so ridiculous.

Somebody referred to by a long standing fan who doesn't like the idea of a newer fan going along to a gig to see their sacred artist?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,615 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ah come one who don't like the Boss :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Ticketmaster threw up seats in Blocks 327, 322, 315 and 310 and I turned them all down. There was no way I was paying €137 to sit that far away from the stage.

I sat in the Lower Davin Stand for U2 in 2005 and it was a waste of time. Poor sound, poor view and too far removed from the action. I went again the following night and sat in the lower cusack in it was a completely different experience.

I kept plugging away today and eventually got Block 304 lower Cusack Stand for the Sunday night.

GBX wrote: »
    Somebody referred to by a long standing fan who doesn't like the idea of a newer fan going along to a gig to see their sacred artist?

That's what I assume it's meant to be, and I agree with the previous poster that it's absolute horse****.

"I've loved Bruce for longer than you and therefore feel as if I'm entitled to tickets ahead of you" is a pathetic attitude to have, rather then applauding the incredible pulling power of The Boss to continuously draw in new fans, especially younger ones.

Re paying above face value for tickets on second hand sites, it may only be a small premium but it's still a premium and this is what enables touts to thrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

I got two aearong bit would prefer standing... Sunday...if anyone wants to swap drop a pm ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

poundhound wrote: »
    Ticketmaster threw up seats in Blocks 327, 322, 315 and 310 and I turned them all down. There was no way I was paying €137 to sit that far away from the stage.

I sat in the Lower Davin Stand for U2 in 2005 and it was a waste of time. Poor sound, poor view and too far removed from the action. I went again the following night and sat in the lower cusack in it was a completely different experience.

I kept plugging away today and eventually got Block 304 lower Cusack Stand for the Sunday night.

around what time you get those seats?

Who bought the CD at the checkout?

I was surprised it was only a greatest hits on offer and not "The River"

It was only €6.99 so I went for it. Probably have all the songs anyway through all the albums, but I can give it to the missus for her car.

Who bought the CD at the checkout?

I was surprised it was only a greatest hits on offer and not "The River"

It was only €6.99 so I went for it. Probably have all the songs anyway through all the albums, but I can give it to the missus for her car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Adverts does not allow the sale of tickets over face value. It's strictly face value + any TM fees or less. If any slip through, just click report. They are removed in double quick time.

Advertisement