Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

@ Cookie Dough, I got the seats in Block 304 at 10.30am.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Flinchwhip wrote: »
    What's a bandwagoner for a music gig, never heard anything so ridiculous.

It's ridiculous alright but they are there more interested in selfies and what they see of gig is probably through phone. Gone for the session

The River no doubt will hit the charts picked up by the fans that have it already?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I wonder how many used the app & got thru quicker, as it was a continuous wait on Firefox 19m - 45m although i was only after 1 ticket -standing, kept getting Davin!
    I heard someone back there had trouble with firefox+password, i had ABP blocking the sale!

I suppose higher tier & not far away, will have a better view on UPP733 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I wonder how many used the app & got thru quicker, as it was a continuous wait on Firefox 19m - 45m although i was only after 1 ticket -standing, kept getting Davin!
    I heard someone back there had trouble with firefox+password, i had ABP blocking the sale!

I suppose higher tier & not far away, will have a better view on UPP733 :confused:

About 20 minutes on the app. That included having to put my cards through twice, and confirming which one I was using.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I had a laptop with firefox since 8.50 and gave up at 9.10. I also had the app on my phone at 9am and got my tix at 9.05

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

i had the app on phone, 3 browser sessions on 3 different isps, vpn to the states and got no tickets :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,996 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

woodyg wrote: »
    i had the app on phone, 3 browser sessions on 3 different isps, vpn to the states and got no tickets :(

why a vpn to the states????? :confused:

were you keeping on hitting refresh or f5?.... not a good idea, get in que and wait your turn. slow and painful, but your best bet in the long run

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

woodyg wrote: »
    There are still some Sunday tickets available

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jerseygirleire

Thankfully got pitch for Friday and Sunday nerve wrecking experience though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Still tickets available. Just had a look there myself too.

• Advertisement

Thankfully got pitch for Friday and Sunday nerve wrecking ball experience though!

FYP :D

andreac wrote: »
    Still tickets available. Just had a look there myself too.

curious.... so I just looked again

no tickets of any description for either night available now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Seve OB wrote: »
    why a vpn to the states????? :confused:

were you keeping on hitting refresh or f5?.... not a good idea, get in que and wait your turn. slow and painful, but your best bet in the long run

na no f5 was just sitting in the queue
    vpn to the states to use another connection isp
    have had more luck with doing it over that vpn for other gigs than using an irish isp

curious.... so I just looked again

no tickets of any description for either night available now

There are. If you put in 1 ticket, it comes up.1 ticket for sec 310 on the sunday coming up for me just now when i tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,419 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I had a laptop with firefox since 8.50 and gave up at 9.10. I also had the app on my phone at 9am and got my tix at 9.05

Same Firefox was **** for me didn't even get into the sale on it. Searched Bruce on the app at 9.00 and the ticket section loaded up and selected 3 at 131 value and it took about 2 mins to search and tickets came up and then after a nervous 2/3 mins of processing the sale I got them. Love when u get the magical Ticketmaster email. App all the way

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Regarding the €600 ad posted above, that's for 4 tickets. I got 4 this morning and paid €550. I know it's still above face value but it's not a crazy premium to be fair.

Where you buy them that early?

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

Nothing left for either night it seems. Got two standing for the Friday this morning.

Why didn't they have The River as the CD add on? Would've made a lot of sense. Having a Greatest Hits just implies it will be a Greatest Hits show. Having said hat when you look at the setlists he will play a lot of hits. The River, Hungry Heart, Thunder Road, Born To Run, Dancing In The Dark, Badlands , The Rising, Rosie, Shout and maybe other songs casuals would know like Because The Night, Human Touch, Brilliant Disguise and he might even do Born In The USA as he tends to do it in Europe more than America lately. American Land is likely too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

There are still single seats for Sunday available in the lower Cusack & Davin if anyone's interested - we just bought one a few mins ago

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Pinkman wrote: »
    Nothing left for either night it seems. Got two standing for the Friday this morning.

Why didn't they have The River as the CD add on? Would've made a lot of sense. Having a Greatest Hits just implies it will be a Greatest Hits show. Having said hat when you look at the setlists he will play a lot of hits. The River, Hungry Heart, Thunder Road, Born To Run, Dancing In The Dark, Badlands , The Rising, Rosie, Shout and maybe other songs casuals would know like Because The Night, Human Touch, Brilliant Disguise and he might even do Born In The USA as he tends to do it in Europe more than America lately. American Land is likely too.

It's a bit cheeky to be "offering" any CD at check out IMO. People are already shelling out enough for tickets without unnecessary add on's, especially when people are in a hurry to checkout and complete their order. I would have thought most people would have a greatest hits already anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

Seated tickets still available for Friday night on ticketmaster.ie

• Advertisement

There are single tickets available. Id say if you put in for 2 they wont come up, but they do if you put for 1.

It's a bit cheeky to be "offering" any CD at check out IMO. People are already shelling out enough for tickets without unnecessary add on's, especially when people are in a hurry to checkout and complete their order. I would have thought most people would have a greatest hits already anyway

why? they are running a business after all. €6.99 for a cd is pretty cheap. you will probably pay a lot more for it on iTunes.

you'll be hard pressed to find any company who doesn't try and "upsell" these days.

if you don't want it, say no. it's online after all, so nobody in your face putting pressure on you.

you don't seem to have any issues with the insurance thing they try and sell you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Everyone's aware that Bruce takes to the stage at 7pm, yeah?

And no under 14's are allowed in the standing area.

I figure those are the two rules a lot of people will f**k up and end up reeeeeeeallly disappointed/angry on the day.

why? they are running a business after all. €6.99 for a cd is pretty cheap. you will probably pay a lot more for it on iTunes.

you'll be hard pressed to find any company who doesn't try and "upsell" these days.

if you don't want it, say no. it's online after all, so nobody in your face putting pressure on you.

you don't seem to have any issues with the insurance thing they try and sell you

I do actually as I think it's pointless. I was giving my own opinion, it's obviously up to the person purchasing to decide if they want to add a CD. Bit random though. I haven't come across that before, I'm sure we will no doubt see a lot of other artist doing the same in future

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

What time do ye reckon the gig will finish?

I do actually as I think it's pointless. I was giving my own opinion, it's obviously up to the person purchasing to decide if they want to add a CD. Bit random though. I haven't come across that before, I'm sure we will no doubt see a lot of other artist doing the same in future

well you didn't say it was pointless. you said it was cheeky.

and in fairness, they weren't doing a Ryanair on it by making you untick it if you didn't want it. you had to opt in, rather than opt out, so was completely at the punters discretion.

I actually though it was very clever. except to qualify the very part, they should have sold the river

• Registered Users Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I must say the ticketmaster system for online purchase is a shambles!!

When you select seating tickets for a particular price, it throws 2 crappy seats at you, and when you check again (multiple times), it then offers better placed seats at the same price!!

Why not let the buyer pick the block they'd like to sit in for any particular price range?

I took 2 seated tickets for Sunday in the Davin lower, and from what people are saying, it's a pretty **** area of the ground for concerts.
    Then, later going back in through the Q, it offered me seats a number of times which were much closer to the stage!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I agree, they should have tried selling the River album, pretty much everyone buying tickets will have at least a Greatest hits collection already.

They also should have been clearer that the River double album will be played in full.

well you didn't say it was pointless. you said it was cheeky.

and in fairness, they weren't doing a Ryanair on it by making you untick it if you didn't want it. you had to opt in, rather than opt out, so was completely at the punters discretion.

I actually though it was very clever. except to qualify the very part, they should have sold the river

The insurance is pointless but the CD was cheeky. To go back to your point anyway they should have been offering the river as it would make more sense. I really couldn't care less what people choose to buy or not buy I was giving my opinion and not intending to drag the thread off topic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,419 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

adrian522 wrote: »
    I agree, they should have tried selling the River album, pretty much everyone buying tickets will have at least a Greatest hits collection already.

i dont own any bruce albums. I spotify them. i do own the hyde park and Springsteen & I blu rays.

Springsteen & I is average at best (hated the women who forced her son to talk about bruce in her kitchen and she was clearly drunk/high)

Advertisement