Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

I got my standing ticket for Friday on the app. Thankfully! Poor finances means I can't do Sunday too.

The fact he is doing all of The River shouldn't really be an issue. Bruce never does a greatest hits show. I think The River will be a great album to do live. I can't wait!

I got my standing ticket for Friday on the app. Thankfully! Poor finances means I can't do Sunday too.

The fact he is doing all of The River shouldn't really be an issue. Bruce never does a greatest hits show. I think The River will be a great album to do live. I can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

The boss will more than likely play his greatest hits aswell as the river album in full. He has in his previous gigs on his US tour anyway I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Raoul

Anyone got any ideas on what is the best way to get pit passes? I know someone that has secured two already cos he knows an Aiken :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭foxirl

Got 2 seated this morning for Friday. Wanted standing but no luck. If I can pick up standing ones I'll sell these at face value. Looking forward to it now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Raoul wrote: »
    Anyone got any ideas on what is the best way to get pit passes? I know someone that has secured two already cos he knows an Aiken :(.

I've been to 3 Springsteen gigs, got 3 pit passes by showing up a few hours beforehand to the venue and hanging out with the people there.

There is some luck to getting there when the stewards turn up and get swarmed by the fans who travel the world watching Bruce, but there's no real planning ahead that I am aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Just turn up before gates open you'll definitely get a pit pass. It'll be huge for Croke PK.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭interlocked

I've been to 3 Springsteen gigs, got 3 pit passes by showing up a few hours beforehand to the venue and hanging out with the people there.

There is some luck to getting there when the stewards turn up and get swarmed by the fans who travel the world watching Bruce, but there's no real planning ahead that I am aware of.

Depends how close you want to be to the stage, if you just want to be in the pit, follow the above, if you want to be on the rail, you're going to have to queue in the fan run line, you'd need to get a number in it at least the day before the show.

BTW I just picked up three GA's for Friday night on Ticketmaster, single purchases, had to throw back stand tickets dozens of times but pitch tickets are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭huey1975

I got 6 for the Davin section 325. **** seats but I had to go to work and didn't want to turn them down to rejoin the queue. Now I need to find 5 friends with €135 to spend!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

BTW I just picked up three GA's for Friday night on Ticketmaster, single purchases, had to throw back stand tickets dozens of times but pitch tickets are there.

The concerts are far from a sell out in reality,its all just marketing and hype.

A certain number of tickets will have been made available this morning. Probably around 60% of true capacity. As soon as these tickets were gone, Aiken is able to say that the ticket allocation is sold out and build the hype.

Plenty of disappointed people are shut out, and it's a case of the "grass is always greener" so their desperation for a ticket is all the greater. At that point, he announces there's a second show and will make a similar number of tickets for that night available. Again, the number is deliberately very limited (particularly with regards to GA) to ensure there's plenty of hype/a perception that the tickets are super hot. By that point, if you've been shut out again, you're absolutely delirious and are absolutely convinced that you HAVE to be at this show. People then start taking desperate measures; they're willing to snap up the extra expensive tickets which are now miraculously available or the nosebleeds.
    Or even better, they'll head straight over to Seatwave and pay through the nose believing it's their only chance of getting a ticket.

All the while, there are still 10s of thousands tickets available for both nights (usually the best possible seats/GA which the promoter ensures are deliberately held back as highlighted by the NY Attorney Generals report) that will slowly seep out over the next 3 months (depending on demand) for the more savvy buyer.

Any ticket promoter and artist sells "worst to best". So they limit the sale of GA and premium side seats on the initial sale date, so the average ticket buyer will log on and see that all that is left is the upper decks and buy them assuming that is all there is left.

There will be loads of face value tickets floating around for this come May .

This is a copy of the New York Attorney generals recent report in case anyone is interested ,its an excellent read and view into th emurky dealings of concert promotion .
    http://www.ag.ny.gov/pdfs/Ticket_Sales_Report.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Listening to the Album again. This is going to be one awesome gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

A friend just picked up 2 tickets for Friday in section 304

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭villa2008

Just got a pitch / standing ticket for Friday on ticketmaster. Thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

THANK YOU!
    I just managed to buy 5 standing tickets for the Friday using this method. Bought 3 x 1 ticket each then 2 tickets together. So weird that they're still available. Double and treble-checked my email confirmation to make sure and they're there. I can offload the vertigo upper hogan stand tickets for the sunday and don't have to take Monday off work :)

Thanks so much!! :D

Zardoz wrote: »
    This is a copy of the New York Attorney generals recent report in case anyone is interested ,its an excellent read and view into th emurky dealings of concert promotion .
    http://www.ag.ny.gov/pdfs/Ticket_Sales_Report.pdf

Interesting, and infuriating read. BOTS probably picked up a high percentage of the tickets sold today.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,419 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

one of the things im dreading about this shows are the dreaded self entitled middle aged women/men who are out for the day who will talk during the quite songs, be going in and out of the bar/toliets every 5 mins, arriving 5 mins into the show etc.

'CONCERT TSHIRTS 10 EURO'

• Registered Users Posts: 15,996 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

PTH2009 wrote: »

I'll have one of them please ......... Oh and round of beers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

tickets on sale now. upper cusack

Is there a certain quota that defines 'sold out' eg when a buyer can't buy more than one ticket

Is there a certain quota that defines 'sold out' eg when a buyer can't buy more than one ticket

It seems to be pot luck and persistence. I bought 5 standing tickets this evening by selecting 1 each time. For the third attempt and single ticket, it said 'none available', I changed it to two tickets and hey presto, got 2 standing tickets. Then I bought another single ticket 5 minutes later Keep trying is my advice.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,996 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Yeah had a quick look earlier and there was 2 standing available. Not sure why they saying sold out

paulie21 wrote: »
    Yeah had a quick look earlier and there was 2 standing available. Not sure why they saying sold out

To get the media talking.

It's a sad day for me though because Bruce cud be my last Croke Park concert as none of my other favourite bands/artists are big enough/not suited to Croke Park. I can't see a reformed guns n roses playing Croke Park. Garth Brooks won't be back, u2 possibly finished doing stadium gigs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

one of the things im dreading about this shows are the dreaded self entitled middle aged women/men who are out for the day who will talk during the quite songs, be going in and out of the bar/toliets every 5 mins, arriving 5 mins into the show etc.

Self entitled? I think you accidentally misspelled "just as entitled as everyone else there by virtue of fact they forked over their hard earned cash". This kind of snobbery infuriates me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭Speak Now

You're the one sounding self entitled, maybe they should only allow people in with a Bruce tattoo and a vinyl copy of the river under there arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Zardoz wrote: »
    The concerts are far from a sell out in reality,its all just marketing and hype.

A certain number of tickets will have been made available this morning. Probably around 60% of true capacity. As soon as these tickets were gone, Aiken is able to say that the ticket allocation is sold out and build the hype.

All conjecture. Bruce has sold out many shows in Ireland in the past, with the usual means of promotion. What are they building the hype for exactly? They spend a fortune on tv / radio / print / online advertising in advance for what? The good of their health?

If they can sell out the show they will. Tickets will be kept back for seatwave/getmein/media/press in advance, the rest go onsale. The end.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

Got tickets for the Sunday, the cheapest ones up in the top tier. Can you wander down onto the pitch from there, or are we stuck in the seats for the night?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Wooderson

kelbal wrote: »
    Got tickets for the Sunday, the cheapest ones up in the top tier. Can you wander down onto the pitch from there, or are we stuck in the seats for the night?

:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Satdog

I was looking for Pitch Tickets (GA) and paid the €98.50 plus booking fee. My receipt says Section: Stand, Row: G25, Seats: xxx - xxx. What did I get? Surely not up in the stands. The only €98.50 tickets were for the pitch.

Satdog wrote: »
    I was looking for Pitch Tickets (GA) and paid the €98.50 plus booking fee. My receipt says Section: Stand, Row: G25, Seats: xxx - xxx. What did I get? Surely not up in the stands. The only €98.50 tickets were for the pitch.

They're standing pitch tickets with a random number that you can ignore :)

• Advertisement

Speak Now wrote: »
    You're the one sounding self entitled, maybe they should only allow people in with a Bruce tattoo and a vinyl copy of the river under there arm.

I spend money too to enjoy the show not to be getting up every few mins to let someone In and out and people coming in 5 mins into the show blocking view etc. The worse is been stuck next to a messy drunk person but that's what I get for getting seated tickets. It's life I suppose

Advertisement